January 27, 2015 | 967 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Intense Hydrator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2015 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have gone back and forth between the macadamia Deep Repair Masque and the Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm from Joico a few times, but didn't feel like I was really pleased in the "OMG, my hair feels so repaired!" department. The masque from Macadamia did make my hair shiny, my goodness I loved the effect it had, but it also contains a lot of silicones and alcohol, so I didn't feel like it repaired it as much as it tricked me into believing it was actually taking care of my hair. The Moisture Recovery Balm from Joico's Moisture range was nice, but not nourishing enough for my liking. I have stick straight hair that has a natural shine to it, but no matter how nice your hair is, it need some serious TLC when growing it long like I do. So when I found out that the K-pack range from Joico had a pure moisturizing masque available, I immediately clicked it home. Because come on, the Deep Reconstructor is amazing, so why should this fail me?

Aaaand I ended up loving it. It has the consistency of a thick cream, but not as thick as the Macadamia masque. The Recovery Treatment balm is more... balm-ish, hence the name I guess. Anyway, this stuff is easy to work into your hair, and you don't need a lot. Like, a dime sized amount, and I have long hair, so it's cost effective. The smell of this is pleasant, not strong, nor non existent. It's nice enough to be noticeable when you put it in, but not strong enough that you'll smell it after you rinse it out.

I use it about once a week since I don't have that much damage or an extreme lack of moisture, and since it just has moisturizing properties, then you can use it as often as you like. If you have super damaged hair and feel like using it every time you shower - knock yourself out. It may weigh down your hair a bit if you use it too often, but it will not cause any harm to the strands. I just leave it in for about 5 minutes if I'm in a hurry - 15 to half an hour if I'm just bumming around the house either way. Then I rinse it out and apply a conditioner, rinse again, and voila! My hair feels super soft without being heavy or greasy. Some hair treatments leave your hair feeling very heavy and dirty because it contains too much silicones, but this does none of that.

The reason I really like this masque is because not only does it make my hair soft right after I rinse it out or the day after, the effect is lasting and makes a difference in how my hair behave. With other masks I often find myself losing the shiny and healthy effect after a short couple of days, but this makes a lasting difference and builds up moisture and prevents frizz. If you have recently dyed your hair, had a perm, or bleached it, then you should buy this and the Deep Reconstructor from the same brand. It will completely change your hair, and build it up after the damage it may have taken from being chemically treated.

Oh, and buy this stuff online you guys. Especially if you live in Europe, Joico is ridiculously priced at the hairdressers in my country. I got it for half the price online, and couldn't be happier I decided to click it home rather than buying it in a salon.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 1:28:00 AM More reviews by esorbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this on a discount rack at Rite Aid so wasn't expecting much but I checked the reviews and they were good so I got it. I washed with a clarifying shampoo and let it sit for about 5 minutes (bonus, it smells awesome) and let my hair air dry. My hair was SO silky smooth and it smelled delicious. It wasn't the best product I've ever used but it was pretty good. I'd buy it again but not at the usual expensive price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by applebrown78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brought the small bottle out of curiosity at Ulta. I have naturally thick/dense African American hair. For some strange I decided I want dark purple umbre...the kicker is that i had to lift my hair...using Joicos FABULOUS Colbert BLUE (thats another review)

In short it does a good job keeping my ends moisturized after the trauma dying can do!
Pros: It does what it says it does and I am a loyal fan
Cons: Expensive...now go back to the pros.

If I am lucky I'll find a big bottle at Marshalls/Ross/TjMaxx
otherwise a girl has to do what she has to do...take care of her hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by KayLynn4488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I purchased this a lng time ago on an impulse buy(it was of course on sale at th maxx) . I'm a product junkie so I literally have 100s of deep conditioner, so this one I never got around to trying it till a few months ago. I washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo got out the shower and applied to towel dry hair combed it through let sit for 10 minutes under a shower cap and rinsed with cold water. OMG THIS STUFF IS MY HOLY HOLY GRAIL OF HAIR TREATMENTS. I've totally given up on everything in my hair care routine because this is all I will ever need. No leave ins serums nothing! I love the tube it so much easier if i happen to want to use in shower. It smells amazing to me almost fruity like a melon or watermelon. It has a nice thick like creamy consistency. Not really thick just thick enough you know its not a regular conditioner. It feels silky goin in and gets tangles so easily. And when rinsed it rinses clean but so damn silky. I wash my hair at night and put in a bun to sleep wet and in the morning ai have beautiful shiny silky waves! I think its well worth the price I paid which was 14 but still at regular price its only 20 and I def would purchase it again at an even higher price because it substitutes all other products i would be using. Love this stuff. Highly highly recommend! ......btw i have burgundy color treated hair thats semi damaged very dry , finer strands but very thick and long. Only use heat maybe a couple times a month....color every 4 weeks or so

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

I got the travel size bottle of this to try it out and relly liked it. Now I have the full size bottle. One use of this and your hair feels soft and smooth. I am very impressed. I think this is the best product of the KPAK line. I reccomend this for anyone with damaged and color treated hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product killed my hair and turned it into straw - too much protein for my hair which is thin, highlighted, straightened and blow dried. When I went to a hairdresser who was washing my hair, she could "see" that my hair was "thirsty". So now I stay away from products that boast "protein".

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kickingirl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. This is the only conditioner that has ever worked for my fine, thin hair. I have only used it for 2 weeks, but each time it leaves my hair so soft and vibrant. I get compliments on my hair now. I'm hoping it doesn't build up (due to the protein) and it continues to give me the same results!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by debs328

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Intense Hydrator is my HG of treatments! I always buy the 1000ml now so that I always have it. I love experimenting with new shampoos/conditioners but if I try a new shampoo, I always try it alongside this treatment because I always know what to expect!

I have very coarse damaged hair and I find this very heavily moisturises my hair. My hair tends to be quite dry towards the ends so this works really well for me...it may not work so well for people with more oily hair as it's quite heavy.

But for me, this is the best thing ever! I still buy other conditioners to play around with because it's fun, but I'll always come back to K-Pak.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by patience09

I didn't like it when I first used the product on its own, didn't think it did much for my hair at all, but then i tried it after washing my hair and before conditioning it and now I really like it. First I wash my hair and then I leave this product in my hair for around 5 minutes and then I rinse it out and condition it as usual and then I usually just let my hair air dry. I love how soft and bouncy it makes my hair, it has now become a staple product in my hair care routine. I use it once or twice a week so it will probably last me a good 4 months or so. Its not a HG product or anything but I do really like it and will continue to purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for $2 in clearance at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. I bought 2 as those were the only ones left. I have fine, wavy, coloured blonde hair that tends to get very dry. I use this once a week after I shampoo with my a clarifying shampoo. I leave it in for an hour or so to really sink into my hair. After I rinse it out, my hair is very soft and shiny and it feels moisturized. It's not a miracle product, my hair is still kinda dry but it's one of the best deep conditioners I've tried. I don't intend on finding this product for $2 again but I am pretty sure I will keep buying it for a long time!