L'Occitane Repairing Shampoo (Dry & Damaged Hair)

4.1

The worst and the most drying shampoo I've ever tried, which is ridiculous considering this is marketed towards dry and damaged hair.

After using this with the conditioner from the line, I get extremely dry, frizzy, and tangled hair. I have dry and frizzy hair to begin with, but this shampoo makes it even worse! The conditioner is so good, this shampoo I'm not so crazy about though. The weirdest thing is it makes my hair get tangled in literal knots.

This shampoo is so expensive but after the first use, I immediately decided not to use it again despite how much I've spent on it.

This shampoo has got a very strong scent, I can only describe it as perfumey. It's almost like you're basically pouring perfume right on top of your head. I wouldn't mind if it delivers great results, but it just doesn't. Very disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Have been using this shampoo for over a year now.. Im on my second bottle..its a good shampoo.. cleans the scalp well.. i love the smell of this shampoo.. I always use a conditioner after shampooing as my hair is on the drier side and this shampoo does dry out my hair..
The only con is its cost.. but until I find a better shampoo will stick to this one..
This shampoo ( 300ml) lasted for about six months for me..

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This and the matching conditioner are possibly the worst haircare items I've used in recent memory. The smell doesn't bother me (although the conditioner is stronger smelling than the shampoo) but fortunately it doesn't last once you rinse it out of your hair. However, once I started blowdrying my hair, my hair was incredibly static-y, tangled (as in actual knots at the ends, which is strange because I recently had my hair cut) and dry feeling. After sleeping on my hair overnight, I woke up to hair that was still static-y and dry. Fortunately I was using sample packets, but the results were so bad that I may not use them up.

I bought this product based on all the great reviews here and I would just like to say that it was the biggest waste of money ever. 1. I don't like the smell, but that is obviously very subjective. 2. I didn't see any of the benefits praised here, like the hair being very nourished and healthy afterwards, at all. 3. On the contrary, I feel that it is not nice to apply, the hair feels dry even in the shower after applying it, it feels like it is stripping all the natural 'oils' from my hair, and afterwards my scalp feels dry and itchy! I even got red skin on my neck the first few times i used it... Certainly will never buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the best shampoos i've used. Does smell amazing, lathers easily, makes my bleached fine blonde hair look glowy and healthy, without wearing them down.

The pricetag is quite expensive, but since you don't need much of the product the bottle will last a long time!

I recommend to buy the 500 ml refill bag after the bottle is used up!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used to love this shampoo. My hair is thick, coarse and slightly frizzy. At first I noticed this shampoo made my hair so soft and light. I used this with the matching conditioner. My hair was always shiny and smelled really good.. until late evening even after a long, hot sunny day. But after using for almost half a year, i began to realize how dry my hair had become and more strands were starting to get tangled. I switched to Kerastase Bain Nutri-Thermique in the end.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

First of all even if this was a crap shampoo I would love it because of the smell!

Secondly it comes in a refill bag option which is a +

Thirdly - its a great shampoo, not too sudsy but feels really clean and my curly frizzy below the shoulder hair is always smooth and soft after I use it.

I am a shampoo philanderer, never loyal to any one for more than a few weeks but I keep coming back to this and the conditioner and the deep conditioner too.

Update 23 April 2014
There are few words more likely to send a cold shiver down your spine than "New and Improved Formula" written on a beloved product.

Having risked missing a flight home to dash in to the L'Occitane kiosk at the airport I was almost brought to tears when the shop assistant happily shared that dread phrase with me!!!

However my need was great and there was a bonus comb as an incentive so I purchased the new formulae, (Shampoo, Conditioner and Mask -together with the 'new' pump bottle as my previous pump bottles had both given up the ghost after several refills).
When I arrived home it was with trepidation that I opened the larger (less pumps required) pumps and washed and masked my needy hotel shampooed tresses.
- Prayers of gratitude that the scent has remained untainted.
- Pleasant surprise at how easily my dried out, rained on, matted curls combed through
and finally, when all was dried and ready for assessment - AMAZEMENT that the new version really is even better than the old one!!!!
Thank you L'Occitane - I wish I could give you even more lippies (now all you need to do is put the mask in a pump pack too...)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Great shampoo. Can feel the difference right from the first wash. Hair feels healthier overall, softer and shinier.I live in a climate where my hair is exposed to strong sunshine and harsh water. Great for daily wash. Coupled with little conditioner, great results. Pleasant smell too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On vacation in Hawaii, my hair was not agreeing with the hotel shampoo (this is very rare for me) and in order to travel light I generally do not pack shampoo or conditioner. The SA at the store was kind enough to give me a few samples because I was so desperate. I ended waltzing back in after running out of the samples to buy the large size bottles. I would compare the quality and smell to pureology. Shampoo has some nice suds but not too much which would strip the hair. I've already been using this for a few months and I still love it.

Great shampoo, works for me totally !
Hair looks very healthy after the first usage. I like the smell as well.

I use it with the mask or conditioner.