Milani Minerals Blush - Sunset Beach

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 8/29/2014 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

One of my favorite blushes ever! I had it in Smooth Finish, stupidly swapped it away, then missed it & finally bought it again in the Minerals formula.

I would describe the color as dark peach - darker than your average peach blush, but not quite as dark as a terracotta shade. It gives a warm, almost slightly sunburned/kissed glow to my face without being a bronzer. Perfect summery look for my pale skin!

on 9/23/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So over the years, I have become an ultra super makeup snob. I refuse to use drugstore products even if they are on sale and sometimes I don't reach for my "quality" drugstore products any more just because some elitist part of me has started to kick in that thinks "the more expensive the better." That being said, yes Revlon Colorstay isn't amazing but it is a decent dupe for MAC's Studio Fix and NYX blushes may be no NARS or MAC but hey, they provide great pigmentation and are long lasting, especially considering the budget friendly price tag. However, this product let me down insanely. I bought it since it was a dupe for "MAC's Gingerly" and it was horrible quality. Splotchy, uneven application, fades horribly and no matter how I apply it, it just makes me look like a toddler who got caught playing in her mom's makeup stash. I ended up buying MAC's Gingerly and though maybe a part of me is a bit biased because I am realizing all seven million blushes I own are some combination of peach/coral and pink because that's what I usually gravitate towards, Gingerly blows this blush out of the water in all aspects. Application, powder quality (finely milled), color payoff, even-ness, how long is lasts and how as it fades, it makes you look dewey and flushed out in the Florida heat. And I don't even like reds/bronzes anymore. Sunset Beach is poor quality and due to all the reviews I've been reading, I feel like maybe my standards are just way too high and/or I just got a really, really bad batch. Sigh.

on 3/14/2013 10:58:00 AM

Could there be a prettier color?

This blush is so beautiful. The color is great and goes with anything.

I am fair to average in skin color. I think this would look great on everybody though. Even with darker skin it would be lovely. Just the right pigment.

Go to!

on 5/31/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Beautiful color for darker skintones

Wow! I usually wait ages before posting reviews, but I got these yesterday in the mail (Mai-Tai and Sunset Beach) and was immediately blown away by the quality of these blushes. I'm soo bummed that I slept on these....they're discontinued and are very difficult to find in the drugstores. I ordered 3 of each on ebay for about $3 a piece. I really like the Baked Blushes and am so far very impressed with the Minerals Blush.

I use my Real Techniques stippling blush to apply and these blend in beautifully with my skintone (NW45/Caramel). I don't need alot of product to get a very natural look. So far they are lasting quite nicely. I've been wearing Mai-Tai for about 5 hours and it still shows with no need for a touch-up.

You can build this blush up to whatever intensity you desire. It doesn't look cakey or fake. I'm so glad I decided to give this a try....I'm probably going to pick up a couple more as backup!

on 5/11/2012 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is such a beautiful dark terracotta shade. I love it for days where I want just a hint of color on my cheeks. It really compliments my tan and it's one of those blushes that can go with anything. I definitely recommend it. It's discontinued, but you can buy it from cherryculture.com

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I picked this blush up at CVS during the 75% off sale and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a peach/orange color before so this was my first & I am in looove! A very pigmented blush, Sunset Beach gives me that subtle flush of color that when applied lightly looks very natural or with a few extra strokes can be kinda bold. I can see this being my go-to shade for everyday wear. I am definitely going to buy another as a back up, especially since it was less than $2!

on 1/26/2012 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked this up from CVS for 75 % off. Cant beat paying $1.99 for a blush! Sunset Beach is a beautiful terrecotta color. Great color payoff and actually shows up on my NW45 skintone. I already have 3 backups!

on 1/26/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I brought this last night at CVS because of the 75% sale. I'm wearing it today and so far I love it! It compliments my skin tone very well and its very pigmented.It's a very nice matte orange/coral shade. I wouldn't use the "brush" it comes with that's just a waste IMO. But as far as the blush I want to buy a back up since I got it so cheap! :)

on 8/31/2011 8:16:00 PM

I don't like this product through no fault of Milani, the color is just not right for me. I was hoping it would pull a little more bronzey and burgundy but instead was just orange which does not work for me. The product itself is great however, the color just is no match.

on 7/12/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I purchased this because I read on here that it was a comparable dupe for Black Radiance Soft Honey. It is the same family except that Soft Honey is a touch darker. But when you apply it, you can hardly tell the difference. The texture is a bit harder than Soft Honey but nothing drastic. It shows up on my NW45/NW47/NW50 skin tone. I will repurchase again.

Update 08/09/2011:
Man this blush has no staying power on me, especially in the summer. It wasn't really hot today so I didn't sweat much. I applied it on 8:30 am and by 10:00 am I had to reapply it. Mind you I have very oily skin so that is a major factor. I still like it but I would be repurchasing this fairly soon.

Top Rated Milani Products