February 1, 2015 | 2031 users online

Skincare - Face - Kate Somerville - Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product helps bring down the inflammation of cystic acne and huge zit outbreaks overnight. It will shorten the life span and reduce the pimple size, but it won't make it disappear overnight (there probably isn't any product that could actually do this anyway). So it's effective and does the best medication could do for pimples.

This product contains mostly isopropyl alcohol liquid in it and then sulfur sediment at the bottom of the bottle. To use this, you will need to dip your q-tip all the way to the bottom to pick up the sediment. Since this product contain alcohol, it evaporates pretty quickly. Make sure every time you open the bottle to use the product, close the lid right away afterwards. The alcohol will still evaporate much sooner than you finishing all the product from the bottom. To prolong/make the most of the product, buy some isopropyl alcohol from your local drugstore/pharmacy and add it to the bottle. Doing this will allow the product to last a very long time for you which will make the price more worth it.

The product is pretty pricey for what looks to be a small bottle. However the bottle lasts for a very long time, especially if you add the isopropyl after it is mostly evaporated. Overall, would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 11:45:00 PM More reviews by yenvyme80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fabulous! After one night of application I noticed a dramatic change. By the second night the blemish was almost gone. LOVE LOVE LOVE it....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really nice spot treatment. Overall, it's not a miracle worker, but I've yet to find a skin care product that is. I don't have horrible acne anymore, but I do still occasionally get spots or a big cystic thing on my face. The one thing I don't particularly like about this product is how much it flakes off after I apply it. Maybe I'm applying too thick a coat, but it seems like it just flakes off as soon as it dries. Very strong alcohol/sulfur combo smell, but that goes away pretty quickly.
Overall, a decent spot treatment that does what it says.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by milanak7

I've been struggling with acne for years and years and I have tried soooooo many face washes, spot treatments, and even prescription acne treatments. I heard about this product and thought I would give it a try, so I splurged and spent the $32 at Sephora. I found that this worked okay, but not as good as it should considering the price. For me, it works better on "new" pimples/spots, but it does not work on reoccurring spots (pimples that have come back). So it's an okay product, but not great. Personally, I found that the worst part of it is that it makes your skin fairly dry, because it's a peeling type of treatment so it just peels off your face. I put it on before I go to bed and then wash off what is left on my face in the morning and it makes my skin kind of flaky and dry. I hate to say that I would not purchase this again and was not very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by LiseC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yay Kate!!! Not a miracle worker but so far my HG product for painful cystic acne - it definitely shortens the lifespan of those suckers. A little pricey for the bottle but it lasts a long time and hey, if it works...have repurchased twice and almost on my 3rd bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by meredithtaylor

I find that this is mainly meant for really stubborn blemishes. It does typically help to dry them out and heal them, but it doesn't always work. You never know if it's going to actually work and make the blemish go away really fast or do nothing. When it works though, it really works and I love that. The only other thing is that it's kind of hard to get out of the bottle once you've used up most of it. I like to try to use every last bit since it is so expensive, and in the beginning it's fine, but once all the liquid part is gone you're just left with the pink stuff on the bottom and it's really hard to get out. Overall, even though it doesn't always work, when it does it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Songbird222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this almost nightly on blemishes. It works well to dry up pimples quickly, and greatly reduces the time it takes to get rid of cystic acne blemishes. I like to use sulfur products as opposed to benzyl peroxide at night to avoid bleached out pillow cases. Keep in mind that sulfur is not a pleasant odor, but that's the trade off for this fast working spot treatment.
The only thing I don't like is that once the surface liquid dries up and the product gets down to the bottom, it becomes difficult to reach with a cotton swab. If you add a little rubbing alcohol, you can extend the use of the product. Seems like simply a shorter bottle would alleviate this issue. If you can find the long wooden swabs like they have in medical facilities, I would think they would be perfect to use with this product.
I will still continue to buy and use this product. It lasts a long time, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by feistydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this product out of recommendation from a salesgirl at Sephora. At first I liked using this product. It helped sped up my acne recovery. I don't like the smell and so does my boyfriend. It was a hassle to use because it left a pink goo on your face which can't be covered with make up. It's also flaky and made my pillowcase and bed sheets stained with pink flakes and sulfur smell.

I noticed after few weeks of using, I started to develop cystic acne around my whole face. During that time, I was also using Philosophy Purity and this product. So I stopped using both product and after that, my acne is reduced to just normal ones. However I am still left with acne scars.

Will never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by brittclow69

I get a lot of hormonal acne on my chin.. The under the skin pimples that never want to fully pop up.. I was using proactive mask for the longest time which contains 6% sulfur.. I heard of this and read the reviews.. I know sulfur helps my pimples more then anything but the proactive wasn't cutting it anymore.. I tried this last night and a pimple Ive been trying to get rid of for weeks was gone by the morning.. If the product works like this all the time I found my new HG Spot treatment.. Price doesn't bother me at all! So far so good!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

I just bought this product last week because I have been having horrible breakouts all over my face, and within the first use, I could already tell a huge difference in my skin! Not only could I tell, but my mom and my boyfriend also commented on how much clearer my skin looked! I am so impressed! Like several other reviewers have said, I too have used Murad's Anti Aging Acne Spot Treatment and found that it does get rid of acne after a couple uses, but it is far too drying for my skin. I even used it with several different moisturizers (not at the same time lol!) but I still found that my skin was very flaky and it just didn't work for me. And often times the acne wouldn't actually go away, it would just get dry and flaky on top and then flake off, and the pimple would still be there. So I am very glad to have found a product that works for me and my sensitive skin! Also, I am perfectly fine with paying the $22 dollars for it, because it's not often I find a product I really like and that works! Plus, the 30 mL or 1 ounce bottle will last until the expiration date on the bottom, which for me, is 09/2015! Honestly, this bottle could last me half my life! Lol! Others are saying that the smell is bothering them, but it really doesn't bother me at all, and I am extremely sensitive to scents! I guess that's just a preference thing though. My only complaint is that the bottle doesn't have a built in brush of some sort. But I know that would be unsanitary, so it's best not to have one. Maybe if the bottle was just a tad bit shorter or something, it would make it a lot easier to dip a Qtip down to the bottom!