July 25, 2014 | 1915 users online

Mascara - Prestige - My Blackest Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've come round in a circle with this mascara. When I got it I thought "Wow, this is nice, I really like this". Then I started to find it too wet, liquidey and it was far too easy to get those messy smudges when you blink and you get mascara on your lids - then have to right your eyeshadow etc...That's a pain in the butt lol. So I left it and only reached for it in a hurry or to change/use things up.
Something changed, my lashes got longer and healthier which may have something to do with it, or perhaps it dried out a little...but I started to really like this. It is, indeed, very black, and gives great length and volume. Something that also definitely affected my new appreciation for it was bending the head of the wand to the side. If you've never tried this, you can still get it easily back into the tube it works fab with some mascaras. This really works with My Blackest Lashes to give you perfect positioning - it means you can get full extension,volume and coverage for each and every lash from corner to corner. It also helps you get lovely bottom lashes. The bending also helps prevent that mishap smudging I mentioned. You have far more control over the wand.
It's still pretty liquidy (at least it doesn't dry out easily) but once it dries it stays slick and moist. Doesn't leave you with lash-crunch at the end of the day and it removes easily, which is a big plus for me. I love blackness and drama, but hate the task of getting that off at night. It also doesn't smudge or transfer for me. So overall, it's a good affordable mascara. I like to mix it up, and eek out my expensive YSL Faux Cils. As drugstore mascaras go, this is a goodie. Try the flex and bend! ; )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I adore this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look awesome and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. It also isn't stiff. This isn't a "fancy"/high tech mascara, but it makes my lashes look lush and long. It doesn't impart huge amounts of volume, but it does add some. It is just a nice, basic black mascara that I've been reaching for over my other mascaras.

I have a pretty decent eyelashes, but I like to add mascara when I want to make my eyes look bigger. I have nice eyelashes, but tiny little eyes. So I'm all about mascaras that add length....and always appreciate volume. This mascara won't give you the look of false lashes, but it will make you look like you have nice long lashes. And it is pretty easy to apply multiple layers without clumping. I even find it layers nicely many hours later. So you can easily freshen it up.

I will warn that like most mascaras this does transfer a bit when it gets hot. It is not as bad as some mascara I have used. In my experience most mascaras do this to me. I must have "long" lashes or something. Who knows!

I'm not sure how well this holds a curl. I seemed to have lucked out in the eyelash lottery and got nicely curled lashes naturally.

I usually buy Maybelline mascaras and really like them, but I'm always looking to try new things. I think if you like Maybelline mascaras you might be interested in trying this mascara out. I will definitely be buying more Prestige My Blackest Lashes in the future....I might even try some of the other mascaras by this brand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

i like my lashes to really pop when i use mascara since i use little to no other makeup and this just didn't do that for me. this mascara darkened my lashes, added some emphasis to my lashes (little volume, little length), and held my curl decently when first applied... but it didn't give me the "wow" effect. it smudged a bit as the day went on but didn't flake. i also found that it seemed to fade a bit and uncurl significantly throughout the day that by the end of the day my lashes looked worse for the wear. i found this to be especially true when the weather is hot and/or humid. the tube also seemed to have dried out quickly (and no, i don't pump the wand in and out excessively). it's definitely not the worst mascara i've used, but i'm not at all impressed with it either. i can use this in a pinch and if i'm only going to be out and about for a few short hours, but that's about it. will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by mellymel11

I purchased this mascara for $6.49 at rite aid because of a beauty guru on YouTube. She was comparing it to GA eyes to kill.
trying it the first say i am not impressed..there is no stopper on the neck of three tube to remove the excess product. There are blobs off it covering the brush..i had to scrape the brush against the tube four times before even thinking to coat my lashes.
When i started coating my lashes it started clumping...no surpris because there still too much product on the brush. There was definitely thickening and darking my lashes and i like that it is a wet formula...but after two hours of wear there was smudging. Not a fan will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

I like big dramatic lashes so for me this mascara wouldn't do the trick on its own. The formula is wet and easily glides onto lashes. The brush is medium/big and the bristles apply an equal amount to lashes so clumping is not and issue. I would have said this is a great layering mascara IF.. It didn't flake. Mascara a do not normally flake on me but this mascara does and that's a bummer. So I would not repurchase this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Lisamarieann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this product all 5's! After spending a fortune on mascara I have finally found the perfect one! It doesn't clump at all, and one coat is more than enough for me. I used to always have to curl my lashes, but sometimes if I'm running late I can totally get away with not curling them with this mascara. It perfectly applies to all my lashes and adds the perfect amount of volume. The only thing I found wrong with it was that a lot comes out on the brush. I'd recommend wiping the brush on the tip of the tube, and problem solved! This mascara is most comparable to bare minerals, but for more than half the price. So worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a hard product to review because I absolutely hate it, but would definitely recommend it to someone else. So this is "the thing". It gives my lashes a really nice look - adds nice volume and length. It is not dramatic nor does it impart just an every day look to my lashes, it just really nicely enhances the way my lashes look. The brush is a nice big brush and the bristles are relatively soft. My issue with this mascara is that I find the formula to be like glue on my lashes. Being a more mature woman, I hate the idea of having to rub and tug on my eye to remove mascara. I have purchased this mascara twice, and both times I ended up throwing it away in a matter of weeks. I really want to love it, but I don't feel it is worth the damage I have to do to my eye to remove it every day. Those are my thoughts on this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by honu66

I bought this because of the hype on YT and the reviews here, however, I am on the opposite side...sorry Ladies! This one clumps and crumbles when I blink and it feels like dust and sand falling into my eyes all day! I just want to take it off as soon as I put it on. To be fair, it does go on thick and black, so it does add volume...not length, and it clumps together, so I have to comb through it later. I am not a fan and I will not re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by plmcdreamy

This is my favorite drug-store mascara. My lashes are pretty long but somewhat lacking in the fullness department. This mascara goes on easily, is heavily pigmented, and adds length and volume to my lashes. It does, however, have a tendency to clump, so that's why I took off a lippie. Make sure to wipe all of the excess off the brush before applying. I have several expensive mascaras in my personal makeup (use this one in my kit, mainly) and I always find myself going to this one. It's just...easy. It doesn't budge on me. Good stuff for the low price. I get it at Ulta.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is very black. It would probably make a good finishing mascara used to add color. On it's own, it's not that impressive. It doesn't do much for length or volume. And I noticed a lot of clumping while applying the second coat of mascara. I had to comb out the lashes to make them look presentable. This also smells pretty terrible. I think L'oreal Carbon Black is much better.