mark Sophistique

3.1

on 12/12/2012 11:05:00 AM

I purchased this in the Avon Outlet for $6.99. Glad it was cheap. DO NOT like the scent at all. Smells way too masculine. This actually smells like a man's cologne. This will be going up for swap, and won't purchase again. My husband wants it, but there is no way i will get near him with this on. Why is it that when you find a fragrance you love, the staying power is minimal? But when you have one that is stinky and vile, like this one, it says on all day. Ugh!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Mark Sophistique from Avon is a beautiful blend of sheer and precious lotus flower, basmati rice, golden amber, orange blossom and ginger. It wraps you around in its irresistible warmth and sophistication

it is an amazing musky fall scent, that carries well into winter. it is a chic scent that is very girly, but not too flowery either. the bottle is very cute, and great looking with any collection! it is one of the more spendy scents from mark, and was Lauren Conrad's signature product when she was a spokes person.
my only issue with this was my bottles kept leaking!! eew, but i kept buying them, cuz its too amazing not to have!!

on 2/14/2012 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Oh, my. This fragrance is very, very well done. I think it's Avon/mark's answer to Estee Lauder's Sensuous - and a very good answer it is, too. If you like a woodsy fragrance with a bit of spice, this one is for you. Sensuous is one of my favorites, and Sophistique reminds me of Sensuous...but a little sweeter and possibly deeper with just one shade more intrigue...and also reminds me of Avon's "vintage" fragrance Instinct, and slightly of Burberry Brit as well, with maybe a whiff of Fire & Ice/VS Amber Romance in there for kicks. It's slightly rich, but not one of those CK-type of "rich" fragrances that needs a very light hand. Not to say one should go overboard, but it's not a room-clearer like some of my fave CKs are if overapplied!

Superbly done; I'm going to Avon's website right now to order at least two more bottles, because (of course) since I like it they're discontinuing it. Until I tried Sophistique I would have said that Mirada was the best effort Avon had made in recent years; I still like, and wear, Mirada very much, but this takes the prize for Best in Show. Boo, boo, boo on Avon for discontinuing it!

on 10/6/2011 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I will probably have to edit this since today is the first time I'm wearing this - it started out great, but the dry down has been rather cloying. It reminds me of the Precious Puffs toys they had in the 80's. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=my+precious+puffs&view=detail&id=0BC710346B0BEEC5D0D3CE99235B1138D46B6AD2&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

on 7/26/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So sad that Mark. is discontinuing this product! It's on sale @ Mark for $9.99 right now and I've stocked up. My husband LOVES this scent and I agree -- it's warm, sexy, and smells rich, not like a cheap perfume from the drugstore. It's an amazing price and I alternate between this and Coco Chanel when I'm going out at night (and sometimes during the day for a little something extra). It has wonderful staying power, too. I would buy this again and again!

on 6/3/2011 12:12:00 AM

This scent is warm and comforting. It's also very unusual, as there's something in it that (to me) smells like burnt rubber (or something burnt AND rubber) but it's not unpleasant, it's actually what makes me love this perfume so much, otherwise it would just be yet another warm, sweet vanilla concoction. It's not a very strong scent, it stays close to the skin, so it's the kind of scent that draws people in. It's only problem is that it does not last very long. I seem to constantly have to be reapplying it. Which is alright I guess because it's very cheap compared to what I usually pay for perfume.

on 2/26/2011 11:55:00 AM

A warm, almost sweet smell that I really enjoy. It lasts pretty long too.

on 2/21/2011 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm basing this review on the little sample that came with my order - hopefully the sample smells the same as the actual juice! I like it, and I'm very picky. It smells 'warm' and I agree it's a cooler weather scent. I'm not very good at describing the notes but it reminds me of Burberry Brit, with a slight caramel note, though I think that one is more sweet.

on 1/9/2011 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this one. Out of the bottle, it smells delish. On me, not so much. Something just clashes with my skin or something and gives me a faint headache. Once the headache has worn off, so has the fragrance. Oh well. So far, Jewel is still my favorite mark fragrance to date.

on 12/3/2010 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Actually, I am fond of Sophistique. I saw some of the bad reviews here and I decided to add another perspective. I feel like it's basically a grown-up, more floral version of Bath and Body Work's Warm Vanilla Sugar. It's very warm and unassuming... and not bad at all.

Popular Fragrances