NARS Stylo/ Nuits Blanches

3.2

on 2/3/2015 11:38:00 PM

My quest continues for a felt tip liner that last more than 3 weeks......When I decided to buy this product I was really excited, I love NARS products, expensive but good quality (expensive doesn't equal quality). I've been searching for a felt tip, because you get the effect of liquid but with more control of putting it on. But how let down I was for the $28 dlls I paid. I give two stars for the intensity of the color, it has lasting power and it dries quite quickly. But for almost $30 I expected it to last more than the 2 weeks it did......it dried up completely! I took it back to the store I bought it (with receipt), told them I had used it for 6 times in 2 weeks and it was already dry; they exchange it for a new one.....and the same thing happened.

on 12/19/2014 11:57:00 AM

I wanted to love this product, I am such a NARS fan but I ended up being less than impressed. I bought this eyeliner on a whim because the store was out of my preferred liquid eyeliner so I figured I'd give it a try. I tried it for about two weeks and loved it, perfect for creating a winged liner and a precise line along the lid. Around the third week though, the tip almost completely dried out and it became almost impossible to achieve the same results. I'm baffled as to why the tip dried out, there seemed to be plenty of product left and I stored it the way that I was instructed to. Nevertheless, the liner did not glide like it had before and was not as opaque as it was initially (before I could get a solid line with one sweep) and I had to attempt to go over the line over and over again. I don't plan on buying this product again, had it stayed as as consistent as when I first purchased it I'd feel better about it..

on 4/5/2013 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i have very oily eyelids so a lot of eyeliners would just sort of smudge very easily after 1-2 hours or sometimes even right after applying but this eyeliner is the bomb. it stays put for the whole day! it's also very easy to control since it comes in the form of a marker haha so it's good for beginners (like me). it's a bit pricey but then it's totally worth it.

on 1/13/2013 10:19:00 AM

I bought this product because I love the eyeliners.
Unfortunately I was very disappointed by the poor quality of writing effect and the fact that it doesn't slide on the eyelid. The black is not very intense. Generally I make up very quickly with pen eyeliners but in this case I lose considerable time.

on 5/8/2012 6:18:00 AM

The NARS Eyeliner Stylo is a quite pricey felt-tipped liquid liner, priced at $27. I bought it last year in the Front Row kit and didn't use this liner for more than a couple times before the tip started to dry out. It wasn't until recently that I found a way to fix this problem. (I couldn't bear to throw it out since there was still a lot of product left inside the pen.)

I'm not sure if this is true for the newest Stylos, but you can use a clean tweezer to pull the felt tip out from the base and flip it around to reveal the same size and shape felt tip. Make sure the pen is upright so the liquid won't spill out.

Although it takes a little bit of patience and work to make this product usable, I do find it worth while to get a really nice opaque liquid liner. The color is really black and the liner is long-lasting.

The felt tip is a little stiff - I would prefer it to be a little less stiff for a more comfortable application. However, the felt tip is durable. Because of how it's manufactured, you have TWO felt tips! Just hope you haven't thrown yours out yet.

on 6/4/2011 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Got this two weeks ago with the Front Row kit that one of my fave MA's at my local Sephora managed to snag for me. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this liner, and judging by when this kit was first released I suspect I may have an old liner. Even after letting it sit upside down for over two weeks application is horribly imprecise--it skips all over my oily eyelids, the color is a little splotchy and not a deep black at all, and it fades hella quickly. At $27 it's too expensive for me to buy another just to see if it's worth it, so I'm considering this a dud.

I don't mind this liner but I won't buy it again. After using creme liner for years, it's simply too difficult for me to get a thick cat eye line with this marker style liquid liner. Staying power is okay but I think I'm just not comfortable with the application. Good if you want a fine line.

on 3/14/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I got this in the NARS Front Row kit, which I thought was a fantastic deal. However, this was my least favorite product that was included. It does have its pros: great pigmentation, lines very precisely, doesn't smudge (at least for me), and has great lasting power. But the con is that made my eyes red and watery and for that reason, I wouldn't repurchase. Granted, I love to line my waterline, but I haven't had that problem with other eyeliners when I line my waterline - such as Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on eyeliner or MAC Fluidline. I vaguely remember having this problem before with another liquid liner so maybe it's an issue with liquid liners in general. This stuff also had a very strong chemical smell so there must be some pretty strong ingredients in it, which is possibly why my eyes are sensitive to it. Another thing, it was a b---- to remove, which made my eyes even more irritated.

on 2/15/2011 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I received this in a kit that was promoted at Sephora. I probably won't repurchase this because there is nothing too special about this and there are better alternatives on the market that do what this does. Plus, I prefer using Bobby Brown's gel liner and MUFE's pencil's to line my eyes.

This lines precisely, but gives too harsh of a line for my taste. You need to smudge/blend it out to avoid harsh lines. It's a good product, in general. There are just too many less expensive comparable products available on the market which is why I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/2/2011 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love the Nars liner stylo and I love the MAC Penultimate liner, and I still have both! The liner stylo is really black which is great and from now on I'll only apply liquid liner and 'cat eye' liner shapes using pen eye liners such as the aforementioned. It's the only way and the easiest way.

I can't comment and say much about it not slipping off of my eyelids and it being longwearing because MY eyelids are so very, very oily that every brand of shadow and liner will slip off and be a wipe-y mess every. single. time. if I don't use some kind of base such as the Nars Pro Prime smudgeproof eyeshadow base or the MAC paint pots or something of that order.

Top Rated NARS Products