October 1, 2014 | 1150 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Mark Treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by oresvesk

Like another reviewer, I bought this at Walmart for roughly $6 after I had run out of Clean and Clear ACNE SPOT Treatment. When I saw this, I thought maybe Clean and Clear decided to change up the packaging and the name, since I didn't see the acne spot treatment anywhere.

So, I picked up this MARK treatment. I didn't like the heavy perfume smell this product had. It was a little overwhelming, unlike the acne spot treatment. I applied it to my trouble spots, and also noticed the texture was a little different.

When I had my acne spot treatment, I usually applied moisturizer 3-5 minutes afterwords. When I applied moisturizer after using the MARK treatment, it was like all the product was rubbing off! It came off my skin in white (similar to eraser shavings) and got in my hair and it was frustrating.

Not very pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by carlymarie31

I get mild acne but what's worse than the acne are the red marks/hyper pigmentation that get left behind. This product is GREAT for that. Once the spot is no longer active I put this on and see improvement over night! Works to fade post acne marks fast. Really awesome product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Torishi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

walmart was out of my usual invisible gel from clean & clear that I'd been using for years and years, so I thought I'd try something different.
Wompwompwomp wrong decision here... It might work if I went barefaced for awhile, but I just can't do that. I need my sunscreen and moisturizer and no matter how I try, this stuff does not play well with any of my other skin products! No matter the order I apply things in, leave it be for drying/absorption for a long while...when combined it balls up on my face like I applied elmer's kiddie glue! Blech.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ronda54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many of the expensive products that simply do not work. Tried this on a whim not expecting much. It worked great!!!!! Will try and stockpile.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MochaLatte18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My mum bought me this a while back because i had a major breakout that just wont leave. I used for around a month and nothing good happened. The marks were still very visible, it dried my skin and it made my acne worse. The consistency is like one of those transparent liquid glue that was used in school before glue sticks came. The only reason why i'm giving this product two lippies is because of the smell, for some reason i kind of like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by cherryk5

I started using this product 3 weeks ago and i havent seen a change. I was so excited to start using it until i noticed that it actually made my acne worse and it made my skin really dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lkeeney1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got Advantage Mark Treatment because I have a few acne scars that I would like to clear up, and I had heard good things about it. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed with the product. It didn't get rid of ANY of my old acne scars, and as I've seen in several other reviews, it sometimes made them more red. I did notice that it helped clear up some of my current acne, but honestly, it felt like it was was just drying them out (sort of like that makeup urban legend of putting toothpaste on zits) and didn't completely get rid of them. This was definitely not worth the money, and I probably won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by jessicaluc

I'm not sure if this product is doing what it promises. I just bought this yesterday and I have applied several times but there wasn't very good results. I like how it's clear and is a gel and when you put it on it's invisible. It's also pricey for such a small tube. I bought it for about $7 and I think it should have been cheaper. For sure, not gonna repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product does dry up blemishes over 4-5 days. It stings a little when you first put it on but it's not outrageous. As far as healing acne marks, I think if anything it might make them worse. I applied it to just scars, without an actual "active" blemish and they did not fade, but actually appeared more red.
So for blemishes, maybe give it a try. You have to be diligent with it for it to really get rid of them completely in less than a week. I'm talking about application at least twice a day. It can be VERY drying so try not to apply to the skin around the blemish too much or you will get a lot of peeling/flaking.
As for healing old acne marks, I'm still looking for something that will work.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by laurasaprincesss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't really know what people are talking about on these reviews.. this isn't for an ACTIVE pimple, it's for marks left behind. Taking care of acne scars is a lot easier when the scars are fresh than if the scars have been on your skin for years!
I put this on fresh scars and they disappear within a week or 2. It's so inexpensive compared to other products I usually buy, yet it works the most effectively. It doesn't smell great, it smells quite medicinal but I can overlook that due to the results I get.
Try it :)