I don't understand bourjois, I give you so many chances to finally show me something great and you always disappoint, I think it is time for me to give up and never look back. You are overrated!
This mascara isn't any better than the cheapest mascara you can find. It darkens your lashes and makes them thicker and longer but isn't really impressive at all, certainly not worth the price. It does NOT curl your lashes, I even use eyelash curlers and this mascara doesn't even hold that curl...my lashes go back to straight immediately after I apply. They don't look much thicker, longer or darker either. It's just a boring old black paste in a really cute bottle. Also, am I really supposed to believe a curled wand is supposed to help my lashes stay curled? I never understood that about curl mascaras.
Bought this by mistake usually use volume glamour. This had a curved wand. The formula seems to be the same but i didn't find the curved wand did anything different from the normal wand, plus the wand broke after a weeks use- this has never happened to me in the 17 years of applying mascara. I'll be going back for the plain volume gamour- if you want curls buy an eyelash curler it will be much more effective.
I LOVE THIS MASCARA. it gives me volume, definition, curl and length without clumping or flaking. only downside is the price but apart from that, i definitely recommend this!
Like the regular Bourjois Volume Glamour, this is a really good, natural, everyday mascara. It provides discernable although natural levels of volume and length, and provides particularly good definition. It doesn't clump, smudge or flake and even though it isn't waterproof, it's not prone to smudging even when I wore it in summer. It doesn't uncurl my just-curled lashes, but neither does it add to the curl either. It's simply a matter of preference, but I think I prefer the regular Volume Glamour with the straight wand over this although I would have no issues repurchasing this again.
general review, very nice mascara. doesnt smudge through out the day, only wish is i prefer more dramatic mascara but for daytime, its perfect. and its buildable if you want longer lashes!
* PRODUCT CLAIMS - Intense volume & dramatic curl. Curls & doubles eyelash volume for an even more glamorous look.
* REVIEW - I was in the market for mascara for my stick straight downward pointing lashes. I havenít had much luck with mascaras that hold a curl and to be a winner for me, mascara must hold a curl. Iím so pleased that this one does and does so much more!
+ This mascara holds a curl - an absolute must in my book!
+ It applies cleanly, the brush is well bristled
+ It wears well and removes easily
+ Enhances my sparse, stick straight lashes by lengthening and separating each and every one
+ Does not smudge, smear or flake
+ Does not clump, even after multiple coats
+ It does give a natural looking volume though not as voluminous as you would get with false eyelashes
+ Slightly curved brush, thereby separating and defining every lash
+ Applicator is actually lighter than expected which is nice because I donít like heavy or unwieldy mascara applicators!
+ Tube does not get goopy or become unwieldy with product over-clumping on the applicator even after a month of usage
+ Pretty rubberized black and metal hot pink tube
+ Affordably priced!
- Not waterproof (not that I know of but I havenít gone swimming or taken a shower wearing this mascara to test this feature specifically)
- This formula would probably not be enough if you want super extraordinary voluminous lashes
* PRICE - About Ä12 at all drugstores
* TIP - Always curl your lashes before applying mascara. Start at the base of your lashes and hold for a few seconds. Slowly "walk" the curler out of the lashes in segments: at the base, in the middle and finally, at the very tip of the lash to achieve that natural curl.
* VERDICT - I am quite pleased with this mascara as it ticks off all the requirements I need in a mascara and it's reasonably priced as well. Recommended!
I am having a really hard time finding the right mascara, because I don't buy products that have been tested on animals. This mascara is ok, like other people have said you have to build a lot of layers in order to get a big effect, but it is possible and can look great. However, it smudges after long wear, which is the bane of my mascara buying experience. I would buy it again, only because everything else I've tried lately has been worse. I would have actually liked to give it a 3.5 but I'm not allowed.....
I absolutely love this mascara. Iíve tried almost all high-end expensive mascaras but wasnít really happy with any of them always buying something new and looking for better product. My eyelashes are of medium length and fullness but I have small eyes and hate eye shadows so I make them look bigger and stand out only with some eye liner and mascara. For this I need perfect mascara.
Initially I bought this mascara cause I fell in love with its girly but stylish black and pink packaging. I didnít use any drug store mascaras since I was 15 but Bourjois didnít disappoint me. It gives me all what my favorite mascaras expensive did but for a fraction of a price! And whatís a point paying $45 dollars for high-end mascara if I can get the same effect for around $10! Even more I would say that it combines the qualities of several of my expensive mascaras in one!
- It gives me desired volume without leaving tons of products on my lashes.
- it is black but more like satiny black not the glossy black this makes eyelashes look more natural
- you do have to apply multiple layers to get the length and volume but even with a lot of layers you eyelashes wonít feel hard, brittle, powdery or cakey. They stay soft just like real eyelashes.
- This mascara almost never clumps even with multiple layers.
- It doesnít give the super-length but Iím mostly looking for volume not length. And the length it gives is just perfect for me.
-it curls my lashes nicely.
- I think this mascara is perfect for people who are looking for a "Doll eyes" look but a more natural "dolls eyes" look. It wonít make you look vulgar or cheap (if you apply a decent amount) and is perfect for everyday use.
-easy to get off with simple cleansing products but at the same time the mascara doesnít flake or smudge during the day.
- Cheap. So even if it doesnít work for you I think itís worth a try.
This might sound like a very optimistic review but I really love this product! Donít know if it will work for you but I definitely found my dream mascara. I am so happy. And its cheap too!
Will be definitely buying this again!
at first I wasn't too impressed with this product, it doesn't really lengthen the lashes however it seemed like a decent product to use at work.
after using it for a 2 weeks now I have to say I really do like it! it doesn't smudge or clump like other more dramatic Mascaras do, it gives your eyes a nice almost naturally thick lashes look that lasts all day.
the packaging is also very trendy, I dislike the curved mascara brush but have learned to work with it.
Nice girly pink and black tube which caught my eye and actually made me purchase this! I must say I really like this mascara it doesn't clump and made my eyelashes look longer!
Its finished now though and I still have the empty tube in my makeup bag I don't want to part with it! - I kno im sad!