August 22, 2014 | 1623 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence of Beauty - Travel Eye Kit

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by the positive reviews for this set. I got these for my little sister who was just starting out in makeup. One day I forgot to bring over my traincase/brushes and I had to use her brushes. The moment I used it I felt so bad/embarrassed for buying this as a gift for her. It was a pain to use and it was no wonder she couldn't duplicate the looks I was showing her! I found ALL of the brushes to be rough and scratchy. They don't perform well and certainly don't feel high quality. They also don't hold their shape well at all. I'd also like to note that I am *not* a brand snob, as I have brushes that range from MAC, NARS, and Sephora to ELF, Studio Tools, Sonia Kashuk, ect. but these were just horrible. I don't think it's a bad batch either. I overall don't recommend Essence of Beauty and would point you over to EcoTools or something. EcoTools is much, much softer and the price range is about the same. Honestly, when I tried this I immediately thought "well, you get what you pay for I guess!". Of course that's not the case for every 'cheap' item but this just wasn't worth the 10 bucks or so I spent on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good makeup kit for people who are just starting to get into using various types of makeup brushes but don't want to spend the money on brushes at Sephora or MAC. I like all of the brushes except for the eyeliner one (I use the angled brow brush for eyeliner), and the pointy one (similar to a pencil brush but kind of too fat). I use the thin concealer brush for spots or for shaping the lips, and the angled brush is great for highlighting the brow bone. I don't bother trying to wedge the brushes back into their places anymore because it distorts some of the bristles. Not the best quality brushes but it's worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Ahlexandria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed the product & packaging. For the most part the bristles are soft, but they do shed & poke a bit. I recommend it because its nice to fit anywhere. Cleaning wasn't too bad using them although I can probably use a better cleaning method.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by lily7997

The black hairs on the smoky eye brush scratch and poke. The shape is terrible, and as i try to put this brush back into the bag the hairs stick out and are damaged even more.
Another annoying brush is called touch up and conceal. Its' cream colored hairs are thin and are extremely scratchy. my lids couldn't handle this one at all.

the rest seem to be fairing well. they are soft enough and do not poke as much as the ones i mentioned above. the packaging is cute and small. Great for travel and saving space, But the hairs do get caught.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

I went looking for a this specifically. In the summer I sometimes want to use a smaller purse, and I really did not have any travel brushes. This is perfect, they are small enough to fit in my makeup pouch in my large purse, and small enough to fit in my smaller purse. I like the quality and the quantity for the price. I do not like the loops to put the brushes back in because I end up having the hairs go every which way when trying to fit them back in. But, that is okay, I just to not use the loops. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This kit is awesome! I love everything about this kit, the tiny case is perfect and small enough to toss into my makeup bag, it's compact, the brushes are high quality and made of natural hair which is perfect for eyeshadow application because natural hairs pick up pigment a lot better than synthetic. The large angled brush and rounded tip crease brush is worth paying the full amount for alone. It's the perfect little brush, I've been looking for a crease brush that is exactly like this, rounded, dense and comes to a point. Surprisingly it's not easy to find a brush like this and the ones I've found are either only available online or it's too expensive. The only thing I wish is that they included a round narrow tip fluffy brush for blending or shading because one of the brushes seems a bit unnecessary.
The white brush with the wide super flat bristles (another eyeliner brush?) and the other end is a small flat dense brush. It's nice to have options but I wish they did a little variety and included something else that didn't look so similar to the other eyeliner/pointy brush. If they included a blending brush this would be the only eye kit I would need and nothing else. But nonetheless, still an awesome deal for $9.99 at CVS. I would definitely buy this again without hesitation if I lost it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by MONiQUA12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE Essence of Beauty Brushes. They are absolutely the best brushes for your money! I bought this kit today and love it. I also have the "Smokey- Wide" duo and "Crease Brushes". These brushes are dirt cheap and such good quality. Can be found in CVS, you will not regret this buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by reddish79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this set yesterday along with the yellow foundation and concealer set, which is fabulous. I am so glad that i did not shell out the $$ for a MAC 190. I opened that packaging and about 3 of the brush heads fell off :( I am hoping that I got a dud I am going to exchange it and try it again. hopefully I will get a better one. Other than the heads falling off, the brushes feelreally nice and sturdy.
I will update once I have tried them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This is a great set. I use this often...the quality is just up there. I think I even got it on sale so I had to snatch it up. My faves that I use most often are 8, 4, and 6 (see above pic). The eyeliner brush is the best for gel liners or shadow-liners since you don't have to drag anything across...I pat in the liner along my lashline and voila! perfectly applied liner with no akward, scraggly lines. 8 for shadow is great too..It's not too soft that it won't pick up shadow, and it's the right shape for blending it in. I also enjoy 4 for the crease- great shape for distributing shadow just to that area. Honestly I don't use the others as much but the're all good quality, and was stoked it came with all of them for the price! They're great. The only thing is, the shadow brush tends to shed when I use it, and I don't use the whole kit. But it was so cheap I can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are awesome brushes - you basically get 8 brushes in this pack, 4 "sticks" with a brush on each end. The entire brush is only maybe 5 inches long. I don't have a lot of space to store my makeup so this is great! It comes in a cute little case too, which is perfect for traveling. The brushes are super soft and there is no shedding.