July 28, 2014 | 2087 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Foiled Again Metallic Shadow Stick -Glimpse

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

These shadow sticks aren't sheer, On the contrary & i've found this shade particular does give a foiled metallic look, I've never tried any other colors but i've had this for a long time. You can layer a couple swipes of this to get the effect you want. Glimpse is a dark gunmetal shade, It creases without primer/shadow base and a little hard to use for any purpose other than an all-over lid color, but I like this. There's no shimmer fallout and has a nice finish, and it's a good value for the price, I'm not sure I would buy this again in the particular shade though because I hardly use it

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by aphoticandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear a lot of shimmery type eyeshadow looks, so when I heard about this product, I was excited to give it a try... unfortunately.. I am disappointed. I cant really figure out how to wear this product and benefit from it. It's way to sheer to actually wear on it's own, but if you apply a decent layer of the product to get a more opaque color out of it, it creases (even with UDPP). I tried using it as a color base, but it dries very quickly (and a color base needs to be a little tacky to work.. so this just didn't do it) it just looked like I caked on eyeshadow.
Another thing.. this is supposed to be a "metallic" black color.. but as I found with other Foiled Again colors.. it's just highly shimmery with lots of glitter particles. Not "foiled" like someone would expect from the name.
In the end, it was a waste of 7$ (well.. more since I didn't just buy one color) and I've no idea what to do with it.. since it doesn't really work for anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by VeraVioletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this very easy to apply and the color was nice, but it wore off very fast. The color went on very heavy and dark, but was lighter in a matter of minutes. Will try this in another color, hopefully it will stay on longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

When i saw these i was really excited to try them, i was thinking that they were gonna be high pigmented and metallic looking like it claims. but it was disappointed they were a bit shimmery but very sheer and not highly pigmented and they dont look metallic at all. plus since its a cream stick they wore off fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hard Candy's Foiled Again shadesticks come in a gunmetal and silver decorated tube. Very nice packaging, reminds me of the Kat von D line. Once the lid is removed, you simply twist the shadestick up and apply. The shadestick is angled, and the tube is not so wide that it makes the product hard to apply.

I bought Glimpse, the darkest shade, I think it's supposed to be black but on me it comes out a beautiful dark gunmetal grey with of course, metallic shimmer. I actually really like these, it's easy to use and with primer, good color payoff and lasting power. Also, I like the fact that they are sparkly and shimmery without bits of glitter that end up falling all over your face.

The only downside is that of course, is that it could be hard for someone to get precise application. The consistency is that of the old Revlon Colortsay lipsticks from the 90's, not very creamy unless you blend it in with your finger. These will be good for a messy rock'n roll eye or a simple swipe of color. In fact the lighter shades of pearly white, gold and pink would be perfect for easy work makeup. I can't wait to go back and try to others!