July 30, 2014 | 1951 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Renew & Lift Brightening Powder With Minerals

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I see other people say this is a finely milled silky powder but I think its a dry, coarsely milled texture. When swatched on skin I could see a slight golden pearl radiance but on my face it gave a dull flat matte appearance and looked a bit cakey in the dry spots. Good things about it is its high coverage and average to good oil control compared to what I've used on my oily skin, around 4 hours. Ivory #100 is very similar to the matching shade of foundation, both are too dark and slightly orange on me but I am very fair. I think it would suit fair to light oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by maneetaum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great powder!
I've used up 5 of these so far and will still repurchace :)
Pros
-Sets foundation well
-Light weight
-Keeps skin looking vibrant and glowing
-Mattifying
-Silky to the touch

Cons
-If you use it everyday it would run out quite fast
-At first it has the potent smell
-Not enough colour selection
-Packaging is quite bulky

Overal it's a cheap yet high quality powder and I love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by redpeachlips

i love this product..before this i have problems such as whenever my skin getting oily after rushing out to class i tried to reapply the powder so that my face could be less oily, too bad all products that i've tried b4 will ruined my makeup entirely. my skin will be cakey, plus with the multi-layered-powder kind of look, i will looked ridiculous.but then when i am using this product this is like the best powder ever.the powder is very light and fine..n whenever my face getting all sweaty i just reapply the powder without any problems.my skin looks natural n radiant.. :) love love love

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by integritybites

Just wanted to put down the ingredients of this product, since it's not listed.

Saw this in a drugstore today and a friend passed me one of hers 100, which was too yellow for her pink and slight olive undertones.

Was googling and managed to find the ingredients in a pdf file on Rimmel London's website.

RENEW AND LIFT PRESSED POWDER
INGREDIENTS: TALC, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE,
OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, ZINC STEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL
GLYCOL, SORBIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, LAUROYL LYSINE, METHICONE,
DISODIUM EDTA [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491,
CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM
LAKE (CI 19140), FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 15985), MANGANESE
VIOLET (CI 77742)].

Initial impressions - casing is ok, not terribly great, slightly on the plasticky side. Colour selection slightly limited and mostly for medium - darker skintones. Texture is ok but goes on pretty smooth.

Will revise this review once I've tested mine out.

Pricing - could be cheaper in Singapore!

ETA: Tested it out today, over sunscreen and concealer. This has light coverage that isn't buildable. Perfect as a finishing powder or someone that needs just light coverage. Gives the skin a velvety matte look when applied. The shade 100 is yellow based and somewhat translucent, so it suits my NC 25 - 30 skintone too, as well as fairer ladies. Oil control was pretty decent about 3 hours before my nose went slightly shiny.

Touching up was easy and no caking. The trick is not to load on too much of the powder on the face.

Scentwise I don't really sniff anything.

Will stock up.

I've revised the rating from a 3 to a 4. 1 Lippie off because of the casing that isn't hardy enough to throw around in your bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by yokki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where is the radiance? Where is the brightening effect???
This makes my skin deadly matte which I hate. This powder takes away the natural glow which my Nars sheer glow foundation gives to my face. I just wanted something to set my make up. I don't like matte look. My skin is already dry. This powder makes my skin look lifeless. If you're looking for a powder to give radiant look, stay away from this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have this in Soft Beige (200). It's a little pink for me, but it somehow works as the next shade up was WAY too dark for me. The foundation gives me okay coverage, not too heavy which is good as I'm not into the heavy makeup look. It evens out my skintone nicely when I apply it with a kabuki and ends up giving me a light coverage. It doesn't oxidise on me which is a bonus! :) I use this mostly to touch up throughout the day and it does a pretty good job. It's pretty good as a setting powder too. The powder is extremely soft so gives your skin that silky smooth feel. One thing I didn't like about this was the smell of the foundation, so I took a lippy off for that as it's quite strong, and also the packaging. The mirror is in the inside of the compact underneath the foundation so you have to flip back and forth to get to the foundation and then look in the mirror which can be a bit of a pain. Other than that, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finally a pressed powder I like.
I had my trouble finding one that I could also use on the go.
This one has a mirror, which was major important to me, and a sponge. Though i have to say I was a bit irritated by the sponge first cause it's more like one to apply foundation than a powder sponge, but I got used to that.
I like the colour range, cause with pale skin it is difficult to find any skin products that fit decently. This one does.
It also gives good coverage without feeling heavy on the skin and gives a perfect matte finish.
I'm highly impressed and will repurchase it defenitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by aalmu90

I was expecting to see a lot more reviews on this product, but it may be because it has not been released everywhere yet. On to the powder, i really enjoy this product. I've been using it for 2 months now and love it! I use this as a setting powder for my foundation AND on good face days i wear it on its own giving me light coverage. I like that it's actually a brightening powder (which is why i initially bought it) I really do feel that my face looks brighter and healthier. It's also enriched with minerals, for those who are into mineral makeup. I would have give this a 5 if it wasn't for the awful scent. It has this weird chemical scent, which is really annoying! Also the packaging is very fragile. It accidently slipped out of my clumsy hand and the lid broke :S So now i have to attach the lid to the compact using an elastic band to keep the powder from drying out.

******
Well i hit pan on this today and i'm bumping it up to a 5. I got used to the scent, doesn't bother me anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Veedebee

I have this in ivory which is a fairly good match for my very fairest winter skin.
I actually use this as a blot/touchup powder now, it is what I carry with me in my purse in the winter time or when I have no tan and it does that job extremely well, it takes away the shine and adds just enough product without looking cakey or layered. When I use it on its own it does just about even out my skintone, but not enough to feel like I am properly made up - good enough to rush to the shops or do the school run, but it's not going to cover up blemishes or make your skin look flawless if you have pimples or wrinkles.
On the brightening side it does definately give the look of your skin a brighter look, mine hasn't oxidised or discoloured on me.
The packaging isn't that bad, at least you can carry it around and have the product, mirror and sponge all together without any fear of it coming open - however I would have preferred if the mirror was in the lid like Studio Fix, so you didn't have to keep flipping it back and forth as you apply.
Good value for money, but more of a pressed/blotting powder than a foundation which I'm sure is why there's such a poor selection of colours.
This did not break me out, did not settle into fine lines or accentuate pores, it does not dry out the skin or 'sit' on dry areas and it copes very well with oily areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Sam1e

I have this in 'ivory' & 'true ivory' although ivory isn't really my colour as its far to yellow. Overall a great powder, im sure this product is pretty new. id say gives a good coverage without looking cakey and seems too look quite natural. The colour selection isn't amazing i think there is only about 5 shades and the closet colour for me is still a little off! Also horrible packaging with the mirror and sponge underneath.