Paula's Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer

3.9

Not tested on animals

(2011 formula) Water, Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Ethylhexyl Stearate (thickener), Cocoglycerides (emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (antioxidant emollient), Squalane (emollient), Sodium Polyacrylate (film-forming agent), Lecithin, Adenosine, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (cell-communicating ingredients), Ceramide 3 (skin-identical ingredient), Retinol (cell-communicating ingredient), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidants), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Oil (antioxidants), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, (film-forming agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Phenoxyethanol (preservative)

on 5/22/2015 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am currently 25 and have suffered many skin problems for over 10 years and I can finally leave the house with minimal to no makeup. I have oily combination, sensitive skin and acne prone. I suffer from hyper pigmentations, redness, clogged pores, and blackheads. I have used this for about 6 months and I now have even toned skin, smaller pores, less blackheads, less redness, no flaky skin, and I've had maybe three pimples in the last 6 months! I have sensitive skin but this didnt break my out at all. I use this in conjunction with the Paula's choice 2% BHA exfoliant and skin balancing pore reducing toner. I love how this moisturizer sinks right in and doesn't leave any residue but keeps my skin hydrated all day. Many of their products does what it claims and this is definitely a repurchase for me when I am done.

I found a link for 10$ OFF for anyone wants to try any Paula's Choice products! - https://goo.gl/HH4DMT

You can even stack this and get an additional 20% OFF one product and FREE SHIPPING with this code "PRIMP20" enjoy! :)

on 5/1/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So surprised that I can use this moisturizer with retinol. Usually moisturizers with retinol wreck my skin but this has only caused a little flaking but no redness or irritation. I find it silky and moisturizing but not heavy or cloying which is important to me since I have rosacea and heavy creams can clog my pores easily and cause my skin to flare.

I am considering adding in a hyaluronic drop or 2 to this moisturizer to minimize the flakes.

The combination of the Resist products I'm currently using are making my skin look more clear and bright so I 'm happy with my choices.

on 1/17/2015 3:13:00 AM

Not moisturizing enough for me. It seems that all Paula's products containing retinol, don't do the trick for me. My skin feels highly uncomfortable, which I truly hate. Waste of money. I'll go back to my old 'love' Hydra Beauty Creme from Chanel. I prefer to have a comfortable feeling skin with a few lines than a tight feeling skin and hardly no lines.

on 11/10/2014 11:21:00 AM

I purchased this because of the impressive ingredient list. Contains a host of antioxidants in a lightweight base that did not cause my combo skin to breakout. The problem for me was that this does not contain enough retinol for me to notice any anti-aging effects. I used this nightly for 6 months and no change in my skin.

on 9/2/2014 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like to treat myself to higher end skincare once in a while so when comparing the senses this moisturizer seems very basic. However, Paula's Choice products are very value for money and this is no exception, considering it includes anti-oxidants, cell-communicating agents and retinol. The packaging may not be lux but with the plastic body it's handy for travel and with the pump you minimize risk of contamination as opposed to what you get in a jar. I have normal to dry skin and found this to be OK provided I've layered on a serum beforehand. Otherwise probably not moisturizing enough. As I'm using this more as preventative measure I can't vouch whether my skin has improved or not as a result of this moisturizer alone because my night routine involves quite a number of steps. Cleanse, tone, exfoliate (with BHA), serum with retinol, moisturizer and this combination leaves my skin in pretty good shape.

So would I buy this again? Yes, but it's not a must have for me if there's good serum available and well, if I miss the sensory pleasures of using nice products.

on 7/30/2014 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This is a lightweight lotion suitable for dry skin. Someone with minimal oiliness could use this and someone with combination skin could use this on dry patches. I found the ingredients to be up to 'Paulas' standards. It is fragrance free which is a bonus.

on 7/12/2014 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect moisturiser for my skin, I just love it. Hydrating but not heavy or pore clogging, no silicone (which breaks me out horribly,) and it has antioxidants and cell communicating ingredients. If my cheeks are drier than usual I add a little drop of almond oil into the cream, otherwise it keeps my skin happy all on its own. It's pretty expensive in the UK, about £27, which is a lot when it doesn't last that long. It's worth it though, it's my one indulgence since I can't find any other moisturiser my skin likes as much.

on 5/27/2014 8:52:00 PM

I've been using this almost a year and a half now and absolutely love it. The entire RESIST line has been great for my post-40 sensitive skin. I regularly get compliments on my skin these days and believe this is at least partially responsible for reversing fine lines.

on 5/14/2014 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My HG evening moisturizer. I have dry, sensitive skin and eczema. Most products just make the eczema angry, but this soothes it. I've gone from having flaky skin with scaly patches to supple, glowing skin. Seriously, I'm glowing. It also evens tone like Estée Lauder's Idealist, a benefit I hadn't expected. My skin is so improved that I can wear foundation and blush again, something my dry, irritated skin had made almost impossible for years. I haven't experienced breakouts, but I'm not prone to them. If only they offered it with SPF for day use!!!

on 5/10/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried a sample of this and it caused breakouts -- might be problematic for those with sensitive skin. As others have noted, it has a thin, lightweight texture, more like a serum than a lotion.

Popular Moisturizers