Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer

2.8

Water, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Stearic acid, Kaolin, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Steareth-21, Salicylic acid, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Caffeine, Steareth-2, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, acetyl Glucosamine, Cellulose Gum, Magnesium aluminum Silicate, Silica, Xanthan Gum, aminomethyl Propanediol, Simethicone, Tocopheryl acetate, Disodium EDTa, Phenoxyethanol, Potasium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Iron Oxides(CI 77491,CI 77492,CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens(CI 77288), [ILN35218]

on 7/1/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Also adore this I have it in shade 2 which works well with my olive skin! Great coverage but not with the high price of developing or worsening a breakout! I very much like it :)

on 3/12/2015 6:44:00 PM

I've been an on and off user of this for 15+ years under different packaging and names.

So far, very good. I'm in my 40's now, still having breakouts and this is my goto concealer.

The only one and the best.

A caveat- you have to finish the tube (which can last forever) otherwise, it will harden
and render it useless. Always close the lid.

on 2/24/2015 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is the one product I would take with me on a deserted island.

This magnificent blemish concealer has saved me countless times and I have been using it since I can remember (it actually came in a pencil stick when I first bought it), yet it doesn’t get enough online credit. It is my makeup secret and the best blemish concealer I have ever tried.

Comes in 3 shades + a green one to conceal redness. I use both shades 1 and 2 according to if I’m tanned or not and which foundation I use. Mind you that shade 1 is very fair.

Why I love it so much:

Besides the Normaderm by Vichy one (not crazy about their colours…) it is the only concealer (to my knowledge) that is targeted for blemishes, both concealing and clearing them.
It blends beautifully with the skin.
It stays on really well.
See, the thing is, makeup concealers are usually made for dark circles, discoloration and so on and are too rich to use on top of blemishes (we don’t want to feed the blemish!). It is of course fundamental to moisturize the blemish otherwise the skin becomes flaky and the makeup won’t hold. But we should apply textures that are too nourishing on a blemish. Plus I find that “makeup” concealers don’t stay put as well and don’t conceal the blemish as much (even when powdered).

What it does:

Conceals, heals, clears and prevents blemishes
For all skin types

How to apply it:

I always conceal and apply the Clinique concealer after I have applied my blush & bronzer. Why? Because I have noticed that blushes always make blemishes “re-appear” even when they have been toned down thanks to foundation. It’s like it gives it back its color. So to avoid putting too many layers of concealers on and keeping it as invisible as possible, I conceal afterwards. And then I powder.
Use concealer brush, detailer brush or fingers to apply.
A must try to achieve flawless complexion.

One tube lasts FOREVER (!) there’s so much product in one tube and so little is needed that it is such a great value for money, even when you use it everyday.

Hope this review was helpful!
With style,

x M
www.marilicious.com

on 12/23/2014 10:31:00 AM

This concealer doesn't really work on raised breakout acne spots or pimples that are scabby/flaky. I does dry out the spot but doesn't help it heal. I have combination dry skin that is also sensitive thin and super acne prone. The lightest shade was great at blurring/covering redness but is super drying. My face become all dry and flaky all the minor acne spots that were healing got all flakey. There are only 3 shades I apply it underneath my foundation because apply it on top makes emphasizes the pimple. This is more of a color corrector. If only it wasn't so dry it would work better. Drying out pimples can leave it scabby and when the scab falls off it can leave a scar.

Have been using this product for 2 years and I don't know why it has so many negative reviews. I really love it. Here is why I believe it is a great concealer: PROS: ~ provides great coverage ~ is very blendable (although you have to blend quickly as it dries fast) ~ has a matte finish and is great for people who have pale skin (don't really know about the other shades as I am pale) and for people who have combination - normal skin ~ Very affordable price for a good concealer (around $20) ~ lasts long (around 2-3 months depending on if you use it everyday) ~ Won't breakout your skin. CONS: ~ can look cakey depending on the weather and humidity ~depending on your skin tone can look a tad too light (know from a friends experience) ~ easy to squirt too much out and thus easy to waste product ~ If not careful can look like you are wearing it (like if not careful it can look like you have it on as it dries very fast) ~ is a tad heavy, sometimes you can feel it on your skin. ALL IN ALL this concealer isn't bad and doesn't deserve the hate it receives. If you are looking for a concealer than has great coverage and is affordable then this is great for you.

The main thing that drew me to use this concealer is the "acne solution" part. I do breakout from some concealers, and this one definitely doesn't break me out. If I have a blemish, it doesn't help it clear up from my experience, but it doesn't break me out either.
If I wear it without a foundation, it loses the coverage and sometimes goes patchy by the end of the day. So I always put it on before my foundation, over any redness or blemishes. You usually only get like, literally 3 seconds to blend before it sets, which can be pretty annoying.
I continue to buy this just because I'm trying to look after my skin right now. But if I wasn't, I'd probably look around for something better!

on 2/16/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing coverage and very blendable when using a concealer brush. Never caused a breakout and actually dries any issues. My HG concealer.

on 1/9/2014 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is horrible.... The worst thing I've ever tried. Does not blend AT ALL, cakes up, dries fast, and sinks around and into your pores/blemish, also no clearing effect. The packaging is cute and the coverage is good ... but nothing else, it's seriously terrible.

UPDATE: I really wanted to find a way for this concealer to work because I love the idea and coverage of this. This works much better blended in with Sigmas F80, it blends great with this brush and also gives perfect coverage with no cakeyness or sinking (THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH YOUR FINGERS OR EVEN A SMALL CONCEALER/BUFFING BRUSH). I put this over my liquid foundation. I haven't tried it with just this and powder foundation yet but I have high exceptions for that now lol.

I'm changing my 1 rating to a 4 and I WOULD repurchase.

on 9/13/2013 8:09:00 PM

I actually really like this-I totally agree with people saying that it doesn't blend well- you've got about 5 seconds to start blending or it dries and is hard to budge!however this same feature is what makes it stick around for hours, it gives it amazing coverage. This never makes me break out unlike concealers of a similar coverage from other brands. Does it magic away the blemish- no, but no product works miracles. Clinique need to bring out some more shades though- at the moment I use shade 1 and then add a little of a slightly darker concealer by another brand

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I hate this concealer! I usually don't feel so strongly about products and I've used this for quite some time- i'm convinced it lasts forever!

I have acne prone skin so I wanted something that I felt like was semi-helping my blemishes under my foundation or powder. This did not help or hurt as far as my acne went but it looked awful and cakey no matter what foundation I used. For a while I was frustrated with my foundations and then I realized the common problem was whenever I used this concealer underneath!