MAC Lustre Lipstick in Spice It Up

4.4

on 3/25/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love it! This was my very first MAC lipstick. The only lipstick I've ever used up, I am on my second tube. For reference I am NC45, with dark lips. It is a very flattering red, with brown/wine undertones. I never wear a lipliner with this and it does not emphasizes, dry, chipped lips. Simply put, it is a very nice everyday red, easy to wear, flattering lippie.

on 2/8/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have a friend who bought this and said she'd trade it out for diva. The colors are sort of similar just a different in brightness. Also being that diva is a matte she liked the dry look better.

on 1/17/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Unfortunately this product really disappointed me. I had hoped for a sheer warm berry red, but on my lips this is a rather garish fuchsia shade that looks terrible with my coloring. Such a shame as swatched on my hand it seemed promising and the texture is great- sheer and natural. If reds have a tendency to go pink on you, I would avoid this.

on 10/29/2013 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've worn this shade for years, but after when I ran out and just didn't get around to rebuying it, I'm wondering if they've changed the shade or if I'm mistaken. It used to be a lovely dark brownish-red, but now its much lighter. I really should take it in and compare to a sample in the store.

on 5/10/2013 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a huge fan of the MAC lustre finishes because I don't think they have great staying power but I love this color and have learned to blend it in really well, blot it and repeat until I have a great stain on my lips. For this reason I love this lipstick, it gives my lips a great punch without being over the top red.

on 6/18/2012 1:38:00 AM

This and Hot Tahiti are my HG everyday lipsticks. Gorgeous, gorgeous, wearable colour.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great starter red. Its a lustre finish so its not in your face, opaque red. works great as a lip stain or under a lip gloss.

on 1/23/2012 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Very nice sheer brownish-berry-red. I like it a lot, but I already have MAC Hot Tahiti, which is similar but more natural-looking on me. I purchased this because it was recommended for redheads as a safe red. Like I said, I do like it and it is flattering. I just love Hot Tahiti more.

on 10/14/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a safe red. I can put this on and not worry about looking too done up or like a clown (not that red l/s equals clownish but I'm uncomfortable w/ it). The color is quite unique actually. The color is a deep berry but has a hint of brown to it. I assumed spice it up would be very warm on me fearing a brown orange red. But, it looks nice because the berry takes the edge of the warm brown making this red easy to wear. I enjoy this and it is a nice change from my typical pinks and nudes.

on 9/2/2011 7:34:00 PM

So this is the kind of lipstick I always go for, but it's my HG red. It looks very dark in the tube but I dab a little on with some lipgloss and it sheers out. Also very nice as a stain. I've tried this on many of my friends, and it looks good on almost all ethnicities and skin tones.

Popular Lipsticks