September 2, 2014 | 1860 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Wonder Perfect mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara surprised me, because I wasn't expecting a whole lot. It was beautifully black, volumised my thin lashes, gave a little length to my short lashes, and held a curl. It was also impressively smudge-free and removed easily with my Shu cleansing oil.

The tube seems rather oversized. Perhaps this is to play up the "luxury" angle, but it's not necessary.

A very good mascara that I will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Amypeacemanchester

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a tester from a friend, and have only just used it! It was brilliant lots of volume and length and it's very rich in colour! I would defiantly buy this again it's just the price that puts me off!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this mascara daily. It's not bad, but it doesn't give you very much volume. I use another mascara (maybelline's colossal volume express) after it to get rid of the clumps and to add volume. A bit pricey, so I probably won't buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Csmith1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iím a mascara addict, I love love love it. Unfortunately this one kind of sucks. Iím going to try and return it as it is SOOOO difficult to get off. Iíve used a variety of different mascaras in my day, none of which have been so hard to wash off as this. I literally dread washing my face at night after using it. It also makes your lashes super hard. As someone who likes to layer my mascara I tend to steer clear from mascaras that arenít easily brushed out, and layered.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say, I LOVE this mascara. It really lengthens and does not clump. It is not so great for volume, but as a person with fairly sparse lashes, I no longer expect miracles. I find this mascara comes off okay with makeup removing wipes, I haven't noticed that it's anymore difficult to remove than any other mascara. I got it as part of my mascara sampler kit, so due to the price I'm not sure I ever would have bought it. I do love clarins products however. I will post a picture when I get to a computer, but I've never seen a mascara as lengthening and non-clumping as this one.. In one or two swipes too!! It is definitely my favourite out of all of the ones that came in my mascara sampler kit (bad gal lash, Lanc√īme hypnose drama, smashbox eye brightening, and a few others). Would definitely recommend :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

Before I review the mascara's performance, I just have to mention that I have tried many different brands of mascara (from drug store brands to very high end brands) and I have never had one that was so hard to remove at the end of the day! My favourite cleanser, Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, usually takes off mascara and other eye makeup very easily, but I had to scrub and scrub, and the next morning I still looked like a raccoon! The next day, I used Neutrogena's make-up remover wipes (which are supposed to take off even waterproof mascara) and I had the same problem. On day 3, I used an eye makeup remover specifically formulated for waterproof makeup (even though the Clarins Wonder formula I bought is the regular one, not the waterproof one) and I finally got it all off by using about half the bottle.
The mascara itself is pretty ordinary: it's not the worst mascara I ever used, nor is it the best. It lengthens and volumizes my lashes to a certain extent, but not enough to rave about. I certainly will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Got a sample size so cannot attest for the "real" tube(s)...Based on the sample...An OK mascara...Glides on wet but evenly. Not nearly enough volume for my already long lashes, but for those looking for length, they've got it!! Will not re-purchase, just not enough of a "wow factor" for me but decent for natural looks indeed...Or, as an alternative, I find it's great as a layering mascara w/ another natural mascara. @ Any rate, if you're looking for any sort of false lash effect, you most likely won't get it from this mascara unless your blessed w/ long, thick lashes naturally.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara says to lengthen and volumize your lashes. The wand is quite thin and the formula rather wet. I find that whilst it does volumize somewhat this is more a mascara for those who prefer a very natural look (rather than a vavawoom look). I have tried the formula with a different wand however this does not give the effect that I am looking for (volume and length - favourite mascaras include Lancome Hypnose, Givenchy Noir Couture and EL Sumptous Extreme). So - for those of you who want a slightly more defined lash but not extreme volume this may be for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ivana89

Didn't like it. I decided to give up on it after having used it several times. It is very difficult to apply (the wand isn't practical and i'm not the type to spend so much time on applying my mascara), the result is just blah. If I apply more than one coat, it becomes a disaster: I only end up having extremely clumpy, spidery lashes. It does give a little bit of volume but no length whatsoever. There are much better mascaras out there, that's for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by juliastockholm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this as a daytime mascara, and I like a lot. It doesn't give me all the volume I want, and although I reach for my diorshow most mornings, I am happy to have this and do use it. It does have a bit of eyeliner effect, great for when you don't have a lot of time. I never curl my lashes, so I can't say anything about how well it does that. I think this will be great for summer, when I tend to wear less makeup in the day.

I wear contacts and have had no trouble at all with this mascara. It doesn't get in my eyes, doesn't smell funny or smudge. It does the job, and it does it well. Happy with it.