April 18, 2014 | 1876 users online

Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Intense Hydrator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by diana33dayman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a really great product to keep my hair healthy and shiney. I wish it comes in a bigger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by debs328

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Intense Hydrator is my HG of treatments! I always buy the 1000ml now so that I always have it. I love experimenting with new shampoos/conditioners but if I try a new shampoo, I always try it alongside this treatment because I always know what to expect!

I have very coarse damaged hair and I find this very heavily moisturises my hair. My hair tends to be quite dry towards the ends so this works really well for me...it may not work so well for people with more oily hair as it's quite heavy.

But for me, this is the best thing ever! I still buy other conditioners to play around with because it's fun, but I'll always come back to K-Pak.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by patience09

I didn't like it when I first used the product on its own, didn't think it did much for my hair at all, but then i tried it after washing my hair and before conditioning it and now I really like it. First I wash my hair and then I leave this product in my hair for around 5 minutes and then I rinse it out and condition it as usual and then I usually just let my hair air dry. I love how soft and bouncy it makes my hair, it has now become a staple product in my hair care routine. I use it once or twice a week so it will probably last me a good 4 months or so. Its not a HG product or anything but I do really like it and will continue to purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for $2 in clearance at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. I bought 2 as those were the only ones left. I have fine, wavy, coloured blonde hair that tends to get very dry. I use this once a week after I shampoo with my a clarifying shampoo. I leave it in for an hour or so to really sink into my hair. After I rinse it out, my hair is very soft and shiny and it feels moisturized. It's not a miracle product, my hair is still kinda dry but it's one of the best deep conditioners I've tried. I don't intend on finding this product for $2 again but I am pretty sure I will keep buying it for a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by KKKarinaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Joico products are excellent but they are too expensive for daily uses. I only use this before any special dates or events. I wish their products are cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by buzz22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this hair product and use it at least once a week. I have quite fine hair but lots of it so find that this conditioning product is perfect for controlling frizz and keeping my hair soft. Makes my hair appear really shiny and moisturized so would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in love with this treatment conditioner. I've never paid this kind of money for a hair product but this one is definitely worth the expense as I colour my hair professionally every 6-8 weeks so a good conditioning treatment is a must for me.
The texture is nice and creamy (but not too thick) and works well into my hair. I leave it in for about 3 minutes and it leaves my hair feeling very soft, smooth and silky. My highlights look more vibrant because of the shine this gives my hair. (I've gotten lots of compliments on hair)
I use this treatment twice a week and follow it with a regular conditioner.
If you chemically treat your hair, this treatment will do wonders to keep it looking healthy and beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really believe this product works! I used it after kpak reconstruct shampoo and conditioner and my hair felt incredibly soft, shiny and smooth. I have very dry ends due to bleaching and this really made a significant difference to the condition.

The packaging is great ( i personally love tubes) and so is the price. I treat my hair with a moisture treatment every 2-3 weeks so I think this is worth it even though it is a bit more expensive than other alternatives.

I gave it a rating of 4 lippies because im not in love with the fragrance. Not bad by any means but not wonderful like kpak reconstructive treatment.

Overall, extremely worth it. A good tip is using it with a tangle teezer to minimise product wastage!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I managed to score a small tube of this from Ulta with my coupon for really cheap. It has a melon like fruity scent which is nice and is very thick and creamy in consistency. I clarified my hair, applied it and left it in for about five minutes, and rinsed. It has great slip and moisturized very well, although I can see this being a bit too heavy now and will conserve it for the colder months. It boosts the curls at the nape of my neck so I know the product is not just sitting on my hair. I also do well with protein based treatments every now and then. My hair is left very soft. Frizz seems to be reduced, especially around my hair line. Overall, it deserves a lot of its praise and is perfect for those that have color-treated hair. My hair is highlighted and has a tendency towards frizz and dryness. I have a medium texture with normal to high porosity for reference. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I had written a review of this back when I had written a review of the Aquage strengthening shampoo from the Sea Extend line. But I didn't.
For reference, I have very fine, thin, hair. :(

Anyway...I use the above shampoo with the Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator as my conditioner.

I discovered this after putting my hair through hell by getting pale, baby-blonde highlights in my dark, already color-treated hair. My hair was dry & brittle from coloring it, then stripping it, plus using a flatiron almost every day. I was scared I had really fried my hair to the point that I thought I might have to cut about 3 inches off. Someone recommended this & within 3 uses I could tell a noticeable difference. My hair was soft & smooth. After two weeks, my hair regained a substantial amount of elasticity. I was able to keep most of my length (I ended up only having to cut an inch off instead of 3). I have been using this conditioner for a year now & bought the liter bottle a few weeks ago because I know I will continue to use this for a long time, which is unusual for me, as I tend to flip back & forth between shampoos & conditioners after a few weeks or months, depending. I must have at least 10 half used bottles of shampoo & conditioner in my cabinet. I don't wash my hair every day (my scalp is not oily), I usually can go every other day or sometimes even a third day, depending on various factors. I have the 8.5 oz tube of this & still have not reached the end of it. Just by feel, I think I have about 1/3 of a tube left. As I said, my hair is thin & fine, so it doesn't take much product, even though my hair is about an inch past my shoulders.

I can't believe I didn't review this awesome product sooner.