Estee Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer

3.3

Butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, nitrocellulose, tosylamide/epoxy resin, acetyl tributyl citrate, isopropyl alcohol, triphenyl phosphate, stearalkonium bentonite, phthalic anhydride/trimellitic anhydride/glycols copolymer, styrene/acrylates copolymer, silica, benzophenone 1, diacetone alcohol, phosphoric acid may contain (+/-):black 2, red 7, iron oxides, green 6, manganese violet, yellow 5 lake, chromium oxide greens, carmine, bismuth oxychloride, aluminum powder, red 17, yellow 10 lake, blue 1 lake, red 34 lake, violet 2, red 30, ultramarines, guanine, ferric ferrocyanide, titanium dioxide, ferric ammonium ferrocyanide, mica.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bought this in shade OK Nouveau Riche a year or two ago. Wore it once. Promptly bought five more bottles in case they discontinue it!

The downsides:
It does go gloopy after a few months
You can't get it all out of the bottle because the brush doesn't go in far enough
It takes three coats to get a good opaque build up of glitter (although I have it in non glitter shades too, and they only need two coats)

The plus points:
Glitter! It's the best gold glitter I've found, really multidimensional, sparkling iridescently through the rainbow
Doesn't chip for days
The bottle is just beyond beautiful

Honestly, the normal shades I have are fine, they're just good, standard colours. But Nouveau Riche is a colour every girl should own!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For Christmas I was given an Estee Lauder gift set and the polish "Fallen Angel" was included. Despite all the bad reviews I finally figured I'd give it a try. And I'm really glad I did!
I was nervous that the color wouldn't look how it was in the bottle, but it truly matched perfectly! A sexy, dark red blood color. It just took 2 layers to get the polish to the perfect coverage on my nails. The brush was a lot shorter than I'm used to, so that was a bit frustrating at first, but I quickly adapted. The polish dried super fast! Within 10-15 minutes my nails were dry and ready to go. I've been wearing it now for 4 days and it's still shiny and hasn't chipped!

UPDATE: This lasted for 8 days without chipping. And it still stayed shiny and fresh looking that entire period. And was very easy to remove!

on 11/20/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Estee Lauder products, but their nail polish is too expensive. The bottle is beautiful, but the quality is not there. It does apply easily and it is glossy and beautiful. But the entire nail color will chip off completely. Other polishes a corner might chip off, but this chips off like it was just peeled off. This is too high maintenance of a nail polish.

on 7/19/2014 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my all time favey ravey nail color. It lasts for me far beyond any other nail polish. My favorite was lilac leather -- I bought every bottle I could find and then put in a favorite search on eBay for more. I'm not thrilled with many of the other colors, but this -- this was wonderful. While it lasted.

on 7/11/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good polish but not worth 25.00 CAD$$. Essie, Revlon, OPI are all as good at half the price. For that reason unless you are in love with the color and can't live without it, don't buy them. The company should learn that we will pay. I would say 15.00 would be reasonable for a Lauder polish but 25.00...well we say NO

on 10/23/2012 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried this polish in Naked White. I love white polishes. This is a nice white - not too white and not too yellow. Everything else is the problem. This went on very streaky and did not look good color wise until 3 coats. 3 coats is too much with this thick polish. The bottle and brush itself felt awkward in my hand. I found the brush hard to use. I took this off and tried a NYC polish I had and it was so much easier to apply. This is a big waste of money.

on 9/21/2011 11:06:00 AM

I have this in Chocolate Crave. This looks like a lovely chocolate colour in the bottle, but turns out to be more of a dark vampy chocolate/red on the nail. It takes 3/4 coats to be opaque and is quite a thin but sticky consistency. It doesn't cover imperfections in the nail very well, nor does it build up to a very good opaque colour and is hard to apply evenly because of the stickiness.

Overall, I love the cute bottle but was disappointed that the colour on the nail was much redder than I expected. The polish is only of average quality, and for a premium price I would have expected much better. I'm not wild about Chanel polishes either but they are better than this one!

on 8/12/2011 3:02:00 AM

I got this nail polish in Wild Storm. There is a great color selection. However, the formula of the nail polish is not so great. It goes on thin and grainy. Its hard to get a smooth application with this nail polish and you have to do more than one coat. For 19 dollars a bottle I would expect a smooth application. There are better nail polishes out there for less, like OPI...or if you want something more high end I'd go with Chanel, which is a little bit pricier but has much better performance. Such a shame because I love the colors and the bottles that the Estee Lauder ones come in :(.

on 5/17/2011 1:21:00 PM

I'm not reviewing a specific color...but just the product as a whole. This nail polish stinks. For almost $20, I expect it to last more than 2 hours...but it does not live up to even that expectation. I've never had anything chip faster, which sucks, because the color is beautiful. Save your money!

on 1/11/2011 6:59:00 PM

I tried the shade Rose Gold. Beautiful color inside and out but the smell lingered on my nails long after it was dry. It was very overwhelming. I like the square packaging though...very classy.

Popular Polishes