MAC Lustre Lipstick in Spice It Up

4.3

on 2/8/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have a friend who bought this and said she'd trade it out for diva. The colors are sort of similar just a different in brightness. Also being that diva is a matte she liked the dry look better.

on 1/17/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Unfortunately this product really disappointed me. I had hoped for a sheer warm berry red, but on my lips this is a rather garish fuchsia shade that looks terrible with my coloring. Such a shame as swatched on my hand it seemed promising and the texture is great- sheer and natural. If reds have a tendency to go pink on you, I would avoid this.

on 10/29/2013 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've worn this shade for years, but after when I ran out and just didn't get around to rebuying it, I'm wondering if they've changed the shade or if I'm mistaken. It used to be a lovely dark brownish-red, but now its much lighter. I really should take it in and compare to a sample in the store.

on 5/10/2013 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a huge fan of the MAC lustre finishes because I don't think they have great staying power but I love this color and have learned to blend it in really well, blot it and repeat until I have a great stain on my lips. For this reason I love this lipstick, it gives my lips a great punch without being over the top red.

on 6/18/2012 1:38:00 AM

This and Hot Tahiti are my HG everyday lipsticks. Gorgeous, gorgeous, wearable colour.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great starter red. Its a lustre finish so its not in your face, opaque red. works great as a lip stain or under a lip gloss.

on 1/23/2012 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Very nice sheer brownish-berry-red. I like it a lot, but I already have MAC Hot Tahiti, which is similar but more natural-looking on me. I purchased this because it was recommended for redheads as a safe red. Like I said, I do like it and it is flattering. I just love Hot Tahiti more.

on 10/14/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a safe red. I can put this on and not worry about looking too done up or like a clown (not that red l/s equals clownish but I'm uncomfortable w/ it). The color is quite unique actually. The color is a deep berry but has a hint of brown to it. I assumed spice it up would be very warm on me fearing a brown orange red. But, it looks nice because the berry takes the edge of the warm brown making this red easy to wear. I enjoy this and it is a nice change from my typical pinks and nudes.

on 9/2/2011 7:34:00 PM

So this is the kind of lipstick I always go for, but it's my HG red. It looks very dark in the tube but I dab a little on with some lipgloss and it sheers out. Also very nice as a stain. I've tried this on many of my friends, and it looks good on almost all ethnicities and skin tones.

on 1/17/2011 4:44:00 PM

I've been safe and addicted to the neutral lip for so many years I can't count, and so many advice givers say there's nothing that will make you look older faster than red lipstick, etc., not to mention that true "color" lipstick is just high maintenance. But I'm tired of beige lips and wanted to get a red that's not really red. I'm 40 and have fair skin, dark golden brown hair and golden brown eyes; an "Autumn." Spice It Up is the perfect red for me. It's just stunning. The lustre finish keeps it from being drying, and though it is still more high maintenance than gloss or a neutral, it's not impossible to maintain. The one caveat for this shade or any darker shade with a lot of pigment is that you really have to exfoliate your lips because any dry skin really shows. I wouldn't say this is a berry color though. I think of berry as cool. This is a very brickish red, brown-red color, and very warm. It's definitely a lipstick look, more "lady" than girl, and sophisticated. I love it.

Popular Lipsticks