November 28, 2014 | 1726 users online

Fragrances - Bare Escentuals - Leslie Blodgett Perfume Diaries

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved the scent of Golden Light in the store. I was disappointed that it was not available in the roller ball like the other two fragrances were, and was informed this was because they were discontinuing the roller ball (already - it had just came out!) because of problems with it not functioning properly. I held off on buying this for awhile because the full size bottle was quite expensive, at least for me. Finally I got a Sephora gift card and splurged on this.

Three days later I went into the bathroom and half the perfume had spilled out. I couldn't figure out what had happened until I saw that the top of the bottle had broke into pieces, likely because the cap had been screwed on too tight during production. Huge bummer! The bottle was very pretty, sure, but I lost all that perfume - and money! I poured the rest into a cheapie plastic spray bottle.

As for the scent itself, it's very light, very summery. I'm not great at describing the notes but I would say this is a very clean, slight floral.

I wouldn't buy it again though, based on the price, the packaging problems and also because I think Philosophy fragrances give you more bang for your buck in general, so I will stick to them like I usually do!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Soie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mostly spices, patchouli and woods, with a few indistinct floral notes tossed in. Freshly applied it has an irritating and unexpected spicy incense aroma. After an hour or so the fragrance calms down to more of a dried floral and wood shavings potpourri type scent.

I don't want to smell like incense or potpourri but at least the potpourri is less abrasive and a bit more feminine in character.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by colorcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On my skin, "Bare Skin" is a dupe for EL Sensuous. Not a bad department-store scent, but I already own it, so why would I want a copy? Surprised this is such a rip off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from Sephora and I really like it. It's an every-day type of scent and to me the dry-down smells like Vanilla. I think I would purchase a full-sized version of this perfume. The smell is slightly more mature, like someone in their late 20s to early 40s. It lasts about 6 hours, which is acceptable but I wish it lasted a little longer on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sandyriles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay. Call me crazy, but I like this scent. Initially, it smells pretty spicy/oriental woodsy, but dries down to a nice powder clean scent. It is pretty strong so I wouldn't wear to the office. I imagine it more of a date night fragrance. I keep smelling my wrist and the longer it is on, the more I like the scent. I prefer the spicy scents for the evening and wintertime. It is touted as smelling of the beach and summer. Nope. I don't get that at all. I do get the scent and really like it. Smell for yourself. Don't judge by reviews. Everyone is different when it comes to scents, something that gets low reviews, might just smell heavenly on YOU!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is pretty stinky. I am disappointed. I got a sample of it from Sephora and so glad I didn't buy it! I am kind of surprised this Leslie woman put her name on such a stinky perfume.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I did not buy this, thank goodness. I was at Sephora with some friends, and decided to test this one. It smelled, how can explain this, unclean and unwashed. I don't know if that makes sense. I guess I don't generally like musky scents, and this one smelled "musty" rather than "musky" to me. This scent does not seem representative of the BE line at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow - this turned to pure patchouli on me almost instantly. I could smell it was in there, but once on, that's all it was. Even in the bottle this smells like a man's cologne, and there's nothing beachy about it at all. This was simply awful on me. I can't even get all of it off using straight rubbing alcohol - and I want it gone!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pffft ooverdone and generic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Interesting mix of gentle spices, musk and amber with a smokey wood note in the beginning. I find it unique, and not too overwhelming., but not "beachy." and not girly-girly. I just have samples, but maybe FBW. Update: 12/9/09 update Decided not to buy Unique to me, but don't have to have.