September 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - TRUblend Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

I like to set my foundation with a light powder, and I was looking for an alternative to the Covergirl Clean for sensitive skin. I have tried this multiple times since buying it and it just isn't a good all-over-the-face setting powder. It makes my face look powdery and cakey, and it's a bit too opaque. However, I gave it 4 lipsticks because as a mattifying powder for the area around my nose, it's really great. It works perfectly and can be reapplied throughout the day to this oilier area in order to prevent shiny face! It's more of a 'keep in your bag for touch-ups' than an 'all over face' powder, but it does a good job of mattifying!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LVOE LOVE LOVE LVOE OLOOOVOVVVEEE THIS STUFF!!! I can't even spell it's so good. I cannot seem to find a powder to set better than this one. It's wonderful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this while traveling to set the new CG whipped Fdn I was trying (pretty good stuff) and I'm really impressed with it. I find it very similar to my Clinique Almost powder fdn in coverage and staying powder but this feel a little bit lighter. If you just need something to set or smooth out your moisturizer or light fdn this would work well. Be aware if you layer it really heavy it will appear chalky until some skin oils can blend it out. I've gone from HE Jane Iredale to this and I'm honestly surprised I like it as much as I do. Every now and then CG comes out with a quality product that works well for me. The coverage is sheer and minimizes my pores. It doesn't make my skin itch like BE and so far has lasted 6+ hours in the sun and minor sweating of summer with minimal wearing off. (I have pretty balanced skin so I don't ever have an excess of face oil) For summer I'm wearing lighter coverage so an Olay Total Effects CC Cream (oh look another repackaged TM!) and this powder is perfect.

If you need a cheap powder for touch ups or setting I'd definitely give this a try. Most of the time you can find CG on sale somewhere too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to face/setting powder. Hit the pan every time and use it every day. Used to use MAC Blotting Powder but felt it was too drying and looked too much like powder on my face. Tried MakeupFover HD powder and it was just too messy and left a white cast on my face. Bought this on a whim after reading some reviews (and having a coupon) and love it!

PROS:
- Great natural look
- Sets makeup very well - especially undereye concealer
- Great for normal to slightly oily skin
- If you are lucky enough to be a color match blends into your skin amazingly and leaves no powdery look

CONS (Why only gets 4 lippies)
- Not the longest lasting oil control - I usually need to use a blotting paper or reapply around 3pm
- Not the greatest amount in the pan - I go through these rather quickly
- Hate the sponge that comes with the product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

i heard somewhere that this was a dupe for MAC MSFN (which breaks me out horribly). I gave it a go and sadly I don't think they're comparable. This isn't a bad product, but it's not great either. It's very powdery and gets all over the place when you put your brush in the compact.

The finish is very cakey, even when applied with a large fluffy brush.

I've repurposed this product and use it on my eyes as a highlight/blender shade rather than an all-over face powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by LittleRedDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This isn't the best product to wear as a foundation, yet it it wonderful when you apply it over your liquid foundation.
It gives a nice hold and makes your makeup look very smooth.

I rate it a 3 for an overall foundation.
Yet a 4 or 5 as a powder to use over your liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Dee987

Im NC37 and I use Honey. Great match. I use this to set my foundation but only use a little bit. If I use too much then I spray some fix over it otherwise it would look to matte and powdery. When I wear this on its own I tend to use a bit more and it looks like I'm wearing nothing! It definitely keeps my face matte and evens out my skin tone. I don't have many blemishes or redness on my face but enough to notice. It works really well I must admit. I really like this powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by countrygirl97

I hate this powder it makes my face look flakey! it also cakes very easily . This powder is not for my combination skin! I also dont like it when my face looks matte. A matte finish looks fake and not purdy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a makeup junkie. I normally buy high end powders because I thought they were more finely milled. Well, this powder performs extremely well for the money, I may never go back to higher end!
The only thing I would suggest is it is best for those with combo or oily skin. I am combo and I get good results when I have moisturized first. I would not recommend this for drier skins unless you use a very emollient moisturizer first. The packaging is not very protective, drop it and you've lost it. Overall, a great find. I like the fact that it's mineral and not loose but pressed so it's a lot neater and easier to transport and touch up on the go. Bought two different colours, a great match for my skin tone, easy application. Impressed. Thank you Cover Girl!
Edit: The amount of product in the packaging is minimal. I barely used it and have already reached the bottom. Minus one lippy.
Edit 2: Thought I'd try something else but couldn't resist the price of this and the terrific match to my skin tone. I use it to touch up and rid my face of shine. Bought it on sale this time. Does not break me out, which is a bonus. Like the silver colour of the packaging although wish it was a bit more protective.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by tinyvessels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I used this everyday to set my foundation. I actually hit pan on this, but there's still some product left. It's fairly inexpensive and it's a really good drugstore setting powder. It may be hard to color match yourself, but this is one of my favorite powders. I do have to reapply maybe once or twice throughout the day.