Maybelline Color Sensational in Plum Perfect

on 4/5/2015 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So this is actually my first maybelline lipstick and I'm glad that I bought it. I have this major thing about dark and vampy lipsticks. When I first swatched it on my lips it was like the mixture of deep purple and dark red kind of shade, but mostly deep dark red. I guess that's how plum is supposed to be. The only reason that Im not giving 5 lippies is because I was looking for more deep purple in it, but well never mind that because I love how my lips looks like when I am using it. I did get a lot of compliment from my friends saying that it did not make me look old like other dark or vampy lipstick does. It also goes along incredible with every outfit and most weathers.

on 3/16/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So if you apply this straight from the tube it's pretty dark, kinda vampy, and honestly that was fun for a while but I'm soooo sick of dark lips.
But!!!!! If you blot it away and blend it wth your fingertips you get this really gorgeous natural but prettier shade that I would actually say can take you well into springtime!

on 12/16/2013 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The perfect fall/winter plum for my medium-olive skin. It's slightly creamy and it goes quite dark (making it ideal for me). It's pretty easy to manipulate too... if I pat some off I can get a warmer plum color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

is plum perfect the purplish color that is limited addition #1000??

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I actually LOVE this lipstick it is AMAZING I can compare it a little with MAC Rebel lipstick. I like how it is a burgundy dark red purple! It's a great color for fall. I recommend it!

on 6/9/2013 2:52:00 AM

Its hard for me to find true Gems in the drug store. This is one them. Plum Perfect is THE MOST PERFECT warm, plum color with mulberry undertones. Its actually hard for me to even call this lipstick plum as it really looks like a deep plummy red/mulberry. Probably why I love it so much since a lot vampy purples make me look scary and old and simple plums I find a wee bit boring.

I have had this lipstick for almost 4 years. yep, 4 years. It is still creamy and smooth and gorgeous to put on. the color still looks fantastic and it is hand-down my favorite autumnal lippie to wear. I love wearing it with NARS Amour bush. I recently purchased NARS Montenegro cream blush and I could see these two making quite a pair.

This lippie makes my whole face glow in a warm, wintery way and my blue eyes stand out very well so long as I have a touch of black liner and mascara on. its my fool-proof, cozy winter makeup look. good for day or for night. Definitely going to be treating myself to a new tube come October. :)

for reference, I am blond, eyes grey/green, warm toned. I can get very tan and I can also be rather pale. I hover around NC30 most of the time but come summer tan can be nc40, I prefer Aveda tinted moisturizers in #3 for paleness and #4 for tan

on 5/14/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased MAC Capricious lipstick based on its beautiful color... but it's a Lustre finish which in my experience = too sheer, bleeds, lasts about 5 minutes on, etc etc. I went to Target on a mission to find a dupe of Capricious and I ended up with Plum Perfect - and boy am I happy!!! The color is a medium/deep Raisin Berry color ... the epitome of what I have been looking for for years. It goes on creamy and even and mostly opaque.. I will update when I have tested it out for a day about it's performance.

NC15/NW20

on 2/2/2013 8:07:00 AM

I picked up this lipstick for AU$12 at my local Big W. the colour looked pretty in the tube but showed up much darker on the lips. I instead patted it on my lips, and found that it left a beautiful, natural MLBB shade. It turned out to be quite perfect for me, as I cannot find any lip tint that I like except for the Mark Totally Balmed line, which are now discontinued. I plan on making my own lip tint, using this lipstick. Some say the smell is odd, but to me it smells like vanilla, and also smells like a certain brand of playdough my cousins owned when we were little. I adore the packaging. The shiny purple cap is very appealing! Overall, love the lipstick! I would definitely recommend it!

on 1/13/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade description: burgundy

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- drying

Comments: Great shade for the fall/winter seasons. This line of lipsticks are pretty drying, but easily fixed with a balm or gloss.

Will repurchase.

As much I love the consistency of the lipstick , I hate the color. The color is plum with hints of mauve and pink. But when put on my pigmented lips it turned out to be some crazy color. Also, the color is a bit tacky for my choice. It looked really pretty when swatched on my hand but doesnt look good on my lips.My bad.
But the consistency is super moisturizing, staying power is okay and the pigmentation is super rich !! Its just crazily pigmented. You just need one swipe of it to get the color.
Overall has all pros of a good lipstick, so if you like the color , go for it !

Popular Lipsticks