April 24, 2014 | 1857 users online

Treatments - Lancome - genefique

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Sea80s

Ellie Goulding sang about "Burn Burn Burn"... did she mean Genefique ? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of some of the Lancome products, mainly their foundations, lip glosses and their Hydra Zen range (for when you've completely annihilated your skin), but this serum burnt through my skin. It didn't happen on day one, it started about day 4 and I also started to get small white pimples and itchy patches (not something I've experienced on my skin). Ironically, the Lancome Hydra Zen cleared it up after 3 weeks, but this is a scary product for my skin,

So, what to do with the rest of the product..? Fear not ! Because this stuff is like magic on the body - I've used it on my feet and legs, followed by moisturiser and I end up looking all glossy and the skin is clearer. So I am guessing what it was supposed to do on the face, is now working on thicker skin on the rest of my body. So all is not lost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

For the first 3 weeks I thought this serum was doing nothing for my skin. I was bummed that I spent so much money on it and was planning on returning it. But I was busy and couldn't get to Macys the following week, so I held onto it and continued to use it (couldn't hurt, right?). Well, come about the end of the week (week 4, so roughly 28-30 days), I noticed one morning that my face looked really luminous and even. My skin looked really, really good. Huh. I guess it took that long for the results to become apparent in my skin. And I've got to say, I am impressed. I really like what I see results-wise. And I know it is attributed to the Genifique because that is the only change in my skincare. So in the end, I'm glad I didn't return this right away. I apply the Genifique on clean skin as my very first step, twice a day (morning and night). Then I follow with whatever other serums or moisturizers I plan on using. I love this serum now, and the gorgeous clear glow it's given my skin. I plan on using it for as long as it keeps providing such great results. I also recommend that everyone give it AT LEAST 30 days to see results. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by AM987654

This serum does work! I tried it because I received it in one of those Lancome free gift sets. Surprisingly no breakouts (I am extremely acne prone) and my skin is glowing. After using the tester, I went out an bought a full size bottle. It's very expensive, but I've decided to add it to my daily routine. The packaging sucks.

UPDATE:
I had to stop using this because I started getting little bumps under the skin on my forehead from this. Too bad I bought a full size bottle before realizing this was the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lanihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love Lancome's Genefique for 1 reason only - wrinkle reduction results!
In the last 3 years I've gone a bit serum crazy and this is one of my favorites.

It actually does what I think it promised to do. The serum is a bit runny, clear and has a light scent. It applies easily and sinks in quickly. The results I've had with it have been great. The crease lines on my neck are diminished and fine wrinkles look filled in. I switch on and off between different serums, but when I go back to Genefique the changes happen within the first 3 days. While I was using Genefique, I started with very good/better than normal skin texture that I attribute to my moisturizer (Korres Yogurt). I don't think this made my skin texture improve. However, it does nothing to help reduce the appearance of bumps on my cheek (I have mild rosacea).

Now the bad...the packaging and price.
I think I may always be in a hurry but I have a bad habit of not tightening the cap, and then knocking this bottle over. It's easier than I would have thought as the base is narrow than the top where I'll bump into it. It pains me every time as this costs $125 CAD for 50ml and I've had a bad spill before. Granted, a bottle with light use only at night can last me almost 6 months.

This is a product my skin likes, but my brain wants to rebel from for financial reasons, so I have currently switched back to Missha's Time Revolution Night Repair Science Ampoule .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

Skin-data: yellow warm undertone,NC 27-30,combo skin (oily t-zone,normal on the rest) with dry flaky healing acne spots,red/purple-ish hyper pigmentation. I've been using this serum for the past 3 weeks. My current skincare routine is the tea tree skincare line from The Body Shop and it works fine but I need extra hydrating step because I use the tea tree oil for spot treatment at night and its somewhat drying. First few days I felt like this serum was a miracle product it made my face glowy and supple. But after a week my forehead started to breakout, And I rarely breakout on my forehead. I have more under the skin breakout than before. I refused to believe this serum was the caused because of the very expensive price tag but this is the only thing I add to my skincare routine. I don't have aging skin problem (I'm 28) so I can't say much about how it smooths fine lines. I'm honestly done with the overly expensive western skincare and starting my skincare routine from scratch with Korean brands that are more affordable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by acarthur

I have been using a samples of this product for just over 3 weeks now using it at night time as the Lancome sales person suggested. So far no difference in my skin, but a few pimples and small bumps have been appearing around my chin area. I don't think I would bother purchasing this unless my skin dramatically improves within the next few weeks as it still looks and feels the same and I am not impressed about the bumps and pimples which I don't normally have. Very expensive too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

Im working my way through a 100ml bottle and its been a year......

CONS
The annoying sucker tube system is fiddly- gimme a pump system any day
The annoyingly heavy glass bottle
The price
The texture- reminds me of yucky bad things like runny snot and KY jelly. errrrr
No positive effect on my open pores

PROS
It does good things for my skin in a quiet way. Its hydrating and seems to work on fine lines which have not worsened.
No skin irritations/bad reactions.
Skin doesn't feel sticky after use.

The main reason for not re-purchasing is that my pores bother me more than my fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by bonbon4face

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I put this product on my face first time today, i got a tiny burn sensation around my cheek eye area. After applying my normal moisturizer (clarins), i felt itchy on my cheek. I want to ask if anyone has similar experience like mine???

Update: after using this product for 2 days (4 applications), the very mild burn sensation is tolerable, but my found red dots on my cheek area, the red dots are NOT pimples. It is allergic reaction. The serum is not for me.

I will try the Lancome visionnaire 4% serum tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by wahinetoa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the worst. My skin became bumpy, tight, itchy and hot. I trialed it for a week just to be sure, but my skin just got worse. In the end I threw it in the bin. I have normal to dry skin and this is the worst reaction I've ever had to a product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin and my skin is also sensitive so I'm always super cautious on what goes on my skin. Luckily I was able to receive a sample of this because I was able to realize how it didn't suit my skin, saving me the money. I tried this on at two different times. The first time, I gave it about 3 nights. The first night, I was pretty amazed on how much dewier my skin looked the day after, even when I put my makeup on. However, with this I noticed little bumps forming on my temple and cheeks. They were small but I noticed new ones coming in with continued use. I thought maybe my skin needed time to adjust but I didn't want to find out.

Another time I tried it. About a year later, I tried a sample again. Tried it for 4 nights and noticed some pretty deep and painful pimples/cysts starting to form deep under my skin. Even though, I'm acne prone, I do take great care of my skin to a point where I barely get pimples now. So to feel these big, painful bumps starting to form was a surprise and I knew it had to be the Genefique.. I stopped worried my pimples/cysts would come to a head. They were coming out in clusters which is usually a sign for me of something irritating my skin.

I was really disappointed because it does appear to give your skin a nice glow for the next day. But for acne prone, or sensitive skin girls, take caution! I really would give this product a 2.5. I think it does its job as for making your skin look refreshed but it is just too much for my sensitive skin. Why are Lancome skin products like this for me?