I actually really like this-I totally agree with people saying that it doesn't blend well- you've got about 5 seconds to start blending or it dries and is hard to budge!however this same feature is what makes it stick around for hours, it gives it amazing coverage. This never makes me break out unlike concealers of a similar coverage from other brands. Does it magic away the blemish- no, but no product works miracles. Clinique need to bring out some more shades though- at the moment I use shade 1 and then add a little of a slightly darker concealer by another brand
I hate this concealer! I usually don't feel so strongly about products and I've used this for quite some time- i'm convinced it lasts forever!
I have acne prone skin so I wanted something that I felt like was semi-helping my blemishes under my foundation or powder. This did not help or hurt as far as my acne went but it looked awful and cakey no matter what foundation I used. For a while I was frustrated with my foundations and then I realized the common problem was whenever I used this concealer underneath!
I liked the idea of a concealer being anti blemish...afterall I don't want to irritate it further..
but it makes the pimple even worse! if i left it alone at least the pimple will stay small...maybe its part of the healing process, i dont know.
but too bad this is not for me. it just makes me break out even more.
and on the texture...it dries up really really quickly! i have to dab and spread it before it dries in like 5 seconds. i have tried leaving it on for a few minutes so it melts but i m usually in a hurry, so doesnt work for me either :S
When I first bought this concealer, I was really unimpressed, but I've since found some ways to make it work for me:
- I wear this concealer UNDER a powder foundation (Clinique Perfectly Real). It stays put under the foundation and looks more natural this way.
- Although it seems counter-intuitive, this concealer works best if you apply, let it sit for a minute or two, and then blend it in. When you first apply, it seems kind of flakey, but if you let it sit for awhile it becomes smoother and easier to blend. I usually use my finger to blend it in, but I have used a concealer brush and this worked ok too (again, as long as you let the concealer sit on your face for awhile before blending).
I do really like the packaging of this concealer and the fact that a little goes a long way. It doesn't magically eliminate blemishes but it does a decent job of drying them up. At least it's not making my breakouts worse, which is a problem I've had with other concealers. I'm sure there are better concealers out there, but I will keep using this for now because it's a good colour match for me, goes well with my foundation, and I know that it's not going to make me break out.
I absolutely hated this product. I love the acne solutions line, and when I was buying the cleanser I was given a sample of this to try - and let me tell you, was I happy I only got the sample. It is extremely sticky, unblendable, and looks awful by the end of the day. The colour also didn't watch me perfectly, so the one time I did wear it it looked like I had a bullseye on my face, although the clinique salesperson matched me. I could not comment on the clearing abilities, because I would never wear it again.
I love this concealer for it's coverage benefits but it does have some downfalls....
I have acne scars to my chin and get the odd breakout in the same area.
I have found that using foundation first and then putting this concealer on over the top gives much better coverage than doing it the other way around (which was recommended to me by the make up consultant). I then set it by applying face powder.
This is a heavy duty concealer and therefore, I believe, not suited to everyone.
This concealer needs to be applied with a brush, and quickly, as it dries super fast.
I put a small amount on the back of my hand and then build it up as required as a little goes a long way.
I use shade two which can be a bit orangey/cakey if you apply too much but the trick is to get the right shade, use a brush and blend blend blend! Once it is on, it stays put all day, unlike other concealers which have rubbed/melted off after a few hours.
A little goes a long way
Can be a tad cakey if too much is applied
Overall, I really like this concealer as it stays put and covers my scars and spots.
This was the first concealer I've tried. I liked the Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup because it didn't break me out. But this was the complete opposite! I broke out in almost all the spots where I applied this concealer. I returned it!! Would not recommend for people with oily, acne-prone skin.
I got this on sale and I decided to try it since it's especifically for blemishes. It covers the spots but it's very flaky and to help it blend better I mix it with a moisturizer. I will finish it but I will continue to look for a better concealer.
I got a large sample of this as I'm a fan of many other products in this line. The only reason I gave it a 1 is because it really does conceal spots & it stays on well - here are all the negatives:
1) CAKEY as heck! It looks as though I've applied skin colored spackle on to the spots I'm trying to conceal - thus causing more attention to be drawn to the area - there is not necessarily dryness to the areas I'm trying to conceal causing the cakiness (I thought that might be the issue).
2) Difficult to blend - due to the above cakiness it doesn't blend well, dries very quickly.
3) Limited color selection - from what I can see there are only 2 shades.
4) Drying - on the spots I've trialed it on it dries up the skin on and around the blemish (which I guess is good for some) and almost peels off like a scab - this tends to irritate the blemished area more IMO.
It just doesn't blend well.. and it dries too quick.. that's all I can say!