Clairol Nice 'n Easy in 118A Natural Medium Brown

4.3

on 4/2/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My hair was a (dyed) soft black...tooooo dark!!
I tried using a home highlighting kit, whoa! Ok so my hair was pretty orange for 2 days!
I went out in search of a fix!! Ive used Clairol Nice N Easy before and have LOVED it!
So, once again, I went to the Nice N Easy section!
I selected 118, Medium Natural Brown. Once again, not disappointed!
I will never use a different brand of hair colour!
It turned out exactly on the box! The conditioner it comes with is fantastic also!
So happy my hair is fixed! Thank you!!

I sit here with the colour in my hair nervously reading the reviews for Nice n Easy. I just had a terrible experience with Medium Golden Brown (should be called Medium brassy-reddish hot roots Brown). Well, I went to the salon and got a fix and paid $100 (insert sad face)...and I LOVED the salon colour, but a month later it has faded back to reddish-brown and I needed something a bit more rich and dark to get me back to my natural colour of medium-dark brown with golden highlights. I have used Natural Medium Brown before and even gave it a rave review here on MUA so in trusting my own reference, went out and got Natural Medium Brown with my free coupon.

The result? I left it on for 23-24 mins, it smells terrible, it tingles, its MESSY and drippy.....but.....I cannot deny it is a beautiful colour. It is exactly the colour on the box, exactly what I wanted it to do over my hair that has originally been highlights covered with box colour, covered with salon colour, covered with THIS colour which toned down the red tones and gave me beautiful medium brown colour with gold. I really cannot do anything but praise this stuff for saving me the trip and $100. Also.....thank you MUA for having my review end up helping me 4 years later!!!

on 8/2/2011 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
1. It didn't turn my hair black like most medium browns.
2. Even though I do color my hair often and have some color buildup on the ends, this color still managed to provide satisfactory even distribution from root to end.
3. It didn't leave my hair dry and crispy after conditioning.
4. It didn't cause breakage like Revlon Colorsilk (AKA: nightmare in a box),
5. Color stays longer then Garnier, L'oreal and Revlon.
6. No color streaking! Spotty streaky color jobs are a pain.
Cons:
1. The only con I found is that I didn't get the color on the box. Naturally, my hair pulled red once again. I got aurburn highlights throughout, concentrated on my top layers. The undertone is a dark warm brown. It's pretty but wasn't the color I was looking for. I wanted a NEUTRAL medium brown. Oh well.

I have medium brown winter hair to light brown summer hair. It tends to have a reddish cast in the sun. I am about 85% grey (at 33) and I find it hard to match my roots to my color without turning gold or reddish or just plain noticeably unmatched and with color buildup on the hair by the roots. Well this color is the closest I have ever come to getting even NEUTRAL results without being too cool. It is about a 95% match which is good for me for a home color match. I am also not very good at this so I will definitely be sticking to this color. It should be around for a long time as clairol just redid their boxes. The conditioner is AMAZING and is sold seperately in the hair color aisle.

on 1/12/2010 1:38:00 AM

I use light brown and it IS light brown, not dark brown which I find with so many products. My hair looks great and it last. BUT what I really love is the conditioner, please Clairol put it in a big, big bottle and sell separate from the hair colour. It is simply the best conditioner I have ever used.

on 10/17/2009 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color is described as "natural medium neutral brown"

I Love it!!! I usually use 117D wich I like ,but recently I decided to try this and I luv the results I got. Medium brown with beautiful auburn highlights!!!!!! I think I will stick with this color for a while.