July 26, 2014 | 1012 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Christian Dior - L'Or De Vie Eye and Lip Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was running low on my previous DDF eye serum, which I love, when my friend and I were approached to get some free facials/makeovers at a Dior event while shopping.

I balked at the price of this cream (~$200) which comes in its "nice packaging." Honestly I felt like I paid more for the heavy-ass jar this thing comes in then for the product itself. Personally I would rather it come in a smaller package that's easier to travel with.

I personally don't have many wrinkles around my eyes, just some slight laugh lines. I use the eye treatments more to prevent wrinkles and moisturize the eye areas as it gets dry. This product does almost nothing for my eye area at all. It doesn't leave it soft after application (like my DDF bio serum), and the product actually cakes and rubs off when I start putting my general facial moisturizer around it, no matter how thinly I apply it. Obviously it doesn't absorb well even though it feels like it did. It doesn't feel like it's tightening up the area either. It basically feels like I put nothing on the area at all.

Overall, I got suckered because the Dior lady kept saying how great of a product this is. Maybe it only works to repair wrinkles and fine lines, but it isn't worth the price for prevention...which I kept trying to point out to her. She kept saying it would do it all.

Beware of this product. If it were more affordable that would be one thing. I would just go back to my DDF and throw this out if it weren't so dang expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample tube of this eye cream and was looking forward to trying what looked like a very luxurious product. I've now used it once nightly for at least a month.

At first, I loved it. I like the way it feels on the skin when I apply it, and I do think it helped smooth out some of the fine lines around my eyes, although the results were not dramatic by any means.

However, in the last couple of weeks, I've had a problem with puffiness, redness, and irritation on my eyelids, and I think this cream may be part of the problem. I stopped using it for a couple of days and the puffiness went away. (Please note: I am not applying it directly on my eyelids.)

The irritation may be just a coincidence; however, to me, it's not worth any further experimentation. The good results I saw in the beginning were not that dramatic anyway-- just some nice hydration and a slight improvement in smoothness. I've used cheaper creams that gave the same result.

So, I won't be purchasing the full size. Too bad, because I had high hopes for this cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I was snookered. I got it into my head that I have been developing fine lines around my eyes (which are probably exaggerated due to my magnifying mirror). With this in mind, I was fodder for a good SA.

I was told that this cream which is from the L'OR vie line, would revitalize and restore the elasticity which I thought was going too quickly.

After shelling out $ 130+ , And, I did not get the fancy jar they selI for it! I have been using it for a week. Another product with no ceegar.

Don't get me wrong -- it is not bad.. but it is not great. I use it as a base for my BB Hydrating eye cream and maybe it is working -- I should do an either or test, but I like the results so far.

Do I think it's worth the $$ -- No. Would I re-purchase this? No.

That answers it all for me, the perennial backer upper.