April 18, 2014 | 1837 users online

Polishes - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Nail Lacquer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this polish in Naked White. I love white polishes. This is a nice white - not too white and not too yellow. Everything else is the problem. This went on very streaky and did not look good color wise until 3 coats. 3 coats is too much with this thick polish. The bottle and brush itself felt awkward in my hand. I found the brush hard to use. I took this off and tried a NYC polish I had and it was so much easier to apply. This is a big waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Collyermum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Chocolate Crave. This looks like a lovely chocolate colour in the bottle, but turns out to be more of a dark vampy chocolate/red on the nail. It takes 3/4 coats to be opaque and is quite a thin but sticky consistency. It doesn't cover imperfections in the nail very well, nor does it build up to a very good opaque colour and is hard to apply evenly because of the stickiness.

Overall, I love the cute bottle but was disappointed that the colour on the nail was much redder than I expected. The polish is only of average quality, and for a premium price I would have expected much better. I'm not wild about Chanel polishes either but they are better than this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by stev9079

I got this nail polish in Wild Storm. There is a great color selection. However, the formula of the nail polish is not so great. It goes on thin and grainy. Its hard to get a smooth application with this nail polish and you have to do more than one coat. For 19 dollars a bottle I would expect a smooth application. There are better nail polishes out there for less, like OPI...or if you want something more high end I'd go with Chanel, which is a little bit pricier but has much better performance. Such a shame because I love the colors and the bottles that the Estee Lauder ones come in :(.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not reviewing a specific color...but just the product as a whole. This nail polish stinks. For almost $20, I expect it to last more than 2 hours...but it does not live up to even that expectation. I've never had anything chip faster, which sucks, because the color is beautiful. Save your money!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried the shade Rose Gold. Beautiful color inside and out but the smell lingered on my nails long after it was dry. It was very overwhelming. I like the square packaging though...very classy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Someone gave me a bottle of this, in the Shimmering Pink shade. It looks great in the bottle, but...

This is the worst smelling nail polish I've ever used. Really. I'm not normally bothered by the smell of nail polishes but this was just awful.

It came out thick and oddly chalky, and wouldn't go on smooth. I had to use 3-4 very very careful coats for it to look nice. I just don't think any polish should take this much effort, especially one that's this expensive, for such a tiny amount.

Glad I didn't actually pay for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by some1ukno

This nail polish is really not worth the price! I wrote a review about this product on EL but apparently they didn't post my honest opinion. In general, I love EL and I offer nothing but compliments. Nevertheless this nail polish just really sucks :(. It is super runny, takes a lot time to dry. Not that shiny either...looks kind of chalky. I will never buy this product ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by taybear96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Rose Blush and I really love it. It's a soft peachy pink-ish nude color. It goes on sheer with light shimmers in it. It is quite expensive but really good quality. My HG Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I got this polish at my local CCO for just $13 instead of retail price $18 which is ridiculous for a nail polish. I got it in Red Tango and it's a true red nail polish which I almost always go for. I love red nail polish. I normally go for OPI but that tends to thicken after half way through the bottle so it's quite frustrating to apply. I have no way of telling if this will do the same because I just got it yesterday. However, I notice one coat is efficient to achieve the color on the bottle which is great! It dries fairly quickly. I love it so far and will update if it will chip easily or not. I also use Seche Vite as top coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by mmazina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Amethyst. I will start off with saying that I bought a huge traincase of Estee Lauder Products and this was one of the two polishes that were inside. The Amethyst color is beautiful, both in the bottle and on my nails. It's a shimmery rich looking lavender/purple, the best way I can describe it is a nice purple with gold shimmer throughout. Despite the nice color, the brush is tiny and barely reaches halfway inside of the bottle, and sadly it takes forever to dry. OPI & Essie nailpolishes never take this long, and I use a fast drying top coat. After doing a base coat, two coats, and a fast drying top coat (like I always do), I sat around for two hours before going to bed only to wake up with indents on my nails. No dice, Estee Lauder. When purchasing nail polishes, I'm going to stick to the pros.