September 22, 2014 | 1028 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Jazzclub 002 Purple Jazz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have jazzclub in 001. the colors are great for creating a smoky look. I took one lippie off because it does crease a bit. this is a limited edition but i said I would repurchase it to show that I really like the product. oh, and the packaging is so nice. i wish i had a clutch like that

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by marlon

Yesterday I bought this new baby and I am delighted. Very nice texture and colors that can be combined in various ways-from purple look to brown. Very trendy shades, ok applicators, and great mirror.
Package is vey interesting and elegant.
I think that nothing do not miss this combination and this is a wonderful look for fall and winter!
I belive that i wouldnt buy this again couse I will not spend it so quickly and Dior or somebody else will surprise us with something new so...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by dancepig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was a special palette offered by Nordstroms during their 2009 half-yearly anniversary. The packaging is beautiful. It comes in a black patent case with a faux togle flap looking front. It's called a "Total Eyelook Makeup Clutch" It actually opens like a book, albeit long-ways, and closes with a magnetic closing.

The palette contains one eye-brow color in "Sourcils" which is a taupey matte eye shadow type of product. I have actually used this as an eyeshadow, it's a nice gray/taupe color which is difficult to find! It's a bit too light for me for the brows and I have dark blonde hair.

There are no real names for the colors in the palettes, they are just naming them what they basically are (in french). There are four eye shadows included in this palette - one is matte, it's called "Fard Mat", and it's a dark plummy color. Two of the other three shadows are iridescent, one is an iridescent gray/lavender color, (both iridescent shadows are called "Fard Iridescent"), the other is a iridescent taupe (think "Tempting"). The final color of eyeshadow is called "Topcoat" and that's what it is, just a sparkly topcoat, not much color (in the pink/white family), but a lot of sparkle.

There is one liner in this palette, it's a creme liner, in the plum/wine color family, matte, and they just it "Liner" Not very creative in the names!

Finally, this palette comes with two double ended brushes - which are almost useful! If you're really stuck, you can actually use the bruses. One has an angled liner brush on one end with a very, very small eyeshadow brush on the other end. The other brush has the typical sponge applicator on each end. There is also a full size mirror on the top of this palette.

Is this a total eye look for me? Nope. The shadows are too iridescent and the matte shadow is too dark for an all-over the lid color for me. I tried using this for an evening look - but had to add some MAC Vanilla on the lid, near the inside corner of the eye, to make it a complete look.

However, it is a beautiful palette, I'm not sorry I purchased it, would just not re-purchase it even if I could. And, I'm not sure how long the liner will hold up before it dries out. There are no special provisions taken to help keep it moist. I have this since the end of July, it's now October and the liner is still good - so who knows? It might hold up for until Christmas - I hope so!