October 23, 2014 | 1170 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational ~ Caramel Kiss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick from Maybelline! It's a shimmer rosy tone everyday lipstick that I know I can get my hands on for everyday look. It's nothing high maintenance and perfect for quick color application in the morning or after lunch. It enhances my complexion and really lasts long. I have no complaint about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by starbrite321

Caramel Kiss is a rosy bronze shade with gold shimmer. You do have to like shimmery lipstick or you will not like this color. I have light-medium olive skin tone and I think that this is a flattering shade for my complexion that is a great color for the day time for going to class or work. It is a MLBB type of shade. My lips are on the pigmented side so it does take two layers of lipstick for the color in the tube to really show up on my lips. It wears for 2-3 hours before it needs reapplication which is typical for me.
I like the package, however it is not the best for tossing into your bag because the clear casing will get scratched.
I would repurchase this shade if I ever use up my tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On my highly pigmented lips this comes off as a sheer glitter. It feels quite rough and sandpaper-y when I press my lips together, and honestly does nothing for my complexion. Maybelline doesn't have Warm Me Up or Totally Toffee in NZ, but this was the shade I was told would be closest to these... if it's true, it's totally killed 2 of my lemmings!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Belledeear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the color of this lipstick is more of a mauve mixed in with red because i wouldn't really call it brownish looking. For those with warmer, tanner skin tones (like me), this shade looks super nice because it gives your face more definition and kinda looks sultry ya know? Yeah, I think this is an easy way to make your lips look like MLBB.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by thandiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a total waste of money IMO.
I got this with a number of lippies in the color sensational line and i have to say this was the worst of the bunch.
To start with, this applies very hard on the lips, quite unlike the creamy consistency of the other lippies. It is very poorly pigmented, after several swipes though, i was able to detect an orangey-red color not at all flattering to my skin tone (MAC C8). It also has some nasty shimmer that just ends up all over your lips and adds nothing to your look.
Total waste...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

I gotta say, I LOVE this color. Pinks have been my lippy color lately, and nudes just tend to make me look washed out and pale (I'm fair with neutral/pinkish undertones).

This color is absolutely lovely. A hybrid between brown and pink with a hint of beautiful shimmer. Feels buttery and smooth on my lips. Not to be stereotypical, but for me it is the perfect "my lips but better" shade.

In a perfect world, it would be longer wearing, but I'm willing to reapply this after the 3 hours or so it will last. It just feels like it makes my face glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by kaiyrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Caramel Kiss is a very pretty brownish-rose color with some gold shimmer. It looks really nice on warm skin tones (as I am) and it doesn't take much effort to make this work; maybe a little balm underneath but gloss and liner not required. This was the only lip product I wore last semester during anatomy lecture/lab days because it's the type of lipstick that you can wear just to make yourself look polished and put-together without spending a lot of time in front of the mirror in the morning. In fact, I would often just apply this in the car on my way to class (please remember to follow traffic laws, ladies. haha).

My problem with it was the texture. It can be very gritty because of the shimmer. With continued use, you eventually get used to it, but it just felt a little off to me. Maybe because I generally prefer matte and cream formulas, who knows.

Would I buy again? Yes and no. It's not a bad product; I do like it. But at the same time, I'll be searching for something else with hopefully a better formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad lipstick, but it's not what I expected. With a name like Caramel Kiss, I expected it to be more brown, and it is almost like a pinkish-red on me. It doesn't look terrible on me, and I can see why other people would like it. But I wouldn't buy it again, because I doubt I will finish the tube that I have now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Cheetokisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am in love with this lipstick!!!!! pure LOVE!!!!!! perfect nude brown,very pigmented, super creamy and it keep my lips super moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am really loving these new lippies from Maybelline! I have never been a big fan of the brand, but since giving these a try, I have a more positive view of them. This color is really an MLBB shade for me, with very subtle gold and multi-tonal micro shimmer to make my lips look plump and smooth. The formula is very moisturizing and smells delicious, although i cannot detect any scent when I am wearing it, which I like. While this shade is very pretty on its own, I like to layer my lip colors, so I have been topping this shade with Prescriptives Mineral color gloss in Amber for a more glossy look. The packaging is also impressive, with the sleek look and "click" to close. Overall I am very impressed and will be buying other shades!