October 21, 2014 | 1161 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - #211

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As lipsticks go, MUFE is a great innovator of color. I bought #211 in the summer and used it a lot. I put it aside because it is a deep fuschia/berry shade which I felt looked grand with my summer clothing and accessories.

I did a grey eye with black liner and dug this out of my lipstick drawer and WHAM.. a winner yet again!

In the summer I love mattes and use a gloss on top (I had used MAC's Magnifique with it a lot).. I do this so that the color doesn't ride all over the place in the heat and it works well for me. In the cooler months, matte lippies can be horribly drying so you do need a conditioned lip and a balm on top if you want to keep the unshiny matte look -- which is what I was after.

The color is perfect imo. The texture is matte but glides on easily on conditioned lips. After I use my LM Berry balm on top, it looks matte but feels ultra soft.

I don't find the price of MUFE extravagant, but their packaging could be a bit more elegant.. then again, the difference in price between MUFE and MAC is about $ 5.00 or 4.50 ... give or take. MUFE is rarely found on EBAY, so one must bite the bullet and buy at the big S store.

This is going to be one of my staple colors as it works beautifully with my pale skin.

Highly recommended.