October 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Gels/Soaps - Aubrey Organics - Calaguala Skin Treatment Bar

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

While this soap is not supposed to be drying I did find it so. Not horribly stripping or anything like that, but I definitely needed to use moisturizer afterwards. Also this has a very strong, but not unpleasant (at least to my nose) smell, though it's not from any synthetic fragrance. I purchased this because I have several large, nasty looking spider bites (one on each arm and leg) that were taking forever to heal, and I thought washing w/ this bar might help. I was not wrong; after using it for a few days every time I showered both bite marks on my arms, which were roughly the size of nickels and extremely red and irritated, shrank in size and started to return to normal flesh color; the ones on my legs were almost completely gone. I think this is a great bar soap if you have problem skin, and I would highly recommend it for that, but I'm not sure I'd use it for daily use unless I had to. It's nothing against the product, which is great, but I prefer floral scented soaps and don't have any skin issues normally (aside from dry skin), so I don't really need it.