MAC Lipliner- Auburn

4.5

Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Rhus Succedanea (Japan) Fruit Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

on 4/28/2015 7:15:00 PM

I've been on the hunt for the perfect shade of red for my skin tone and stumbled onto the Auburn lip liner by MAC. I've never worn red as all that I've tested/tried either look too pink or too orange on me. This auburn pencil is perfect! I have used it all over my lips over clear balm as my "lipstick" as well as a base the Flower Beauty sheer up lip chubby in Dewy Rose. What a great combination! This is my third MAC liner and I'm considering Mahogany for my next purchase. I have spice and plum as well, but really wanted to FINALLY wear a shade of red, and I'm not disappointed with Auburn. I find the price a little on the high side but given the quality and length of time it lasts, it is probably worth the cost.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really like this shade a lot. I think it was a suggestion by a MAC artist, and it's perfect with my warm undertones. It's a rich deep brown red, and it's great mixed with a variety of glosses and lip sticks. I think it will last forever too! Gosh, it's such a long pencil. I bought mine last year and even after sharpening it a few times, I still have a lot of product left.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Warm, deep red. This is gorgeous on its own with lip balm, and it works just as beautifully with just about any red lipstick. It will deepen bright reds, and warm up pinky reds.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love deep colours and went into the MAC store to get a more neutral colour for a change. The SA gave me this to try anyway and I couldn't help myself. It looked gorgeous, really brought out my dark NC 42 colouring. In fact the SA insisted I get this instead if the other neutral colour I had picked out. Of course, I got both!

I should mention that I like to use lip liners as lipstick because I love a good matte finish. I wear this over balm.

on 8/21/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this to wear with a new YSL lipstick I bought and Auburn looks beautiful with it and I'm sure Auburn will go hand in hand with my trusty MAC Chili lipstick perfectly well too! I'm an NC45 in MAC and a Butterscotch in Fashion Fair. I love wearing the MAC Mahogany lip pencil with red lipsticks too but Auburn is just as wonderful with them all!

on 10/24/2011 7:32:00 PM

Beautiful blood-brick red. Smooth application, non-drying and readily blendable with different glosses to create a wealth of pigment possibilites.

on 1/20/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this lipliner! i wear it with MAC CHILI (matte) lipstick and also MAC VIVA GLAM I. Its a gorgeous reddy brown colour and works perfectly with my golden brown skin tone (NC45).

on 8/5/2010 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Auburn is my absolute favourite lipliner....ever!!! I wear it with all my reds and sometimes even mix it with more neutral toned colours. I once wore auburn just on its own, blended well into my lips and got a million compliments! Auburn will 'always' be a keeper in my makeup bag!!! Looks the best with paired with 'spicy, warm' reds (like chili)! I think this lipliner should be an essential for anyone who has rich-brunette or auburn hair and a warmer golden skintone - if this is you, run, don't walk to get this lipliner!

on 12/14/2009 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just bought this and I LOVE it! I have a hard time with reds to suit my very light olive face, and also the look I want to create that expresses who I am. Most reds look to bright and garish on me--not the look for me! The brown and orange in this creates just the right red for me, nice and dark. Oh, I should mention that I use this as a lipstick. I love matte lipsticks, and I found that many lip pencils work as perfect matte lipsticks. MAC's lip pencils are great for this. Some lip pencils have a sheen to them, but MAC's are pure matte. Also, it is a much cheaper alternative to NARS's jumbo lip pencil, which is out of my budget.

This is a keeper!

I tried this for the first time yesterday when I went clubbing. It stayed put under my gloss for 5 hours of heavy sweating. It goes on very smoothly and is very easy to fill your lips with. The color is really pretty as well. A true auburn tone, like said below. Not too red, not too brown, just great. It looks sexy and classy on my NC30 skin tone.

Top Rated MAC Products