December 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - genefique

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum is magic in a bottle. I received a tiny sample size in a gift purchase. It lasted me about 2 weeks, using a drop in the morning and at night. Those 2 weeks I had the best looking skin I have ever had. It brightened my skin and softened it just after one use. The only downside is that it is super expensive. But definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by moneill311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is a miracle worker. After running out of my first bottle, I hesitated to repurchase in hopes of finding a similiar, less expensive alternative. NOTHING COMPARES. I most recently tried L'Oreal Youth Serum, which according to many reviews, is the closest thing to the real deal...to my dismay, I did not feel the same. Within a few days, I splurged and went back to the Lancome Genefique. With that said, I have also tried the Lancome Visionnaire - which too did not compare. This to me is a necessity and staple in my skin care regimen. Will not waste money on trying other products again as this will now and forever be my go-to!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I have had this for a few months. I used it off and on, 2ce a week or so, and always got a terrible reaction, except maybe once. I kept thinking maybe it was me, the user, as some reviews here imply. I actually tried this out once before a big party, and that same day my forehead broke out in pimples. Don't believe me? See my profile pics, the pic titled 'zit face'!
It is an appropriate time to review this terrible product, because, just in case I'd change my mind, I put some on with my regular (very bland and simple) moisturizer.
BAM! I just had to wash off a full face of makeup because OUCH. IT HURT SO BAD.
It's still hurting though I applied a mask to take down the pain a bit (it's hurting like crazy). It's amazing: I have THREE NEW RED RAISED BUMPS since I put this on a half hour ago! (The only other product that I have such a HORRIBLE reaction to is that blasted Vatika hair oil).

This has been my experience always as mentioned above. My skin was CLEAR THIS MORNING and right now I am nursing 3 new red pimples as well as soreness on my cheeks/forehead and redness. DO YOU SEE ANY GOOD IN IRRITATION? I CERTAINLY DON'T. don't trust the good reviews. I can take almost every foundation, skincare brand, etc. This review is coming from someone who hardly ever gets pimples.
It always feels like a legit, painful chemical burn when I use this.
I have to say, I don't trust any reviewer who rates this highly. I know that's unfair, but it may be a skin type thing, whatever. I just can't believe that this could work for anyone, after what it has done to me. I remember noticing tons of fake positive reviews for an Estee Lauder serum here (you can figure out something's fake, by checking the other reviews posted by that person. if there are only a handful, or no other reviews, it's pretty obvious. that, or the person reviews 5 stars for every other prod by that brand). So MUA reviews are not exactly free from this type of thing. In case you're wondering about which Estee serum--it was the famous ANR which I also had a bad reaction to, but persisted in repurchasing because I'm stupid. Loads of fake reviews to generate hype n downvoting negative feedback.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by kikulicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Persevere and be rewarded with this product :) hated it at first, because I broke out, but then I became abit low on cash, so I persevered with it.

Happy to share that my skin has since become much smoother, and I'm on my second, larger bottle!

I use it day and night :)

Also Had to give this a packaging a five star review. The glass bottle is sturdy, and the dropper ensures you can really reach every last drop! THUMBS UP FOR THE DESIGN.

The product itself isn't cheap, but it costs about the same as rosehip oil.

All the best!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Sea80s

Ellie Goulding sang about "Burn Burn Burn"... did she mean Genefique ? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of some of the Lancome products, mainly their foundations, lip glosses and their Hydra Zen range (for when you've completely annihilated your skin), but this serum burnt through my skin. It didn't happen on day one, it started about day 4 and I also started to get small white pimples and itchy patches (not something I've experienced on my skin). Ironically, the Lancome Hydra Zen cleared it up after 3 weeks, but this is a scary product for my skin,

So, what to do with the rest of the product..? Fear not ! Because this stuff is like magic on the body - I've used it on my feet and legs, followed by moisturiser and I end up looking all glossy and the skin is clearer. So I am guessing what it was supposed to do on the face, is now working on thicker skin on the rest of my body. So all is not lost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

For the first 3 weeks I thought this serum was doing nothing for my skin. I was bummed that I spent so much money on it and was planning on returning it. But I was busy and couldn't get to Macys the following week, so I held onto it and continued to use it (couldn't hurt, right?). Well, come about the end of the week (week 4, so roughly 28-30 days), I noticed one morning that my face looked really luminous and even. My skin looked really, really good. Huh. I guess it took that long for the results to become apparent in my skin. And I've got to say, I am impressed. I really like what I see results-wise. And I know it is attributed to the Genifique because that is the only change in my skincare. So in the end, I'm glad I didn't return this right away. I apply the Genifique on clean skin as my very first step, twice a day (morning and night). Then I follow with whatever other serums or moisturizers I plan on using. I love this serum now, and the gorgeous clear glow it's given my skin. I plan on using it for as long as it keeps providing such great results. I also recommend that everyone give it AT LEAST 30 days to see results. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by AM987654

This serum does work! I tried it because I received it in one of those Lancome free gift sets. Surprisingly no breakouts (I am extremely acne prone) and my skin is glowing. After using the tester, I went out an bought a full size bottle. It's very expensive, but I've decided to add it to my daily routine. The packaging sucks.

UPDATE:
I had to stop using this because I started getting little bumps under the skin on my forehead from this. Too bad I bought a full size bottle before realizing this was the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lanihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love Lancome's Genefique for 1 reason only - wrinkle reduction results!
In the last 3 years I've gone a bit serum crazy and this is one of my favorites.

It actually does what I think it promised to do. The serum is a bit runny, clear and has a light scent. It applies easily and sinks in quickly. The results I've had with it have been great. The crease lines on my neck are diminished and fine wrinkles look filled in. I switch on and off between different serums, but when I go back to Genefique the changes happen within the first 3 days. While I was using Genefique, I started with very good/better than normal skin texture that I attribute to my moisturizer (Korres Yogurt). I don't think this made my skin texture improve. However, it does nothing to help reduce the appearance of bumps on my cheek (I have mild rosacea).

Now the bad...the packaging and price.
I think I may always be in a hurry but I have a bad habit of not tightening the cap, and then knocking this bottle over. It's easier than I would have thought as the base is narrow than the top where I'll bump into it. It pains me every time as this costs $125 CAD for 50ml and I've had a bad spill before. Granted, a bottle with light use only at night can last me almost 6 months.

This is a product my skin likes, but my brain wants to rebel from for financial reasons, so I have currently switched back to Missha's Time Revolution Night Repair Science Ampoule .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

Skin-data: yellow warm undertone,NC 27-30,combo skin (oily t-zone,normal on the rest) with dry flaky healing acne spots,red/purple-ish hyper pigmentation. I've been using this serum for the past 3 weeks. My current skincare routine is the tea tree skincare line from The Body Shop and it works fine but I need extra hydrating step because I use the tea tree oil for spot treatment at night and its somewhat drying. First few days I felt like this serum was a miracle product it made my face glowy and supple. But after a week my forehead started to breakout, And I rarely breakout on my forehead. I have more under the skin breakout than before. I refused to believe this serum was the caused because of the very expensive price tag but this is the only thing I add to my skincare routine. I don't have aging skin problem (I'm 28) so I can't say much about how it smooths fine lines. I'm honestly done with the overly expensive western skincare and starting my skincare routine from scratch with Korean brands that are more affordable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by acarthur

I have been using a samples of this product for just over 3 weeks now using it at night time as the Lancome sales person suggested. So far no difference in my skin, but a few pimples and small bumps have been appearing around my chin area. I don't think I would bother purchasing this unless my skin dramatically improves within the next few weeks as it still looks and feels the same and I am not impressed about the bumps and pimples which I don't normally have. Very expensive too.