December 22, 2014 | 1523 users online

Fragrances - Van Cleef & Arpels - Orchidée Vanille

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful fragrance ..... I find it to be a romantic scent ..... I don't find this scent too sweet, but instead when I wear Orchidee Vanille I find that on me it has more of a beautiful and classic sweetness (this is to me more of a grown-up sweet fragrance versus a teen-age sweet fragrance e.g. Pink Sugar.) I love this fragrance ..... I fell in love the first time I spritzed some on and put it on my Christmas list which I was happy to receive as one of my gifts. If you love a combination floral/vanilla fragrance then this fragrance is for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by stls

Ah, Orchidee Vanille... If you're looking for a show-stopping vanilla fragrance to rule them all you will be disappointed. If you expect it to be a powerhouse you will surely be disapponted. But then again, you should know that none of the perfumes of this collection are or pretend to be strong.

It's true, there are a million vanilla based perfumes out there that project much better for a fraction of the price but this isn't about cotton candy, sugar cookies, cupcake or play dough. It's smooth, refined, high quality vanilla pod. Clever concept too, since Vanilla is in the family of Orchids botanically.

The opening is more like a reminiscent of oranges dipped in chocolate. Then the vanilla becomes more prominent and I get hints of orchid and delicate almonds every now and then. The drydown is all about vanilla, tonka and musk. It doesn't smell like a desert to me after a certain point and if it had a texture it would be velvet.

There are no challenging notes, I think it's very wearable, likeable and snuggly but if you're not a great fan of vanilla you'll probably find it too overpriced.
Nevertheless, I love this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by laurensaskia

Love love love! Smells so delicious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful vanilla, a bit gourmand, with a hint of spice, high quality scent
I own 2 other Collection scents and this one is my favorite!
I still have to find a full bottle at a discount though
It isn't a complex scent yet it is rich and smells multi layered
Wonderful on a cool day!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

Orchidee Vanille is very reminiscent of Susan Lang's Black Orchid. The vanilla is there throughout the entire progression and, as others have remarked, it's sweet. I suppose the good reviews on this as "non-foody" refer to the fact that it does not smell cheap, which is easy to do for a vanilla scent. However, I would not call this a sophisticated fragrance, nor could I imagine wearing it all day without wanting to scrub my skin off in a few hours. Understanding that vanilla is an essential part of many perfume compositions, I still find it hard to imagine an adult wanting to smell of saccharine baked goods continually, which is essentially what wearing a perfume where vanilla is the sole (or almost) sole player amounts to. If, however, you're a cupcake fan and want to smell like one all day long, this perfume may be your holy grail. Besides Black Orchid (not TF's), another contender would be Guerlain's Angelique Noir in a similar category. The price is what it is. Clearly the ingredients are top notch; and the presentation is gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by airubgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Touted as a non-foody vanilla it sounded right up my alley. Unfortunately on me it is nothing but an incredibly sweet vanilla that brings to mind marshmallow fluff. The stuff that is sticky and gooey and makes your teeth hurt.

It opens with some citrus and vanilla, moves into a tangy vanilla with florals and then morphs into nothing but sweet vanilla. I don't get any of the flowers individually, there is a floral vanilla in the heart, but it too is a very sweet floral.

It wasn't a bad perfume, but not at all what I thought it would be, non-foody to me means not overly sweet and this one was almost headache inducing on me. It is obviously high quality and the lasting power was amazing, it was still there in the morning when I woke up, but it's just not for me. If you love sweet vanilla with florals intertwined then this may be for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of the best vanillas I've tried. Not overly sweet and twinkified, but not too bogged down by other supporting notes like other high-end vanillas. It's nice and simple--perhaps too simple to warrant the price. But I do love it and have been looking for an HG vanilla, so perhaps someday I will be willing to buy a full bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty vanilla soft milky sweet but not overly sugary, comforting and cozy. The steep price made me downgrade a lippy. I would be very happy to recieve as a gift.

For now my vanilla lace or YR vanille will suffice....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only reason wouldn't buy this product again is the price. Otherwise, I'd really like to have a FB of this in my collection. It is a sophisticated, non-perfumey, floral supported by vanilla and chocolate. The lasting power is amazing. I can still smell it 14 hrs later! It's beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Chic vanilla. I love most things vanilla and I quite like this one although I'm not in love. On my skin, it leans toward the polished Van Cleef & Arpels chic with a sheer vanilla sensation rather than offering a cuddly vanilla - which has been done many times already. There is a bit of a metallic feeling in it, like this was a platinum accessory with a vanilla smell. Other times, I get just a tad of greenness and some powder. It doesn't have a big sillage like the other members of the series and lasts for around 4 hours on me. If I had an office job, I would buy this and wear it to the office but as it is, I don't feel like I need a FB. A strong 3.5.