July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Scrubs - Simple - smoothing cleansing scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by avencill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

first of all, I love the Simple skin care line. my skin is pretty sensitive and it's hard for me to find skin care products that don't break me out or dry my skin out more than it already is. After getting past the smell of this scrub I really liked it until it started to break me out. maybe better for people with not- so sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I do not like the geranium oil scent in this product, it is an effective scrub. I have used this on my face and neck and on my DH itchy, dry back and it works fine. Contains parabens. I like St. Ives Black head clearing Green tea scrub more than the Simple brand scrub as it has more scrubbies in it, and it smells better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by laurenfaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this cleanser because I ran out of my Aveeno exfoliating face wash and I like to try new things. MISTAKE. This stuff stinks. I find myself holding my breath when I use it... It smells super chemical-y, like Windex. I also don't like the rice granules in it, they seem sharp and it can hurt to use it, even if I don't press hard. It doesn't dry my skin out too bad but it does have mineral oil as the second ingredient, plus some vegetable oil. I'm not surprised it breaks other people out. I think it works well enough, my face is nice and smooth, but the scent is awful and I will never buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product to keep in the shower when I ran out of my Clean & Clear exfoliator. My review is full of positives but I'm not effusively thrilled about the product. I'd buy it again, but I'm a pretty fickle buyer and would more likely try something else first. (Which might work against me!)

This is a VERY non-irritating exfoliator. Great for daily or near-daily use in the shower on my face and chest. My skin is pretty sensitive, and I use a lot of products that can play poorly with exfoliators (glycolic acids, retinols). This didn't irritate me or break me out at all.

But it's also....not a very special experience. Maybe I'm looking for too much in a product, but the scentlessness makes it boring. Non-irritating but boring. It was also pretty cheap, about $6 at Publix. Packaging is a tube that stays closed - good. Also, the tube is translucent so you can tell when you're running out. I think Simple products are often on sale at CVS.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I bought this along with a couple other things from this line (soothing toner and the replenishing rich moisturizer). I have to admit... the rice grain scrubs are a bit different and more gentle on my face than the St. Ives (apricot) one i was using prior to this. Unfortunately, i'm not a huge fan of this scrub. it does an OK job in exfoliating my skin, but i also felt it left a filmy residue on my skin (perhaps from the rice?). I kept rinsing my face, but still felt the film there. Too bad, my search for a good facial exfoliator continues!

Update - this scrub also made me break out. I'm guessing it's from the rice granules. They leave a filmy residue that i can't seem to get rid of. will be returning.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by carotan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was scared when I read all the negative reviews. But I went ahead and bought it because it promised to be a soft, gentle exfoliant with no chemicals. Since I have very sensitive, thin skin, I was looking for something that won't scrub or scrape like my current one by Ole Henriken. I used it once so far, but aside from the slightly plastic-ky smell, I really liked it! I just know that it left my face soft and it was not harsh.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by XOXkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YUCK! I hate this stuff and I hate the simple skin care line! I was so excited when this finally came to the US, it was finally a drugstore product that wasn't harsh (or so it claimed). I tried the vital vitamins lotion and at first I loved it. Well a few days after I started it, my skin was breaking out like it never does. Horrible cystic acne everywhere...it was a nightmare. Then, I removed it from my skincare and tada! Acne went away. Now I thought it was just that product, and I decided to give it another go. I bought this and used it twice a week. At first, no reaction (a good thing), but then I started breaking out and I wasn't sure if this was the cause. So one night I decided to use ONLY this product on my nose.. and lo and behold.. the next morning I had a huge zit on my nose. So disappointing, and this stuff smells awful. And I won't even mention how not simple this skincare line is....some nasty ingredients. stay away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I'm kind of surprised about the low reviews on this exfoliator cause I like it a lot. I bought this to use with my Clarisonic once a week because I have dry, peeling skin, it can always use a little extra exfoliation. I chose this one because my skin is sensitive and breaks out fairly easily and I really wanted something that would do the job but be gentle enough. I like that this exfoliator isn't too thick and isn't scented. A lot of people complain about the scent of Simple's skin care products but they're unscented...they smell like the ingredients...its normal, not artificial :P Anyways...how I use this is once to twice a week I will wet my face, take a decent sized blob of it in my fingers and spread it gently on my face. Then I will use my Clarisonic to buff the beads gently in to my skin. Once I rinse and towel dry my face...voila! My skin is beautiful! I like that the beads in this cleanser are a bit larger and spaced out because even though there aren't as many, I feel like its taking off the dead skin cells whereas sometimes exfoliators with a lot of beads can feel like they're lifting healthy skin which is no good. One thing that I really like about this exfoliator is that it doesn't dry my skin out at all, in fact it makes my skin almost feel about hydrated but that does play in to the one thing I dislike about it. This exfoliator doesn't clean my skin at all. After I use it I feel like I need to follow up with my cleanser. The fact that it doesn't have cleaning agents in it is probably why my skin feels so soft and hydrated but I did wish it had some cleaning properties so I didn't have to throw in an extra step which I feel shouldn't be necessary. Overall I do think this is a great exfoliator for drier, sensitive skin types and I will repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by OlyaOlya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

works good, cleans your skin gently if use a couple times a week, granules not big and not hard

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love exfoliating. The problem I've had with many (and boy, do I mean many) companies, is that there are chemicals that are too harsh for my combination, but sensitive, skin.

Well... lo and behold... Simple finally makes its appearance to the US!

Simple has made an exfoliating scrub that works wonders for me. I do understand that this product may not work for everyone (it really depends on your skin!), however, I genuinely love this scrub. There is a scent (slightly citrusy) and the exfoliating particles are slightly on the large side (they're rice grains).

I say, give this scrub a chance!! You are able to purchase it at most drugstores/major supermarkets, and this company goes on sale frequently and it is already very affordable even without a sale!