April 18, 2014 | 1805 users online

Lipstick - Elizabeth Arden - Exceptional Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by JazzyDazzle

I have this lipstick in the colour Extreme. I love love love wearing it as a stain on either the lips or cheeks during the colder months. It gives my skin a little more life.
This lipstick is matte and very long wearing. I love this product very much. However, there is one thing that irks me to no end.
This lipstick smells disgusting. At first I thought mine had gone bad, but when I popped in the store to look at some more of the colours (and sniff at them), realization dawned upon me. This line of lipsticks smell bad! Just awful!
I don't use this lipstick very much anymore because the smell and taste just makes me nauseous. When I do wear this lipstick, I cannot tolerate anything more than a light coat of stain.
I would totally recommend this product to anyone who can stand the smell and taste of utter disgustingness sitting atop their lips. I, for one, cannot. But different folks, different strokes.

Pros:
- Long wearing
- Lovely colour

Cons:
- Dehydrating
- Not great for mature lips (it's matte)
- Smells incredibly incredibly bad

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have three of these lipsticks, Smooth Mauve, Soft Red and Red Door Red. All three are really pretty colours.

On the first application of EA lipsticks, they feel quite dry and plasticy and takes time to deposit colour on ur lips. But after that, they become smoother and easier to apply. I always apply lip balm before lipstick, no matter which brand, so I find that these don't dry out my lips too much. Also, I find that the colour seems to cling to my lips and hence lasts a decent amount of time.

Smooth Mauve - its a very nice mauve shot through with gold frost. Looks beautiful on my pigmented lips.

Soft Red - this colour reminds me of the sky at sunset, a beautiful golden pink. I had thought it might not look good on my pigmented lips and tan skin but it gives a nice, natural colour with a bit of sheen.

Red Door Red - a creamy, true red which is not too pigmented. It gives denser colour when I apply it with a lip brush instead of directly from the tube.

Overall, these are nice lipsticks, good value for money and I would buy more colours. However, one lippie off for the annoyingly sweet, old-fashioned fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got three shades of this lipstick in a gift set: Soft Rose, Desert Rose, and Lush Red. The lightest of the colours, Soft Rose, is way too light for my lips, so I will give it to a relative who likes pastels. Desert Rose is a pretty, soft, classic rose shade. And Lush Red is is a dark red with a bit of brown. All three shades are soft and creamy, and the finish is almost matte-just a hint of shine. The lipsticks have an "old lady" fragrance to them, but that doesn't bother me. Overall, I like the consistency and the high quality of the pigmentation and packaging. I doubt I would pay full price for them, but I am enjoying two of the three lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

EA's Leopard Chic Beauty Box featured three Exceptional Lipsticks: Honey Blush, Beauty, and Starlight. All 3 shades are lovely, but my favorite is Honey Blush. It is a reddish/coral/brownish shade that looks beautiful by itself, and even better under/over lip pencils and glosses (I love it with Sephora's Blue Waters gloss). It is long wearing and quite moisturizing. I'm not a lipstick fan, but I can forget I'm wearing this. I would repurchase, happily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first EA purchase, I was looking for a color to perfectly match the bright pink Shellac nail color I was wearing, and Pink Vibrations was the perfect one! Turned out to be everything I wanted, bright, matte, full coverage, long lasting & satiny. Great staying power...doesn't kiss off on my bf's lips! UD lip primer underneath makes a great base, with EA's 05 Blush lip liner and then the lipstick...perfect with that bright pink Shellac nail color if you crave a bright pink mani that just stands out. Awesome with my brown hair & eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by laurelrea

I have this in Desert Rose and while i absolutely love the colour and texture i feel like it really drys my lips out and works best if u use a clear lip butter under it first. I do really like it though, just wish it wasn't so drying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by BalsamandAmbrosia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my HG department store lipstick, there is nothing about this lipstick i don't love,. okay so the elizabeth arden exceptional lipstick colors go great with the smokey eyes powder pencil eyeliner. This is one of the very first lipsticks i've tried that was high end and i don't think i will ever use much else. The texture is very creamy, somewhat moist, doesn't streak or fade into lines around the mouth. Colors are sensational. packaging is simple and elegant. The colors I use are #38 (beauty) and #24 (autumn), the autumn color looks best with black eyeliner, so i wear a lot of #38. I'm also interested in trying Wild winterberry and goldmine (and maybe lush red if i'm feeling ambitious)

one of the best lipsticks around!

UPDATE: I have tried #56 (wild winterberry) and it is a great shade. It looks best with green eyeliner. Havent yet bought gold mine or lush red.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got in shade #soft rose. However, it is far from my recognition of rose and it is not a flattery color at all. The color looks a little old fashioned color to me with shimmer. (orange, brown, nothing bright or pinkish)The exceptional lipstick does go on smooth on the lips maybe I will try other shades if I have a chance

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

im using georgia peach and breathless. i love EA lipsticks! although they smell, the texture is great. the color stays on all day never fades away. good buy. recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by veritykrall

A lot of people think that Elizabeth Arden is an old lady product line, but all of their products I've tried are the shizz. I have this in the shade 'Red Diamond' which is a berry based red with gold shimmer. If you apply it with a lip brush and build it up, its a gorgeous true red. However, you can apply a little bit, blend it out, and it becomes a beautiful light berry shade that's super flattering. It's long wearing and moisturising too. Don't be held back by the 'old lady' image, Elizabeth Arden has some fab products.