October 24, 2014 | 1376 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Waikiki Strip/Peachy Glow Bronzer

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is very similar to the new formula called Warm Nude that Physician Formula came out with a few months ago. Like everyone said this is a multi-use product that you can use as a blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, highlighter. The Waikiki strip has a peachy tone just like warm nude that came out this year 2014. You can see a comparison video that I made on both of these formulas and swatches on my youtube channel.

I brought this years ago as it was supposed to be a dupe for Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. It has a similar appearance but I never tried the BB shimmer bricks so I cant tell you if it's a dupe or not.

The problem with waikiki strip is that the formula is very hard and it takes many brush strokes before I can pick up the product. But the results are nice. It is shimmery but not glittery and I use it as a blush, bronzer, and highlighter. I do prefer warm nude because of how soft and easy it is for my brush to pick up the product. Here's my video review.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by BelleRosse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To me, Physicians formula's products never worked out. They throw sales frequently and i get atleast 1 everytime and none of them worked for me. Be it there airbrush pressed powder(hated it, my husband asked me whats went wrong with my face), their concealers, shimmer strips eye liners, matte eyeshadows. But not this one.
As usual, im just browsing the makeup aisles of target, and this baby had a BOGO free sticker on it, so i cant resisit. The colors looked soooo good. So, i have to get it. Im not on trend with highlighter thing, because, the last time, ive tried highlighting, it made my pores look like a gravel road. As they mentioned on the product as a 'highligher,eyeshadow, bronzer' thought i could atleast try it as eyeshadow.
Yesterday, i tried highlighting my face, eyeshadowed and it worked great. My husband asked why i was soo glowing. This works great as highlighter, doesnt make ur pores larger, just makes its look glowy, as though its coming from deep inside. Eyeshadow : good as well..(nothing special than NYX eyeyshadows) Bronzer: i dont think anybody would be wearning this as contour, but allover the face to warm up a liitle bit? may be u have to do it after dark else it would be too sparly.
So i like it..
And not to mention i even use this on the lower lash line..and it pretty mush last atleast 5-6 hrs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by JordyNicky

Love love love this product!! Beautiful combination looks amazing on and really makes my skin glow, love the shimmer!!! Its great to use as bronzer / blush / highlighter but i really dont like it as eyeshadow as it creases after a few hours. This compact will last me forever as its quite large and you don't need to use too much to get a great effect !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess it was time for me to write a "kinda" bad review, sorry it had to be this. This absolutely sucks as a bronzer to me, wayyy too much glitter. You look like a disco ball in the sunlight so PLEASE take caution...you will get looks and not for good reasons. Although its kinda pretty as eyeshadows. Perfect for a toned way down makeup look or I'm even sure you could build it up into something more dramatic. So eyeshadow=yay, bronzer=nay. Don't waste your money on this, PF costs more than regular drugstore brands...you'll be mad.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by thespeedytomato

Physician's formula is rather expensive for a drugstore brand, but I've found success with their products in the past, so I gave this one a go. It's not a great bronzer. Using it as over large areas of the face makes everything glittery and cheap-looking. I think the majority of the problem stems from having more shimmer than pigment. I occasionally end up using the lighter shades as highlighter over the tops of my cheekbones, mostly for evening makeup (again, I find it too shimmery to wear all the time.)

It makes a nice eyeshadow pallet, which is what I use for more than anything else. The shimmer draws attention to the eyes, which is nice. Still, for a high-shimmer, neutral eye pallet, it's pricey and sometimes tricky to use. Other brands have better options that look more sophisticated and pretty. Basically, this product is just a tad too expensive for a cheap shimmery drugstore eye pallet.

The packaging is sturdy, which I like, but a pain the butt to open, which I don't like so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shimmer strips are great when used as a highlighter or eyeshadow. I find it too be too shimmery when used as a bronzer and it can draw attention to skin imperfections. However, when I am in a rush I like to use any of the bottom 4 colors as eyeshadows and they look good with brown eyes. Also, the main reason I use this is because I use the top 3 colors as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones. Its shimmery enough to work great for that purpose but not over the top. These strips are expensive for a drugstore item but I think the quality makes it worth it and it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by DomiEmi

I really like this product! It is cheap and it looks great. Seriously lasts the whole day. I have 3 diff colors of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by twistupgal

I really like this one! The five strips are each very pretty and double nicely for eyeshadows when there's limited space in makeup bags. My favorite way to use this is using a five colors and sweeping it on the tops of my cheekbones. Instantly summery, instantly pretty! I don't find it too over the top shimmery--and it is shimmery, NOT glittery. I'm pale (NW15ish) and this still works for me and isn't too dark :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these so much! The colors they bring are so pretty and so versatile. You can use these as a bronzer, highlighter, eyeshadow, lip gloss, etc. These are definitely comparable to Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks and a fraction of the price. They are pricey for a drugstore brand but I think it is worth it since you can use it in so many ways. These are a MUST HAVE for anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by irenemishelle

This product makes awesomeeeeee eye shadows!