Philosophy Kiss Me lip Balm

3.5

on 11/3/2012 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sorry but this stuff is a hot sticky mess with glitter.

on 1/23/2012 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of the weirdest products I have ever come across. I actually have a love hate relationship with it because it's really nice in the summer when the product can be squeezed out the tube easily and melts on your mouth - it's pretty moisturising too! In the winter, however, the product gets so hard it's impossible to be squeezed out. The reason I said this product is really weird is because it's so temperature dominated, I actually wore this in the summer to find the balm hardens on my lips every time I take a sip of icy drink. Anyway, I was obsessed with this 5 years ago and have about 3 tubes so that's why I'm not getting anymore and I haven't gone back to using it since either, although it's probably because my ex got me 2 of the 3.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Initially I did not like this product because of the consistency. It felt kind of oily, like I applied a oil based balm to my lips (think Badger Balm).... but once I adjusted to that I found I loved this. In fact I use it more than any other product I own. I wear it everyday. It keeps my lips soft, doesn't feel heavy, and I like the way it tingles a little. It also works great under lipstick. It stops the lipstick from drying my lips out which has always been a problem for me. I'd definitely rebuy. I haven't found a balm I like more.

on 1/20/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this two years ago online from Sephora. There was a Black Friday offer and I got the Kiss Me (pink) balm and two Philosophy mini shower gels for $5!
So for the price I paid, this product is totally worth it.

I've been using this regularly for the past 8 months . Prior to that I was using Burt's Bees lip shimmer. And before that I would use Vaseline.

What I like:
the pink color on my lips. it's MLBB for me.
the minty smell. at first I didn't like it but I like it now
moisturizes well
large tube; lasts a long time (quantity wise) I'm probably about half way through mine.
tube is very sturdy - it's soft but has not cracked, ripped or anything

Dislikes:
$10 is a bit much for a lip balm.
too heavy for night - I just apply some vitamin E before bed instead

on 12/28/2010 12:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great moisturizing effect on the lips, very refreshing feeling

on 10/14/2010 10:56:00 PM

This does have a strong lemon scent but isn't overwhelming. I like the thick-ish texture. It doesn't moisturize, though, and I don't like having to use my fingers to apply it. Will use it up but won't re-buy.

on 8/27/2010 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It took me a long time to "bond" with this lip balm. I've used a few other lip balms that I found superior, so I kept finding things wrong with this one. But I will try to keep my review neutral.

The smell really bothered me at first. I didn't like it very much, and I needed to be in a certain mood to appreciate it. This caused me to wonder why I didn't invest in another lipbalm- one with a scent that didn't make me think twice about using it. Also, it was a bit too glossy for my taste and not as moisturizing as my other lip balms that I really liked. In addition, I'm not usually friendly with the gloss-like tubes.

Yet, it is actually not a bad lipbalm. Once I figured out how not to overuse it with the tube, and got a decently small amount out, I was comfortable and content. It didn't do such a bad job keeping my lips moisturized, too. I wouldn't mind picking this up again.

on 5/21/2010 6:09:00 PM

I LOVE this lip balm. It is so moisturising, so smooth, and smells frankly AMAZING. I'm so glad I bought it - it's still going four years on, it just lasts and last since a little bit goes a long way.

Would definitely buy again. LOVE ITTTT!

on 12/31/2009 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This was ok but I found it only to be effective when recently applied, no lasting moisturising effect. There are better and cheaper lip balms out there.

on 9/14/2009 11:27:00 PM

I bought Philosophys Kiss Me Tonight lip treatment. I love this lip balm/treatment! I use it morning and night and my lips feel super soft. Right now this my new favorite!