October 24, 2014 | 930 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by BabyDollB1tch

Have been using this product for 2 years and I don't know why it has so many negative reviews. I really love it. Here is why I believe it is a great concealer: PROS: ~ provides great coverage ~ is very blendable (although you have to blend quickly as it dries fast) ~ has a matte finish and is great for people who have pale skin (don't really know about the other shades as I am pale) and for people who have combination - normal skin ~ Very affordable price for a good concealer (around $20) ~ lasts long (around 2-3 months depending on if you use it everyday) ~ Won't breakout your skin. CONS: ~ can look cakey depending on the weather and humidity ~depending on your skin tone can look a tad too light (know from a friends experience) ~ easy to squirt too much out and thus easy to waste product ~ If not careful can look like you are wearing it (like if not careful it can look like you have it on as it dries very fast) ~ is a tad heavy, sometimes you can feel it on your skin. ALL IN ALL this concealer isn't bad and doesn't deserve the hate it receives. If you are looking for a concealer than has great coverage and is affordable then this is great for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaaelizabethh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The main thing that drew me to use this concealer is the "acne solution" part. I do breakout from some concealers, and this one definitely doesn't break me out. If I have a blemish, it doesn't help it clear up from my experience, but it doesn't break me out either.
If I wear it without a foundation, it loses the coverage and sometimes goes patchy by the end of the day. So I always put it on before my foundation, over any redness or blemishes. You usually only get like, literally 3 seconds to blend before it sets, which can be pretty annoying.
I continue to buy this just because I'm trying to look after my skin right now. But if I wasn't, I'd probably look around for something better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Amazing coverage and very blendable when using a concealer brush. Never caused a breakout and actually dries any issues. My HG concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is horrible.... The worst thing I've ever tried. Does not blend AT ALL, cakes up, dries fast, and sinks around and into your pores/blemish, also no clearing effect. The packaging is cute and the coverage is good ... but nothing else, it's seriously terrible.

UPDATE: I really wanted to find a way for this concealer to work because I love the idea and coverage of this. This works much better blended in with Sigmas F80, it blends great with this brush and also gives perfect coverage with no cakeyness or sinking (THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH YOUR FINGERS OR EVEN A SMALL CONCEALER/BUFFING BRUSH). I put this over my liquid foundation. I haven't tried it with just this and powder foundation yet but I have high exceptions for that now lol.

I'm changing my 1 rating to a 4 and I WOULD repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

I actually really like this-I totally agree with people saying that it doesn't blend well- you've got about 5 seconds to start blending or it dries and is hard to budge!however this same feature is what makes it stick around for hours, it gives it amazing coverage. This never makes me break out unlike concealers of a similar coverage from other brands. Does it magic away the blemish- no, but no product works miracles. Clinique need to bring out some more shades though- at the moment I use shade 1 and then add a little of a slightly darker concealer by another brand

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this concealer! I usually don't feel so strongly about products and I've used this for quite some time- i'm convinced it lasts forever!

I have acne prone skin so I wanted something that I felt like was semi-helping my blemishes under my foundation or powder. This did not help or hurt as far as my acne went but it looked awful and cakey no matter what foundation I used. For a while I was frustrated with my foundations and then I realized the common problem was whenever I used this concealer underneath!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by cheripie

I liked the idea of a concealer being anti blemish...afterall I don't want to irritate it further..
but it makes the pimple even worse! if i left it alone at least the pimple will stay small...maybe its part of the healing process, i dont know.
but too bad this is not for me. it just makes me break out even more.

and on the texture...it dries up really really quickly! i have to dab and spread it before it dries in like 5 seconds. i have tried leaving it on for a few minutes so it melts but i m usually in a hurry, so doesnt work for me either :S

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by lahappypanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this concealer, I was really unimpressed, but I've since found some ways to make it work for me:

- I wear this concealer UNDER a powder foundation (Clinique Perfectly Real). It stays put under the foundation and looks more natural this way.
- Although it seems counter-intuitive, this concealer works best if you apply, let it sit for a minute or two, and then blend it in. When you first apply, it seems kind of flakey, but if you let it sit for awhile it becomes smoother and easier to blend. I usually use my finger to blend it in, but I have used a concealer brush and this worked ok too (again, as long as you let the concealer sit on your face for awhile before blending).

I do really like the packaging of this concealer and the fact that a little goes a long way. It doesn't magically eliminate blemishes but it does a decent job of drying them up. At least it's not making my breakouts worse, which is a problem I've had with other concealers. I'm sure there are better concealers out there, but I will keep using this for now because it's a good colour match for me, goes well with my foundation, and I know that it's not going to make me break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by vhisko

I absolutely hated this product. I love the acne solutions line, and when I was buying the cleanser I was given a sample of this to try - and let me tell you, was I happy I only got the sample. It is extremely sticky, unblendable, and looks awful by the end of the day. The colour also didn't watch me perfectly, so the one time I did wear it it looked like I had a bullseye on my face, although the clinique salesperson matched me. I could not comment on the clearing abilities, because I would never wear it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by McBabe

I love this concealer for it's coverage benefits but it does have some downfalls....
I have acne scars to my chin and get the odd breakout in the same area.
I have found that using foundation first and then putting this concealer on over the top gives much better coverage than doing it the other way around (which was recommended to me by the make up consultant). I then set it by applying face powder.

This is a heavy duty concealer and therefore, I believe, not suited to everyone.
This concealer needs to be applied with a brush, and quickly, as it dries super fast.
I put a small amount on the back of my hand and then build it up as required as a little goes a long way.

I use shade two which can be a bit orangey/cakey if you apply too much but the trick is to get the right shade, use a brush and blend blend blend! Once it is on, it stays put all day, unlike other concealers which have rubbed/melted off after a few hours.

PROS :

Great coverage
A little goes a long way
Long lasting

CONS:

Can be a tad cakey if too much is applied

Overall, I really like this concealer as it stays put and covers my scars and spots.