October 31, 2014 | 1415 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Colorist Collection Walnut Shampoo

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have only used this once thus far...but will update with my results in about a week...

The description says it is for warm light to dark brown hair with yellow undertones. I'd described my hair as 'warm dark golden brown with a touch of red undertones'. But the mahogany would be far too red I thought so I ordered this one. I recieved it and immediatley opened the cap... it's a dark, red-bronze-brown with little gold, red and bronze flecks, perfect!!!

Now to washing...I followed the directions and pre-shampooed my hair then applied this, holy moly does it ever have heavy pigment!! Really fantastic stuff! I left it on for 5 minutes or so then rinsed and conditioned. I am going to skip the pre-shampoo because I think it is unnecessary IMO, plus I am going to try to use this every shampoo rather than every other like it says. Anyway, I already notice a difference in the overall 'brassiness' my hair had...it has toned down after one use! I cannot wait to update, I imagine this will really help with my super fast fading color. Can't wait to see....

Oh and I wish it came with a pump, because it's a bit runny which made me use more than I should have. But I will just pick one up...

UPDATE:
So I have now used this about 6 times, I have had my hair colored for about 3 weeks thus far and here is the verdict;
I find that I can get away without using a pre-shampoo every other time I use it, this doesn't 'shampoo' my hair at all, it lathers well but simply does not clean it. Which I don't mind because it has absolutely 100% made my color less brassy, more even beleive it or not and kept it rich with the golden/red tones I have. I am finding that I will definatley get away with maybe doing a root touch up at about 4 weeks and a full color maybe every 8 or so. Unheard of for me! Usually I have to all over color every 4 weeks!

This is a must for any of you golden brown girls out there! It's just fantastic!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No