July 28, 2014 | 2070 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Eye Tattoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by glitterfacedranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved these!I got it in animal and it was so pretty!!!I was kind of worried that they wouldn't have good pigmentaion,but when I put them on,I was so surprised to see how vibrant they were!!!!I was also scared they would have bad staying power.I really wanted to see how good they would stay on,so I went to sleep in them.Well,the next morning they looked almost exactly the same as they did when I put them on at 9AM the morning before!!These are very easy to use,just take the applice off the paper and hold it in place on your eyes for a few seconds.Also,I was able to use each one twice!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by cbabyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this in the LEOPARD (animal) print style. It is so awesome. I thought the concept was iffy, but it is EASY and it its very true to the way it looks in the package!

The color came off perfectly and true, i was like wow! in this neat leopard print that i could never re-create myself without tons of products and and stencils and whatever else.

It was sturdy, not like powederey eyeshadow slipping around on a transfer that i initially thought it would be....AND the best part is this stuff really sticks on and lasts. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Had these in the "smokey" set. I found that while each of these can be used multiple times (I'd say three at the most), they are VERY pigmented and therefore very easy to mess up while applying.

I didn't buy these, but my sister did. She tried them and could not figure it out. Finally asking me to help her (she's in her teens), I tried them out and found that they are sticky, which is not a problem because they do come with a setting powder, but while I tried to "blend" the colors to make them seem more "brush applied" they ended up getting muddy. To leave them how they are after applying and to not blend them, they would look like someone painted an oval onto your eyelid. I tried this with and without a primer and still got the same affect. The directions actually say smooth out with your fingers, using a different finger for each color. I did this and it still looked awful. I then tried it with a shadow brush, and a concealer brush (the consistency is too sticky for a shadow brush). It didn't look great, but it wasn't bad. However, using brushes defeats the purpose of these entirely.
Neither my sister, nor I, will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, I have to say I am absolutely LOVING the Hard Candy addition to WalMart. As someone who loved Hard Candy while they were a kind of higher end brand, the affordable line is much cuter, extensive, and innovative. Now to the eye tattoo! I'd always wanted to try the ones they sell at Sephora, but thought they were a bit expensive for something I'd probably mess up (I have to faith in myself xD). So when I saw these at WalMart(YAYY) O grabbed the "Exotic" one. The set contains 3 shadow sets, an applicator brush, and setting powder, for a total of $10USD. Lucky me, I got 4 shadow sets (2 of the same designs were stuck together!=]). The shadow sets come in a tattoo-ish packaging, with the "tattoos" on little pads and a plastic covering over top. They are very easy to apply if you follow the simple instructions of making a "peace sign" shape with your fingers to hold it down, and take another finger to rub back and forth. Not much pressure is needed to apply these! After removing, you'll notice theres still loads of product left on the sticker. You can definitely save a set and use it a few times=] Your eye will be kind of sticky but I've found using your finger to blend a bit before applying the setting powder works great. The setting powder is VERY light weight and makes the shadow smooth so that it loses the grossy sticky feeling. Staying powder was pretty amazing, although I did use UDPP, these stayed for about 9 hours. I think if you've been afraid of trying these definitely look into it, you could be missing out on a lot! :) Also, I had no problem removing these and they can be cut if you would prefer colour only on the lid, or you can just not press down on the sticker above the crease.
PS. Hard Candy makes it a point not to test on animals =]
PPS. Hard Candy isn't available at ALL WalMarts yet, but they will be soon! =]
I've included a couple pictures of the packaging and what one of them looks like on.

continued >>