April 19, 2014 | 1066 users online

Polishes - Avon - Nailwear Pro in Ruby Slippers

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Samanthaiam

Wow, this color makes my mouth water when I think of it! How strange...anyway this is a beautiful bright red jelly packed with very small silver glitter (you can only see its silver when you remove it). Two coats is great for a sparkly festive look without being overboard. This screams Christmas but it can really be used any time of year. I also have the beautiful china glaze ruby pumps, but that takes me 3 coats for opacity and tons of top coat to even out, so for those reasons I actually prefer avons ruby slippers, it's also a brighter more cheerful vibrant color. I have a back up bottle because I do use this color quite often.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tddickie

I've been faithful to OPI nail polish until a friend suggests this one. It was on sale for 2.99$ so I was willing to take the gamble. The color exactly matches the advertisement. My pedicure stayed perfect for three weeks until it started growing out. It endured playing in the ocean, pools, and the hot tub. I thought it would be difficult to take off but a couple swipes and there wasn't a trace of polish. I can wait to try more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

love this shade. it's a nice, bright red with glittery sparkles in it. it looks awesome on toes!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I saw the name "ruby slippers" I just had to try it. What a pretty shade, especially for a pedicure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by belleepoque

Gorgeous color, for some reason I feel that the wear isn't very good. I change my nail polish so often that this isn't a problem for me, but it's enough to knock off a "lippie." I'd repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Got this one too and it is a keeper. I do love the sparkles even though sometimes it strikes me as a bit of a coral when the light hits it just so. I am not much on corals so I use this one only during the Holidays. I would buy it again because it has many qualities for wearing and mixing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by sandymkup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The product is great color. It has a undertone of red glitter. I loved it so much that I would get it again. One coat would do the trick. I decided to do a second coat to see what it looks like its nice but it takes longer to dry. loved product overall!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 5:28:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

RUBY SLIPPERS is a jewel toned (not really apparent on the colour swatch) cherry red colour with fine gold glitter and a shiny crème finish.

The formula is smooth to apply and is quick to dry. As the colour is highly pigmented you really only need one coat (though I prefer 2 coats to get the full impact of the glitter) and it dries quickly (within three minutes). The new formula contains diamond dust and acrylic, to make the polish more hardwearing and to protect your nails.
The updated brush rod has channels along the whole length: so the brush won’t be overloaded with polish = no messy glop’s or drips. The brush is now wider, so it takes only two strokes to evenly paint the nail.

Using my usual base & top coats this polish will last me around 2/3 days with only minimal wear; but I’m tough on my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so it will probably last longer on other people.

Avon’s new-look Nailwear has exceeded my expectations; I’m loving it. I‘ve always found Avon to be hit and miss quality wise, but this range is in the keeper category. The new formula is the same fantastic quality as is double-the-price contenders.