September 21, 2014 | 1273 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Twilight Woods

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I *love* the name & bottle, but the scent -- for me -- is disappointingly too sweet & fruity and not woody enough. B&BW fragrances have historically been mostly fruity, but I've never been a fan of fruity perfumes. Lately B&BW has been branching out into more exotic-named fragrances -- but still, I smell a lot of fruit notes in them -- including in Twilight Woods.

Here are the notes of Twilight Woods:

Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Coconut, Wild Berries.
Middle Notes: Honeysuckle, Freesia, Frangipani, Mimose, Apricot.
Base Notes: Musk, Vanille, Orris Root, Agarwood (Oud), Woodsy Notes.

To me, Twilight Woods smells like a sweet peachy-sandalwood scent. It dries down dusty, musky, and nice, but it's only mildly woody and not really very twilight-y -- not for me. I just never stop smelling the orange/apricot/peach notes -- that's mostly what stands out to my nose, with some sandalwood/vanilla/musk constituting about 1/2 of the overall scent. The drydown has a sort of dusty quality.

I love the name "Twilight Woods", and this is a nice scent but it's still sweetly half fruity, to my nose. Never having been a big fan of fruit notes, I just wished B&BW had marched more bravely into the twilight and into the woods. I like my woods to be deeper, darker, and richer. I agree with the previous reviewer who said this should have been called "Twilight Fruit".

Later B&BW launched "Twilight Woods for Men", which is more like it. It's much deeper, richer, and more genuineIy woody. I prefer it over the women's version. I'd wear the men's version myself (it's not too masculine for women to wear, in my humble opinion), and I'd give it 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mismaggie

I LOVE this scent. I get nothing but compliments when I wear it. I have had the young and old alike tell me how much they love how I smell when I wear it. I wear this and nothing else on a day to day basis. I sincerely hope you love it like I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by beautylover212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!!! I have the body mist, lotion and shower gel and the scent is amazing! It smells similar to BBW Cashmere Glow but more jasmine. This is literally my signature scent and I can't get enough of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this scent to be a good one for winter since it runs a bit on the musky side. I like to wear this when I go out at night. It is a bit stronger than some other Bath and Body Mists but it doesn't attack your nose. I find this to be a sweeter musk and I think that is what I like the most about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Sakuraharu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the perfume (purchased winter 2014) and just bought the body spray. I think this product has been reformulated because I did not like it when it first debuted, but now I love it. Anyway, I feel that the body spray smells true to the lotion and has more staying power. It is a happy, comfortable smell of peach, vanilla, and spice. I think that it would be a year round smell, but for some this will predominant my be a fall smell. I am a perfuminista and I am very impressed with this perfume! I think that this is in the same smell group as Gucci Guilty minus the patchouli.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This fragrance starts out smelling strongly of Grand Marnier liquor - intensely orange and alcoholic. Once that dies down, and it does in a few minutes, you get some vanilla milky muskiness with a hint of orange. It lasts around 4 hours on me.

The bottle looks nice, but I find it dispenses way too much product over way too large a surface area. You can't spritz this on your wrist without perfuming everything around it. It's inexpensive, so you can afford to be wasteful, but I'd still rather not.

It's alright and I'll use it up, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

I have never received so many compliments on a perfume in my life!! Everyone I know loves this perfume when I wear it, and so do I! It smells amazing- woody and vanilla-y but very comforting and cozy, not sickeningly sweet like many perfumes for young girls on the market. The price is absolutely amazing as well! Can't believe I only spent 30 bucks on a huge bottle. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by silverain82

As others have stated, this really does remind me of walking through the woods at dusk, or well..twilight. It's a complex, gorgeous fragrance!! I don't have the EDT, I have the body spray...it lasts a decent amount of time and is sure to get you some lovely compliments... Definitely a Fall/Winter scent... It's my second favorite fragrance from Bath & Body Works...my #1 is Warm Vanilla Sugar. I've done some testing and have found that the two of them, when combined, create a beautiful scent....cozy and comforting is the feeling I get when wearing this... Today is the perfect kind of day to wear Twilight Woods. It's cold & rainy outside...I sprayed this on my neck and hair (it lasts a LONG time in your hair), then put on some WVS body cream on my arms and now not only do I smell wonderful, but I feel super warm & cozy! I highly recommend this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Twilight Woods needs to be sampled more than once to be judged. It's a wonderful, soft, musky, vanilla amber, lasting over four hours. It's boozy, reminding me of a hint of a rum for sensuality. It's sillage is strong as a warm scent for fall and nights to cozy up with that special someone.
Its description by Bath and Body Works is interesting as a sales tool, to say the least. "A hypnotic blend of apricot nectar, mimosa petals, and Tuscan cypress inspired by the enticing woods at twilight". Even the current bottle is enticing. That's what drew me in, and I wasn't displeased. This is a pleasant fragrance, without any surprises. I was most curious about the coconut and the oud, which isn't prominent at all. A nice blend, a nice bottle, a nice price if you can get it on sale. No images came to mind of any Twilight Woods and I do wish they had...I just wasn't hypnotized.
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Coconut, Wild Berries.
Middle Notes: Honeysuckle, Freesia, Frangipani, Mimose, Apricot.
Base Notes: Musk, Vanille, Orris Root, Agarwood (Oud), Woodsy Notes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent is what you'd put on when your boyfriend comes over. It smells sensual. I put some on right now and I just want a boy in my bed so we can lie in each other's arms and listen to the rain.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No