September 22, 2014 | 1764 users online

Scrubs - Simple - smoothing cleansing scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This seemed like a good basic scrub. However, the rice granules seem kind of harsh after using one using different hydrogenated oil esters instead. Also, although fragrance free, I didn't care for the scent. This is definitely a step up from the Apricot scrub (though I would never want to scrub my face with apricot pits) but I found it a little aggrevating to my skin. My new love is the Neutrogena naturals scurb since I definitely do need to exfoliate for fresh skin. But I'm still searching for a HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very gentle product, maybe even too gentle for my skin, but it's a nice scrub. My skin feels smooth, but hydrated, and it's gentle enough for me to use a few times a week, rather than once. I don't think I'll be repurchasing it because I prefer more exfoliating scrubs for my face, but it would be nice for someone with oily or sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do not care for this scrub. I use to only use a plain bar of Dove Soap for my face and body until I realized I wasn't cleaning my face properly. Then I went on to purchase this scrub & used this to wash my face only until I later on realized that you need to cleanse with a cream product first and then exfoliate to really clean the skin. I choose this because I have really sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin. I do like that this doesn't leave my face tight & dry but that it doesn't over moisturize as well. Those are the only good things I can say about it. Other than that this stuff doesn't spread well at all even if my face is soaking wet. I find myself having to put on massive amounts of this in random small areas of my face and neck just to get the product everywhere that's needed. After 2-3 months I have a little less than half the bottle left & haven't seen any brightening or even textured skin yet. I have moved onto the St. Ives Even and Bright scrub that is more natural in ingredients (this Simple scrub contains parabens) and after one week I saw that my face was actually more even textured & not as red. I really want to use this up so that I won't be wasting my money but as of right now it's just been collecting dust in my bathroom cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by daisybeewee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think it depends on the individual.. I have combination skin it's oily and dry. After the first time using this product my skin instantly felt smooth and my skin looks more radiant and healthy, even the day after my skin still felt nice. The exfoliator wasn't rough and I didn't mind the smell at all. I will be buying this product again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by avencill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

first of all, I love the Simple skin care line. my skin is pretty sensitive and it's hard for me to find skin care products that don't break me out or dry my skin out more than it already is. After getting past the smell of this scrub I really liked it until it started to break me out. maybe better for people with not- so sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I do not like the geranium oil scent in this product, it is an effective scrub. I have used this on my face and neck and on my DH itchy, dry back and it works fine. Contains parabens. I like St. Ives Black head clearing Green tea scrub more than the Simple brand scrub as it has more scrubbies in it, and it smells better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by laurenfaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this cleanser because I ran out of my Aveeno exfoliating face wash and I like to try new things. MISTAKE. This stuff stinks. I find myself holding my breath when I use it... It smells super chemical-y, like Windex. I also don't like the rice granules in it, they seem sharp and it can hurt to use it, even if I don't press hard. It doesn't dry my skin out too bad but it does have mineral oil as the second ingredient, plus some vegetable oil. I'm not surprised it breaks other people out. I think it works well enough, my face is nice and smooth, but the scent is awful and I will never buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product to keep in the shower when I ran out of my Clean & Clear exfoliator. My review is full of positives but I'm not effusively thrilled about the product. I'd buy it again, but I'm a pretty fickle buyer and would more likely try something else first. (Which might work against me!)

This is a VERY non-irritating exfoliator. Great for daily or near-daily use in the shower on my face and chest. My skin is pretty sensitive, and I use a lot of products that can play poorly with exfoliators (glycolic acids, retinols). This didn't irritate me or break me out at all.

But it's also....not a very special experience. Maybe I'm looking for too much in a product, but the scentlessness makes it boring. Non-irritating but boring. It was also pretty cheap, about $6 at Publix. Packaging is a tube that stays closed - good. Also, the tube is translucent so you can tell when you're running out. I think Simple products are often on sale at CVS.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I bought this along with a couple other things from this line (soothing toner and the replenishing rich moisturizer). I have to admit... the rice grain scrubs are a bit different and more gentle on my face than the St. Ives (apricot) one i was using prior to this. Unfortunately, i'm not a huge fan of this scrub. it does an OK job in exfoliating my skin, but i also felt it left a filmy residue on my skin (perhaps from the rice?). I kept rinsing my face, but still felt the film there. Too bad, my search for a good facial exfoliator continues!

Update - this scrub also made me break out. I'm guessing it's from the rice granules. They leave a filmy residue that i can't seem to get rid of. will be returning.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by carotan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was scared when I read all the negative reviews. But I went ahead and bought it because it promised to be a soft, gentle exfoliant with no chemicals. Since I have very sensitive, thin skin, I was looking for something that won't scrub or scrape like my current one by Ole Henriken. I used it once so far, but aside from the slightly plastic-ky smell, I really liked it! I just know that it left my face soft and it was not harsh.