November 26, 2014 | 977 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy in 118A Natural Medium Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Teamfennell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair was a (dyed) soft black...tooooo dark!!
I tried using a home highlighting kit, whoa! Ok so my hair was pretty orange for 2 days!
I went out in search of a fix!! Ive used Clairol Nice N Easy before and have LOVED it!
So, once again, I went to the Nice N Easy section!
I selected 118, Medium Natural Brown. Once again, not disappointed!
I will never use a different brand of hair colour!
It turned out exactly on the box! The conditioner it comes with is fantastic also!
So happy my hair is fixed! Thank you!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by twisted_prncess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I sit here with the colour in my hair nervously reading the reviews for Nice n Easy. I just had a terrible experience with Medium Golden Brown (should be called Medium brassy-reddish hot roots Brown). Well, I went to the salon and got a fix and paid $100 (insert sad face)...and I LOVED the salon colour, but a month later it has faded back to reddish-brown and I needed something a bit more rich and dark to get me back to my natural colour of medium-dark brown with golden highlights. I have used Natural Medium Brown before and even gave it a rave review here on MUA so in trusting my own reference, went out and got Natural Medium Brown with my free coupon.

The result? I left it on for 23-24 mins, it smells terrible, it tingles, its MESSY and drippy.....but.....I cannot deny it is a beautiful colour. It is exactly the colour on the box, exactly what I wanted it to do over my hair that has originally been highlights covered with box colour, covered with salon colour, covered with THIS colour which toned down the red tones and gave me beautiful medium brown colour with gold. I really cannot do anything but praise this stuff for saving me the trip and $100. Also.....thank you MUA for having my review end up helping me 4 years later!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Pros:
1. It didn't turn my hair black like most medium browns.
2. Even though I do color my hair often and have some color buildup on the ends, this color still managed to provide satisfactory even distribution from root to end.
3. It didn't leave my hair dry and crispy after conditioning.
4. It didn't cause breakage like Revlon Colorsilk (AKA: nightmare in a box),
5. Color stays longer then Garnier, L'oreal and Revlon.
6. No color streaking! Spotty streaky color jobs are a pain.
Cons:
1. The only con I found is that I didn't get the color on the box. Naturally, my hair pulled red once again. I got aurburn highlights throughout, concentrated on my top layers. The undertone is a dark warm brown. It's pretty but wasn't the color I was looking for. I wanted a NEUTRAL medium brown. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sapphirestarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have medium brown winter hair to light brown summer hair. It tends to have a reddish cast in the sun. I am about 85% grey (at 33) and I find it hard to match my roots to my color without turning gold or reddish or just plain noticeably unmatched and with color buildup on the hair by the roots. Well this color is the closest I have ever come to getting even NEUTRAL results without being too cool. It is about a 95% match which is good for me for a home color match. I am also not very good at this so I will definitely be sticking to this color. It should be around for a long time as clairol just redid their boxes. The conditioner is AMAZING and is sold seperately in the hair color aisle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by DeeDee1957

I use light brown and it IS light brown, not dark brown which I find with so many products. My hair looks great and it last. BUT what I really love is the conditioner, please Clairol put it in a big, big bottle and sell separate from the hair colour. It is simply the best conditioner I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

This color is described as "natural medium neutral brown"

I Love it!!! I usually use 117D wich I like ,but recently I decided to try this and I luv the results I got. Medium brown with beautiful auburn highlights!!!!!! I think I will stick with this color for a while.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No