December 20, 2014 | 1607 users online

Loose Powders - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Waterproof Setting Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by damnemperess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have only used a sample of this product but thought it was important to mention the waterproofness of this product is due to one ingredient Magnesium Myristrate you can easily buy this or a product with this already in it for much cheaper elsewhere. I love muac but this is not worth the 22 price tag when I can buy 2 oz for 6 bucks from tkb trading.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by standupnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff really helped me cover my breakouts when they were at their worst. Seriously how does one conceal cystic acne when the makeup just melts or rubs off..? ! Put concealer this powder then concealer again. It's a quick fix bc one cyst can take a long time to go away. Using it all over your face seems like a bad call, but for a couple spots makes an overall big difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticated

My big shovel is out because I totally dig this stuff. I suffer from sweaty face and this powder definitely helps keep the shine at bay! Only product of its kind on the market as far as I know. Keeps my face shine free for many hours. Nice texture and translucent color that works just fine on my NC35 skin tone. I love it, it's rad.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Works great I did not realize I was paying for over priced talcum powder.Talc is also very unhealthy and causes cancer.Cornstarch is the better alternitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by bellichic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I saw a review of this product on MUA and decided to purchase a sample from the MUAC website....and I am so glad I did! I have very oily skin and in the summer it's twice as bad. The weather in Ohio this year has been particularly hot....and terribly humid. We have a lot of outisde family gatherings over the summer, and I was getting tired of looking like a big greaseball an hour in to the event, and having my makeup slide off my face by the time it was over....I was almost to the point of not bothering to wear makeup (EEEK!!)...because what was the point? Until now!

We took our kids to a little amusement park yesterday and it was over 90 degress, sun blazing and the humidity was AWFUL....the kind of weather where when you get out of your air conditioned car, it hits you like a wall and takes your breath away...you get the point.

So back to the review....10 minutes in to being outside I start to sweat (my upper lip, esp...what's up with that?) and I'm thinking...ok, here we go, but I decided not to check my makeup until we got back to the car. Well, we were there for over 2 hours, we were disgusting, sticky, sweating messes.....got back in to the car, pulled down the visor to check my mess of a face and........SURPRISE!!! My makeup looked (almost) as good as when we left the house. I was in awe! No separation on my nose (this usually happens with powders), no sliding, streaking, nothing....after I blotted the sweat away with a tissue, I actually looked dewy and glowing! I don't know how it works, and I don't even care.....this stuff is going to be a godsend for me, summer and winter.

The downside is that it only comes in one color, which is quite light. This isn't a problem for me as I am quite fair, but I do wish it were available in a variety of colors so eveyrone could share in my joy!

Easily washed off and no breakouts as of yet. I think the price point is fab for what it does! You can always order a sample for a buck and try it out for yourself!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by chickencereal

I tend to perspire a lot on my forehead, so in hot weather, I rarely bother with makeup because it wears off unevenly. But this powder is fantastic for setting foundation! For a translucent, this blends into my skin really well and leaves a smooth finish - not dried out or cakey. And it LASTS. I ordered a sample for a buck to see how I'd like it, but this powder is now a permanent fixture in my makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by twinclan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG powder. I had fallen in love with Makeup Forever HD powder to set my makeup and make me look flawless without accentuating my pores.

I now LOVE this waterproof setting powder. Did does all that Makeup forever powder did and more. It helps to keep my makeup from sliding off or sweating off. I tend to perspire a lot, especially since going through chemo and menopause. This truly just lets the sweat bead up over your makeup rather than letting the makeup just melt off. I highly recommend it and don't write reviews often. Only for the products that have really made a difference.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mona377

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing powder. I have the extremly oily skin and all makeup melts and shines on my in about 30 minutes. I use glycolic acid as well regular exfoliation, maks etc. I am still very oily even Retin A did not dry my skin out. I tried this powder and for the first time my make up lated for hours. This is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a cool powder!!!! I ordered a sample of this, as I was intrigued by the claim of setting your makeup and being waterproof. From the website:

"A very fine, waxed-based powder which leaves the skin with a satin finish that is unaffected by perspiration and water. The only true waterproof powder available in the market. Each powder has a slight pigment undertone, so it complements the skin, yet goes on translucently."

I am NC42 (quite dark), and this powder looks great on me. It only comes in one color, and I was skeptical that it wouldn't look chalky or light on me. Tonight I applied my Jane Iredale foundation in Teakwood all over my face, and applied this on half of my face. I went to the bathroom that has the BRIGHT lighting that shows every single little thing and was surprised to see that I couldn't see the difference between the side I had applied the powder and the side I didn't. Then I splashed water all over my face and took a cotton ball and swiped. The side with just foundation had a little color come off on the cottonball, the cottonball with the Waterproof Setting Powder stayed white! I let my face dry, and looked in mirror again and my makeup looked wonderful. Then I put some eyeshadow on, dusted some powder over it, and did the water/swiping again and the eyeshadow stayed on!

Anyway...I work outside with horses for a living and I am excited about wearing this tomorrow and seeing how this affects how my makeup lasts!

You can find this under Corrective Makeup on their website.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No