November 29, 2014 | 1710 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Ulta - Professional Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My primer is actually in a black squeeze tube and it's called Ulta Flawless Primer. It's wonderful. Texture is silky... green gel hides all of redness (cheeks) and hyper pigmentation from acne scars (cheeks also) well when I apply my foundation. I use less foundation after I purchased this actually, and I really love that the most. Keeps oil at bay, not harsh and no funky smells. Keeps pores less visible (NO primer will make them disappear, not even Porefessional from benefit, I don't care what anyone says) Will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this. HG primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at Ulta, so the price was just $6. For that price, I will buy this primer again. If I need a primer and this isn't on sale, I might go with something else.

This works like the primer from Avon. It's not runny, and I think that's what makes it work. It feels silky smooth, and it fills in my pores very well. It doesn't make the totally disappear for me, but I bet other people wouldn't even notice them.

My full-coverage foundation stayed on from 2 to 7 with no problems. I'm normally really oily in about ten minutes (or less). This ended up looking dewy, but not oily at all...even up to the last minute.

I gave this five lippies because it works, but I wonder if cheaper drugstore products work as well.??

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by bekstars78

This is my first primer I have ever used, and I have to say it was impressive to me the first time I applied it to my face. I actually applied it after washing my face in the shower, which I would normally follow up by moisturizing with lotion (I have really dry skin without moisturizer and am very prone to eczema). But using the primer after the shower made my skin so soft, and it felt hydrated without the oily, heavy feeling, some lotions I use have. So a huge thumbs up from me. I especially love the price since I am a broke college kid.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Donovan

While I haven't tried too many face primers to compare the Ulta brand to, I must say I do like it. It goes on silky smooth to where I don't notice it on my skin. I do know that my foundations stay on longer with this, and evens out my skin moderately. I will probably try other brands of primers, but I am certainly not opposed to repurchasing this, unless I find something I like better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by 90046

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mixed feeling about this one!
I really like the product (UV Prime)
I have kida reddish skin, but the green one is too green for this fair gal!

I used about 1/4 of the bottle (pump) no problem and like the way the product smooths my skin before applying my foundation (Prescriptives Photochrome or Virtual Skin in Vellum). It dries quickly and leaves my skin silky smooth. :)

BUT, I think there are packaging problems?
Did Ulta discontinue this due to packaging?
My pump suddenty stopped working, the remaning 75% of product is in the container. :(
I noticed that Ulta doesn't have this on their site anymore.
Last time I was in the store it was "out of stock" - wondering if they pulled all the product?

Anyone know?

I would re-buy if they corrected the pump/packaging issue.
It's def a good value for the product, esp if you can get it on sale (less than $20)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Received this in a MUA Swap. Amazing stuff! It dries matte which I love! (Not a fan of the "dewy" look) I love the feel of this primer. Somehow it lets me know that I am putting just the right amount. This has replaced my HG primer. :) I Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by karia63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Being a minimalist in the make-up department, having a primer which neutralized redness on my nose, cheeks and chin seemed to be ideal. The price and design of the dispenser are the winning elements of this product. The green primer did reduce redness but it feels greasy on my skin which is a turn-off in the south's summer humidity. Still looking for my ideal corrector/primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautyVicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

**HYDRO PRIME**

I purchased this mainly because of the price ($22.00). I had tried one of the available tubes in the store which was their 'Matte' version & the consistency was nice on my hand so I thought I'd give this a try. I picked up the 'Hydro Prime' version since the matte one wouldn't go well with my dry areas & they didn't have a tester available so I was unable to try it before I bought it.

I didn't like it. It just seemed to soak into my skin rather than coat the surface like primers are supposed to. The packaging was nice, you have to twist the body for the pump to pop out the top. I thought that was neat.

I would not recommend Ulta's 'Hydro Prime' to my friends. I wish I didn't have dry spots so I could use the Ulta Professional 'Matte'! I hope you found this review to be helpful in your search for a foundation primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by angelcake910

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a discoloration between my face (pale-pink) and rest of my body (little bit darker and yellow-tented then my face). I thought to give green primer a shot after some research to correct my skin-tone, since all yellow-tone foundations I tried did helped a little but I can still see the difference between pink face and yellow neck :(((

SmashBox's green primer seemed too expensive, so I thought that I give this one a try first . . and WOW. Its the best $20 I spend in a long time!!!!!

Not only it corrects my skin-tone, which was the reason why I bought this product, it completely solved my problem of my makeup getting ruined by my oily skin! Until I start using this my foundation be look flawless no more then 1-2 hours, and after that I always have to pat my face with tissue and re-touch with my pressed-powder every couple hours, but it only does so much . . . but using this primer, my god!!! I felt like I can finally wear my foundation like normal person and not worry about my make up falling apart.

I cant stress this enough. This is the best $20 I spent in a long time!!!! If you have pink/red skin-tone, and oily skin ruining your make up everyday . . . this primer should do wonders for you!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by blueroses99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great primer. Goes on smoothly, isn't oily or greasy feeling. I bought the "flawless" version for correcting redness. In that respect it fails. I still have to whip out my concealer pallete...however I will be buying until I find something better. Also, I have had no issues with the tube. I really love the twist up pump!