July 24, 2014 | 2199 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - In The Shadows eye shadow trio in Dream Boat

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is from the new (Oct 09) Hard Candy line exclusive to Wal-Mart. This is a lovely trio of shadows for a great price ($6), and it comes with your basic double ended sponge eyeshadow applicator and a bonus mini black kohl eyeliner pencil. The colors are a deep plummy purple with lavender blue iridescent shimmer, a pinky taupe with a soft gold shimmer, and an ultra-pale shimmery pink that's almost white. The shadows are soft textured, and apply smoothly for the most part (the purple was a wee bit tricky). I had no creasing problems, but then again I always use Urban Decay Primer Potion otherwise everything creases on me. I'll probably use the taupe-y shade most.. it's a great neutral on me.. that shade alone is worth the price of the trio for me. The only thing that disappointed me here is that the purple looks quite deep in the pan, but goes on fairly soft and light... then again, honestly, for $6 I wasn't expecting really rich pigments. The packaging is great, glossy plastic covered board with a magnetic closure, and the mini pencil attaches to the side with a little loop of elastic. The eyeliner is pretty basic btw, nothing special.. soft and black and sample-sized. If the rest of their new line is this good, I'll definitely be back for more. Too bad I have to go to Wal-Mart to get it.