April 18, 2014 | 1352 users online

Lipstick - DuWop - Private Red

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Gypsygold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have wanted to buy this lippy for awhile, but i work for another cosmetic line, and Im a bona fide product junkie (I have a milion red lippys alrdy). So on a down day :(, I went ahead and bought the private red and the private plum. I'm thrilled, the combination of the 2..red in the middle and plum around leaves the PERFECT fall lip shade. But as I kept using it, I fell in love with the natural reddish tone lipstain it leaves behind....making my lips look naturally red/plum...it looks like I just applyed a hint a lip balm!. So now in the morning of the days I decide I dont want a nude or pink lip...I apply both red and plum over and over (wipping off in between) so I leave the house with a doll like stain! BUY THIS!!!!
If anyone who is reading this wants to swap their Private nude, or pink hit me up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by petmyskurvette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick. It is my go-to red. The formula is so long lasting, and I don't feel that it dries out my lips. Plus, the color is perfect for me. It looks great on me (light-skinned Asian) and when my friend (dark-skinned Ethiopian) tried it, it looked beautiful on her as well. I bought it on sale, which adds to the greatness of this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by CAPTAINOBVlOUS

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this for 1/2 off so paying $11 for the product makes it worth it. I looove the scent of the lipstick and the way it glides on. I cannot feel it at all on my lips, but when I press them together they feel like silk. LOVE that part! The claims are kinda BS, but I feel like all makeup that claims that it adapts to each individual are BS. That having been said, I really like this color on me. It's not a bright red at all. It's a subtly dramatic red that I actually feel like I can pull off and not feel like people are staring at me for the wrong reason when I wear it lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Tokkaebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This really does give me a perfect red. I have medium beige Korean skin, and can get really dark. I have a lot of blue undertones in my skin, and even in my hair (I have blue-red highlights in the summer). This red lipstick gives me a deep blue-red, and it's surprisingly wearable for being as bold as it is. The texture of it is another win, for me, even slick. And it has some henna in it, which explains the staining quality. I actually love everything about this lipstick. The packaging reminds me of Hourglass packaging, which I love. Nice and heavy, a blue metallic case, absolutely gorgeous. This lipstick is pricey, but I happen to really like everything about it. My mother actually won this lipstick through an online sweepstakes. ^_^

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by mistylovesnikras

I have two problems with this product. This pulled a warm red with orange undertones on me. I thought this was an orange based lipstick that fair tones could not wear. Orange based reds also make your teeth look yellow. I was shocked to see the photo of the woman wearing it and wearing it rather nicely. The formula is wonderful and I love the packaging. You get a ton of product compared to a MAC lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Redmosaic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous vintage movie star red, rich bricky red, light texture, moist and creamy; Sticks onto lips all the way, no feathering. Makes em look fuller and lush. I have had almost every red on the market and this is tops.
Just bought more, one for purse, one for home.
Light scent, good taste, hint of a stain when it wears off.
I dont see it change color at all, it is not like the mood lipsticks, but it is a true, sultry tomato red.
Can not praise it enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by centrechic

I love this lipstick! It works really well with my skintone and has worked with several of my friends' skintones. It's a pretty universally flattering red and its satin finish is so classy! It doesn't moisturize lips nor does it dry it out, it only gives color, so if you're looking for a double-duty product, this isn't it, as fabulous as it is otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't wear red lipstick often, but this one is very pretty, flattering, and doesn't dry my lips. It's not something I'd wear to the office or anything, but is perfect for a classic night out. I'm looking forward to trying the nude version.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Texasbrian14

My go to red lipstick that is in my makeup kit. You get YOUR VERY OWN shade of lipstick that no one will have. What more can anyone ask for! Rumor has it that they are coming out with Private Plum and Private Nude ... I can not wait !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a deep, pretty red. It goes on very easily-- one swipe gives a lot of color. Not for the heavy handed! Best to use a liner with it. It lasts a long time. As others noted, it is drying, but the color is so beautiful that I don't mind that. I really like it.