January 30, 2015 | 1224 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2015 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Miek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not moisturizing enough for me. It seems that all Paula's products containing retinol, don't do the trick for me. My skin feels highly uncomfortable, which I truly hate. Waste of money. I'll go back to my old 'love' Hydra Beauty Creme from Chanel. I prefer to have a comfortable feeling skin with a few lines than a tight feeling skin and hardly no lines.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this because of the impressive ingredient list. Contains a host of antioxidants in a lightweight base that did not cause my combo skin to breakout. The problem for me was that this does not contain enough retinol for me to notice any anti-aging effects. I used this nightly for 6 months and no change in my skin. When I switched to Derma Doctor Poetry in lotion which contains 1% retinol, I had an improvement in fine lines in 3 months. I am 47 so definitely need a higher percentage retinol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like to treat myself to higher end skincare once in a while so when comparing the senses this moisturizer seems very basic. However, Paula's Choice products are very value for money and this is no exception, considering it includes anti-oxidants, cell-communicating agents and retinol. The packaging may not be lux but with the plastic body it's handy for travel and with the pump you minimize risk of contamination as opposed to what you get in a jar. I have normal to dry skin and found this to be OK provided I've layered on a serum beforehand. Otherwise probably not moisturizing enough. As I'm using this more as preventative measure I can't vouch whether my skin has improved or not as a result of this moisturizer alone because my night routine involves quite a number of steps. Cleanse, tone, exfoliate (with BHA), serum with retinol, moisturizer and this combination leaves my skin in pretty good shape.

So would I buy this again? Yes, but it's not a must have for me if there's good serum available and well, if I miss the sensory pleasures of using nice products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This is a lightweight lotion suitable for dry skin. Someone with minimal oiliness could use this and someone with combination skin could use this on dry patches. I found the ingredients to be up to 'Paulas' standards. It is fragrance free which is a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by srhgts

Perfect moisturiser for my skin, I just love it. Hydrating but not heavy or pore clogging, no silicone (which breaks me out horribly,) and it has antioxidants and cell communicating ingredients. If my cheeks are drier than usual I add a little drop of almond oil into the cream, otherwise it keeps my skin happy all on its own. It's pretty expensive in the UK, about £27, which is a lot when it doesn't last that long. It's worth it though, it's my one indulgence since I can't find any other moisturiser my skin likes as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by JCS772

I've been using this almost a year and a half now and absolutely love it. The entire RESIST line has been great for my post-40 sensitive skin. I regularly get compliments on my skin these days and believe this is at least partially responsible for reversing fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by LE9180

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG evening moisturizer. I have dry, sensitive skin and eczema. Most products just make the eczema angry, but this soothes it. I've gone from having flaky skin with scaly patches to supple, glowing skin. Seriously, I'm glowing. It also evens tone like Estée Lauder's Idealist, a benefit I hadn't expected. My skin is so improved that I can wear foundation and blush again, something my dry, irritated skin had made almost impossible for years. I haven't experienced breakouts, but I'm not prone to them. If only they offered it with SPF for day use!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by PlantStrong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample of this and it caused breakouts -- might be problematic for those with sensitive skin. As others have noted, it has a thin, lightweight texture, more like a serum than a lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I do not think that this moisturizer is particularly moisturizing. It is, as noted by others, more of a serum. That being said, it is not a bad moisturizer, although I am not impressed by it. I have a couple of gripes about the product in general, since Paula Begoun is so apt to judge others' products. I do not like how the percent of retinol is not indicated on the packaging. I think that it is foolish to by a retinol product without a firm idea of the concentration. Secondly, for those who use this moisturizer during the daytime, where is the SPF? Paula is the first one to complain about how sun protection should be incorporated into creams, and yet this product requires that you use a second product in tandem. Also, I bought this product twice and both times the pump arrived damaged, so I got tired of replacing it. I think that, overall, this cream is not that special.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by wendylee526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. The best thing about this particular product is that it keeps my skin from being dry... and I have VERY dry skin. VERY dry. It doesn't make my skin feel like it drank it all in where it leaves a greasy feel. It does what it needs to by keeping my skin from being dry, but just feels soft and dry. So I kinda love it. And I'm a product junkie! I've tried EVERYTHING under the sun. I literally spend thousands of dollars a year keeping up w/ new products. Always trying to find that HG product line. I have faith in this product line and I have never loved taking care of my dry skin so much!! :)