Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Curl

3.9

on 7/3/2015 10:51:00 PM

Ok, to be honest this is just an average mascara for me. nothing wow about it but its not horrible. i found that i liked it more when it dried up a bit rather than when i opened it straight. once it dried a bit i found it clinged to my lashes more making them thicker and darker.

like i said its not a wow or horrible mascara, it just does its job. the wand is alright. I always curl my lashes before i put mascara on anyway so im not too sure if the whole "ultra curl" works with this. lashes hold its curl with this on, i like that its not waterproof too.

average mascara which just does its job to me.

on 6/17/2015 5:54:00 PM

The photo on the web really gave out a bad vibe about this mascara. I thought it would be a cheap plastic tube with shiny cap like my previous one "Hyper curl volum' express" by Maybelline. I got itchy with the waterproof mas from Maybelline so I decided to change to this.

Bourjois's package is better, the plastic is thicker, more firm and neat, thus I wish they would insert the rubber to prevent the excess product sticks on the brush. I have a very oily skin even in the winter so I have to consider very careful before buying a mascara which is not waterproof, and this doesn't let me down. Working in the studio for 8 hours long but no smudgy at all, plus I can easily re-apply without feeling heavy and clumpy.

It's good for everyday use, separates and curls lashes well, easy to remove with basic makeup removal (or I just use olive oil with one wipe). If you're a fan of natural makeup look, go for this one.

on 5/2/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

easily my fav. mascara.

I have down slated lashes that kindda make me look like I'm half asleep so the one thing I want from my mascara is a decent curl WITHOUT clumping or flaking on me.

To that end this one from Bourjois does the trick perfectly.

One con, this one gives a more natural look so it's more for day wear, I'd go with something that'll give me more volume for an evening look.

on 3/20/2015 6:12:00 PM

I recently bought this mascara and I was kind of skeptical because I've been having a lot of trouble finding a really good mascara but I actually really enjoy this mascara. My absolute favourite thing about this mascara is that it doesn't make my eyelashes feel hard, they actually feel quite soft. I have super straight and short lashes which are a huge problem for me and this mascara did not really help curl them, even with an eyelash curler. They curled a slight bit, but not as much as I expected/was hoping. This mascara really lengthens my lashes which is surprising because I have such short lashes that usually mascaras do not make them that much longer but this one did. It's also really good at defining and doesn't clump very easily. This is a great everyday mascara and I'm glad I finally found a mascara that does something for my eyelashes.

on 12/1/2012 3:37:00 PM

I don't understand bourjois, I give you so many chances to finally show me something great and you always disappoint, I think it is time for me to give up and never look back. You are overrated!
This mascara isn't any better than the cheapest mascara you can find. It darkens your lashes and makes them thicker and longer but isn't really impressive at all, certainly not worth the price. It does NOT curl your lashes, I even use eyelash curlers and this mascara doesn't even hold that curl...my lashes go back to straight immediately after I apply. They don't look much thicker, longer or darker either. It's just a boring old black paste in a really cute bottle. Also, am I really supposed to believe a curled wand is supposed to help my lashes stay curled? I never understood that about curl mascaras.

on 8/15/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this by mistake usually use volume glamour. This had a curved wand. The formula seems to be the same but i didn't find the curved wand did anything different from the normal wand, plus the wand broke after a weeks use- this has never happened to me in the 17 years of applying mascara. I'll be going back for the plain volume gamour- if you want curls buy an eyelash curler it will be much more effective.

on 8/6/2012 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. it gives me volume, definition, curl and length without clumping or flaking. only downside is the price but apart from that, i definitely recommend this!

on 5/12/2012 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Like the regular Bourjois Volume Glamour, this is a really good, natural, everyday mascara. It provides discernable although natural levels of volume and length, and provides particularly good definition. It doesn't clump, smudge or flake and even though it isn't waterproof, it's not prone to smudging even when I wore it in summer. It doesn't uncurl my just-curled lashes, but neither does it add to the curl either. It's simply a matter of preference, but I think I prefer the regular Volume Glamour with the straight wand over this although I would have no issues repurchasing this again.

on 5/12/2012 7:10:00 AM

general review, very nice mascara. doesnt smudge through out the day, only wish is i prefer more dramatic mascara but for daytime, its perfect. and its buildable if you want longer lashes!

on 3/28/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* PRODUCT CLAIMS - Intense volume & dramatic curl. Curls & doubles eyelash volume for an even more glamorous look.
* REVIEW - I was in the market for mascara for my stick straight downward pointing lashes. I havenít had much luck with mascaras that hold a curl and to be a winner for me, mascara must hold a curl. Iím so pleased that this one does and does so much more!
* PLUSES:
+ This mascara holds a curl - an absolute must in my book!
+ It applies cleanly, the brush is well bristled
+ It wears well and removes easily
+ Enhances my sparse, stick straight lashes by lengthening and separating each and every one
+ Does not smudge, smear or flake
+ Does not clump, even after multiple coats
+ It does give a natural looking volume though not as voluminous as you would get with false eyelashes
+ Slightly curved brush, thereby separating and defining every lash
+ Applicator is actually lighter than expected which is nice because I donít like heavy or unwieldy mascara applicators!
+ Tube does not get goopy or become unwieldy with product over-clumping on the applicator even after a month of usage
+ Pretty rubberized black and metal hot pink tube
+ Affordably priced!
* MINUSES:
- Not waterproof (not that I know of but I havenít gone swimming or taken a shower wearing this mascara to test this feature specifically)
- This formula would probably not be enough if you want super extraordinary voluminous lashes
* PRICE - About Ä12 at all drugstores
* TIP - Always curl your lashes before applying mascara. Start at the base of your lashes and hold for a few seconds. Slowly "walk" the curler out of the lashes in segments: at the base, in the middle and finally, at the very tip of the lash to achieve that natural curl.
* VERDICT - I am quite pleased with this mascara as it ticks off all the requirements I need in a mascara and it's reasonably priced as well. Recommended!

Top Rated Bourjois Products