April 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Skincare - Face - Kate Somerville - Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by brittclow69

I get a lot of hormonal acne on my chin.. The under the skin pimples that never want to fully pop up.. I was using proactive mask for the longest time which contains 6% sulfur.. I heard of this and read the reviews.. I know sulfur helps my pimples more then anything but the proactive wasn't cutting it anymore.. I tried this last night and a pimple Ive been trying to get rid of for weeks was gone by the morning.. If the product works like this all the time I found my new HG Spot treatment.. Price doesn't bother me at all! So far so good!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

I just bought this product last week because I have been having horrible breakouts all over my face, and within the first use, I could already tell a huge difference in my skin! Not only could I tell, but my mom and my boyfriend also commented on how much clearer my skin looked! I am so impressed! Like several other reviewers have said, I too have used Murad's Anti Aging Acne Spot Treatment and found that it does get rid of acne after a couple uses, but it is far too drying for my skin. I even used it with several different moisturizers (not at the same time lol!) but I still found that my skin was very flaky and it just didn't work for me. And often times the acne wouldn't actually go away, it would just get dry and flaky on top and then flake off, and the pimple would still be there. So I am very glad to have found a product that works for me and my sensitive skin! Also, I am perfectly fine with paying the $22 dollars for it, because it's not often I find a product I really like and that works! Plus, the 30 mL or 1 ounce bottle will last until the expiration date on the bottom, which for me, is 09/2015! Honestly, this bottle could last me half my life! Lol! Others are saying that the smell is bothering them, but it really doesn't bother me at all, and I am extremely sensitive to scents! I guess that's just a preference thing though. My only complaint is that the bottle doesn't have a built in brush of some sort. But I know that would be unsanitary, so it's best not to have one. Maybe if the bottle was just a tad bit shorter or something, it would make it a lot easier to dip a Qtip down to the bottom!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A sulfur, zinc oxide, salicylic acid, and camphor solution is a great addition to any skin care arsenal when a stubborn pimple arises despite your best efforts in preventative skin care. If you've got a nasty zit that you can't get rid of, this concoction is great for reducing the severity of the breakout. I wouldn't say to expect miracles, like how some people claim it makes their pimples go away overnight, but it definitely can help reduce the size, swelling, and duration of the acne spot. Simply use a cotton swab to apply to the affect spots and leave on for as long as possible or overnight. Don't be too eager and apply this more than once a day you'll just end up drying out your skin which could potentially increase irritation and make the breakout worse.

INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredient: Sulfur 10%; Inactive Ingredients:Isopropyl Alcohol, Water/Aqua/Eau, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947).

NOTE: You'll want to take extra care if you're going to apply this solution anywhere near or above your eye area as this product will dry into a crust and flake off. I once treated a spot in between my eyes and the product flaked off and got into one of my eyes, causing it to burn. It took a lot of effort to wash out I could see a small crust of pink literally stuck to my eyeball. This is why, if I am applying this product anywhere near my eyes, I will make sure I leave it on for a while and then wash it off instead of going to sleep or laying down, so I have less of a chance of the product flaking into my eyes. Please be careful!

TIP: I noticed that in my bottle of Eradikate, the clear liquid/solution of water and alcohol that floats about the pink substance evaporated completely after a few months. I didn't want the product to eventually dry out completely, so I poured in witch hazel, which is also pretty effective on its own for combatting acne. I noticed this combinations is even more effective on stubborn breakouts. If your bottle is drying out and you want to salvage it, try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Michaelajmag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive acne prone skin and this treatment has been the only way I've shortened the life span of my breakouts. If I feel a cystic acne bump forming on my chin I put this on and it actually stops it from emerging. I have suffered with acne for quite some time and have tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and tea tree oil spot treatments but none are as effective for me as this sulfur product. Will buy this over and over.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by bethin

I'm really annoyed because when I first bought this brought, I thought it was my life saver. It did significantly help me with breakouts and pimples. People would come up to me and say my skin looked amazing. Recently though, it has done to close to nothing. Maybe reduced swelling? Maybe. Maybe my pimples atm are the wrong type of pimples? Ill purchase this again under the context that I know it previously worked and there is small reduced swelling but I'm on the fence/leaning a little backwards. A product as such, you would think when applied properly and regularly would work always.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a so-so product. It did reduce swelling in some of my pimples, but after washing it off in the morning and going about my day, the swelling sort of came back by night. I could not use it more than two nights in a row; it was just way too irritating. It flakes off and the product in the bottle dries up quickly. I'm sure it works for some, but it didn't for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Fantastic prodcut that I actually returned. Why? Because its 10% sulfur as the only active ingredient, I managed to find a sulfur soap at my local pharmacy that is the exact same stuff. Performs just as well & costed me $2 vs $22. If your wondering KS is pink sulfur at the bottom of clear liquid, that you DONT mix. I used a q-tip to touch the pink gunk & apply directly to problems spots--> wake up with less red, dried and flattening out volcano. I liked it so much that I decided to wear it in the daytime, under makeup=HUGE mistake. Forgot that rancid awful smell, I was soo conscious of the weird stares all day. Now if your wondering how to get the max results from the soap, same concept. Lather a sud & apply to spot & sleep in it. It works beautifully as a 5 minute full face mask aso but if you want longer overnight results try that. I loved KS so much that I threw the receipt away after a week, knowing I'd use it forever; luckily sephora gave me the store credit for it & now I'll never look for another spot treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ShannonKing

This product is best when applied to popped (sorry, gross!) blemishes, so it's good for people like me who have a habit of touching their blemishes. It's also AMAZING for those under the skin pimples; the catch is applying morning AND night. I usually use it overnight and then dab it on any bad ones for about 15-20 mins while I'm doing my hair in the morning. You'll see results in 2-3 days!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by AmnAT

so i just got this product today as i was super excited when i read the reviews!so far so good!!loved the feeling when i applied it to my zit since it was so soothing.hope it turns out as good as i expected it to be, loving it so far!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading all the great reviews, I was super excited to try this product. I never felt like it did much to my acne. Compared to what other people say, nothing really changed overnight. I would put it on my big angry pimples and hope for a miracle when I woke up and nothing... I have used almost the whole bottle. I will admit I have not used it consistently the whole time. I tend to go through a few week period when I am good about putting it on my face every day but this is not a long term maintenance product so I don't see why that should make such a difference. I was always very careful about using fresh qtips. But despite my lack of success, I am still thinking about giving this another try .