Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide,dkl

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore this Sheer Envy Mattifying primer! It comes in an adorable tube that stands apart from my other face products. It's only $8 & I get 1.3oz, which is a bit more than other brands give me. I find the texture silky & fast-absorbing. I like the poreless effect it gives. I never use the other "mattifying" primer in my collection since discovering this! It helps my foundation last through the day w/no fading, blotchiness, or oily peek-through. I am amazed! W/my other primer, I had to blot at least once in a few hours. I only need a pea-sized drop, too.

on 3/17/2015 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use the regular sheer envy all over my face, and then the shine-free one on my nose. And they keep my face products on all day. They make my foundation glide on, and keep oil at bay! I have small pores, but when I use this primer it makes my skin look airbrushed. Highly recommend for less than ten bucks!

on 3/6/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[Purchased: 1]

This primer really doesn't do much for my pores which is a MUST if I am to like it.

PROS:
- makes for a smoother application of makeup

CONS:
- doesn't do too much for my pores
- does not do anything for shine control

on 2/28/2015 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Feels greasy at first but turns into a silky feeling. It doesn't break me out. Helps my makeup stay on longer and gives a great, even start for the makeup. I didn't really feel or see a problem with the texture.

on 2/19/2015 1:11:00 AM

I like the silicon feeling of this primer. It helps make my face smooth and helps my makeup glide on nicely and easily. It stays on for a while and after a full day of work my "face" is still on.

on 2/18/2015 1:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Broke me out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was my first primer experience...and God was it an awful one.

Let me preface this by saying that this was one of seven products in a Christmas set, and I didn't buy the set for this, I got it for the Glamoflauge concealer. I got the set for $7 on clearance, so technically I didn't even pay for this, but that doesn't negate the fact that it was horrible.

My new years resolution is to be fairer to products in my reviews, but it's really freakin hard to be nice to this one, if I'm being honest. I've never been a primer gal, a lot of MUA's have said that primers are a gimmick, so I've just chosen to go without them, and focus on good skincare so my makeup will go on smoothly and have staying power.

Upon trying this, I thought that the worst that could happen was that it just wouldn't work. Well ladies and gents, I was wrong. The main reason this was a fail for me is that it seemed to make my makeup look cakey. I would pat this on my T zone after washing my face, and let it sink in for about fifteen minutes, then buff in my Aeromineral makeup, or Revlon CS, and set with a powder. It just made my foundation look awful, and it didn't seem to prolong the wear of my makeup at all. I became oily after just 4 hours, which is sooner than usual.

The second reason is that it broke me out. The fact that this broke me out is NOT, and I repeat, it is NOT the reason that I wouldn't recommend this to people. Every persons skin is very unique and different, so while I do feel the need to tell you that this broke me out, I'm not going to tell you that it will break you out too. Your skin might not react to this at all, or maybe it will react way worse than mine did and you will become an all out pizza face, and they'll use you as a "before" photo in a number of proativ commercials, I just don't know.

I REALLY tried to give this product a fair chance, but because of my reaction, I had to discontinue use after about a week and a half. I am going to pass this onto a friend with less sensitive skin than mine, who happens to have a dry skin type, and hopefully it will work better for her.

In the end, this "freebie" resulted in me buying $20 worth of organic acne care products.

What a joke.

on 2/2/2015 4:53:00 PM

Made my oily skin even more oily after 3 hours of wear :(

I put milani primer on my left eye and sheer envy on right. makeup went on smoother with sheer envy, milani was more tacky. both eyes looked identical . stayed on for 9 hours both of them. I like the sheer envy better felt very soft although I waited an extra 3 min for sheer to set but no problem there it really is a good purchase. I use it for eyeshadow primer works great for that ladies, also fergie primer is good too.

on 12/29/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's a very cheap product, and you definitely get what you pay for. I've heard some reviews saying that the primer starts out greasy, but turns soft and silky when it dries. I didn't get that experience; it's watery, greasy, and does nothing for the face. Because it's so greasy and doesn't absorb into the skin, it stays on my hands after application and makes my makeup containers greasy and slippery when I touch them. I'd rather use no primer at all than use this stuff again.

Popular Primer/ Correctors