July 31, 2014 | 1933 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Curl Up & Dye

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

Oh my goodness. I'm flabbergasted by the bad reviews! This is one of my favorite mascaras along with Hard Candys ginormous lashes or something. I think the packaging is cute. So different than anything I've seen. Admittedly the wand is weird. It's this curved, non bristled brush that has a kind of tiny plastic zig zag things to separate your lashes. I have to wipe off a fair amount of excess product off the wand every time I use it which kind of sucks but obviously there's a lot of product so meh. But after I wipe off the wand on the opening of the tube a bit, it goes on my lashes beautifully! It seperates and elongates so nicely. I'm not too sure about much lifting going on as I always curl my lashes so no real comment there. I think people are a bit frightened of the wand and unsure as to how to use it, but honestly, once you figure it out, the result is so awesome. Super long, natural looking lashes. Doll like in a way but natural. For those who like that thick, kind of spider or clumpy look, this isn't going to get you that. If you're willing to play around with it and be patient, it's worth it, but then again if you're not okay with taking a little extra time, it's best to pass over this. But for me, all in all, the extra few seconds are worth it. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

I'm surprised at the bad reviews! I bought this cheapie at Walmart and for what you pay, it's great. On me, it had major staying power, it curled a bit (nothing dramatic but it definitely curled), it didn't flake and it really wasn't clumpy at all. I put on 3-4 coats of mascara usually. I would repurchase for sure. I also found the brush to be good, it got to ALL my lashes, and the packaging is cute. Works for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Ketol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So many bad reviews, I was prepared to hate this...but, I LOVE IT! This is almost HG for me. The brush, though odd, works absolute magic on my lashes. It doesn't flake on my aged skin. Makes my lashes long and wispy-ish, and so, so dark. Pure perfection!

A trick: Wipe the wand off on tissue before using and go very slowly through your lashes combing from the bottom up. I do this two or three times in a row and WOW! Great lashes, that last all day long!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Boy if the reviews for this aren't dead on! It's a flaky mess,I wouldn't even consider the wand a brush since there is just this weird curving thing w/no bristles. Just awful not only could I barely get any to apply w/the useless wand but,my product was chunky :( and lo and behold mere minutes after application there blue flecks under my eyes(my color is mr.right) really?!?! I renamed this product Mr.Wrong!!
Even if you do use another brush w/this the product itself is still terrible.
I do not recommend........

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Morikumo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst mascara I've ever bought, seriously. It is SO liquidy that it weighs down your lashes, and runs like nothing I've ever seen. I bought it for use on Halloween, but it never saw the holiday. The three test-runs I gave it were atrocious. I've never seen something so goopy as this. I don't have watery eyes, but just an average amount of moisture was enough to make this stuff run.

I can't believe it's still on the market. However, if you're going for a "just cried my eyes out" look without actually weeping, this would be excellent- all it takes is a blink.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The brush needs to be improved. It is useless and a waste to apply with the enclosed brush.
The smell is easily and clearly explained if one reads the ingredients-this mascara is acrylic based.
I quite liked it; it dried quickly and applied easily. My tube was not runny at all. I always have to curl my lashes regardless of mascara formula, and this one kept the curl quite well. I liked that it did not clump* assuming you use another brush.
Easily washed off without a remover needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by StarBlazerM31

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not really that good. The brush is horrid; I had to scavange a better brush from a clear mascara I was throwing away to apply this product with. Doesn't curl my lashes or dye them. Smells bad too. I do like how it emphasises my lower lashes tho, and I do like the color selection. But I don't like how runny and wet this product is. It's ruined my eyeshadow several times now. But I do like it when I wear it alone. I'd buy it again, but in a different color. I didn't have any problem with flakes; I clean my lashes before putting mascara on, so no problems there. Really pretty packaging. Just wish the folks at Hard Candy would improve the formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by jenlauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm always trying for a natural look and this mascara seemed to be advertised as a lash tint (4 day wear). The first time I tried it, it was goopy, watery and I thought the shape of the brush was meant to be a joke. After putting it aside for a few weeks, I tried it again after wiping off the excess product onto the opening of the tube. This time, it worked perfectly. I didn't even have to curl my lashes. Even without eyeliner, this mascara lengthened my lashes in 1 coat and did not flake! I promise!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by pcmcbride2

So i don't have a ton of lashes so i thought that if i dyed them instead of using mascara it would give them a a chance to grow back so i put this one using a different mascara brush (it is small rubber brushes that separate the lashes-cover girl lash blast
volume) http://img.makeupalley.com/2/7/9/9/2146925.JPG pic of mascara after sleeping with it on. - sorry i am not wearing any makeup except the mascara after all i did wake up.
http://img.makeupalley.com/2/7/9/9/2146926.JPG pic of brush used to apply mascara. If this mascara is used as a dye it works great but if it is used as a mascara then it probably wont be as good. Just make sure when you use it to apply a small amount and to separate the eyelashes for it to have the correct effect.
The curl up and dye mascara does not last four days it did come off my face once i washed it after i woke up but it was not as hard to wash off as people had made it sound, and it did last a day or more without flakes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Sweetlae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Downside to this; which I just hate. It actually gave me raccoon eyes one day. If you even just touch your lashes, the formula comes off. So it doesn't "stick" to your lashes well, and tends to melt easily. Sighh. It's not like a mascara at all.