October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Eyeliner - NARS - Stylo/ Nuits Blanches

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by teehee033

i have very oily eyelids so a lot of eyeliners would just sort of smudge very easily after 1-2 hours or sometimes even right after applying but this eyeliner is the bomb. it stays put for the whole day! it's also very easy to control since it comes in the form of a marker haha so it's good for beginners (like me). it's a bit pricey but then it's totally worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by crisup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product because I love the eyeliners.
Unfortunately I was very disappointed by the poor quality of writing effect and the fact that it doesn't slide on the eyelid. The black is not very intense. Generally I make up very quickly with pen eyeliners but in this case I lose considerable time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by bellaluz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The NARS Eyeliner Stylo is a quite pricey felt-tipped liquid liner, priced at $27. I bought it last year in the Front Row kit and didn't use this liner for more than a couple times before the tip started to dry out. It wasn't until recently that I found a way to fix this problem. (I couldn't bear to throw it out since there was still a lot of product left inside the pen.)

I'm not sure if this is true for the newest Stylos, but you can use a clean tweezer to pull the felt tip out from the base and flip it around to reveal the same size and shape felt tip. Make sure the pen is upright so the liquid won't spill out.

Although it takes a little bit of patience and work to make this product usable, I do find it worth while to get a really nice opaque liquid liner. The color is really black and the liner is long-lasting.

The felt tip is a little stiff - I would prefer it to be a little less stiff for a more comfortable application. However, the felt tip is durable. Because of how it's manufactured, you have TWO felt tips! Just hope you haven't thrown yours out yet.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Got this two weeks ago with the Front Row kit that one of my fave MA's at my local Sephora managed to snag for me. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this liner, and judging by when this kit was first released I suspect I may have an old liner. Even after letting it sit upside down for over two weeks application is horribly imprecise--it skips all over my oily eyelids, the color is a little splotchy and not a deep black at all, and it fades hella quickly. At $27 it's too expensive for me to buy another just to see if it's worth it, so I'm considering this a dud.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't mind this liner but I won't buy it again. After using creme liner for years, it's simply too difficult for me to get a thick cat eye line with this marker style liquid liner. Staying power is okay but I think I'm just not comfortable with the application. Good if you want a fine line.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by sherbet808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the NARS Front Row kit, which I thought was a fantastic deal. However, this was my least favorite product that was included. It does have its pros: great pigmentation, lines very precisely, doesn't smudge (at least for me), and has great lasting power. But the con is that made my eyes red and watery and for that reason, I wouldn't repurchase. Granted, I love to line my waterline, but I haven't had that problem with other eyeliners when I line my waterline - such as Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on eyeliner or MAC Fluidline. I vaguely remember having this problem before with another liquid liner so maybe it's an issue with liquid liners in general. This stuff also had a very strong chemical smell so there must be some pretty strong ingredients in it, which is possibly why my eyes are sensitive to it. Another thing, it was a b---- to remove, which made my eyes even more irritated.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this in a kit that was promoted at Sephora. I probably won't repurchase this because there is nothing too special about this and there are better alternatives on the market that do what this does. Plus, I prefer using Bobby Brown's gel liner and MUFE's pencil's to line my eyes.

This lines precisely, but gives too harsh of a line for my taste. You need to smudge/blend it out to avoid harsh lines. It's a good product, in general. There are just too many less expensive comparable products available on the market which is why I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the Nars liner stylo and I love the MAC Penultimate liner, and I still have both! The liner stylo is really black which is great and from now on I'll only apply liquid liner and 'cat eye' liner shapes using pen eye liners such as the aforementioned. It's the only way and the easiest way.

I can't comment and say much about it not slipping off of my eyelids and it being longwearing because MY eyelids are so very, very oily that every brand of shadow and liner will slip off and be a wipe-y mess every. single. time. if I don't use some kind of base such as the Nars Pro Prime smudgeproof eyeshadow base or the MAC paint pots or something of that order.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

As an admitted eyeliner junkie, when I first found out about this product I had to get my hands on it. I've tried all kinds of liner and my favorites are the liquid/gel variety as I love to apply winged liner. I have to say I actually did not purchase this color (it was Blue Bayou), but my review is more so for the performance of the product rather than the color.

When I got it home I could not wait to try it on, so I washed my face and removed all my makeup to start fresh. The application was fairly easy, but I realized it was kind of staining my lids when I tried to correct my mistakes with a q-tip and MU remover. I didn't really give it much thought at the time and wore it for the rest of the day. The lasting power was not good at all. The tips of my wings were completely smudged by the end of the day, but the worst of it came when I tried to remove my makeup before bed. It absolutely stained my lash line blue and worst of all it stained MY CONTACT LENSES. I've been wearing contacts for about 15 years now and have never - in my entire life - experienced such a terrible result with a make up product. EVER. I don't wash with my eyes open, so I couldn't figure out exactly how it even happened. Whatever I did, no matter how many times I rinsed with solution and rubbed them I could not get them clean. I had to throw them away (a fresh pair of monthlys I had just opened the previous day) and it took a couple days for the staining on my lids to completely disappear. Maybe my experience was a freak accident as no one else here seems to have had such a problem, but it pretty much turned me off of this style of liner, period. No matter which brand. One of the worst beauty products of any kind I've ever tried.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ageronimo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Someone please change my mind. I have used this eyeliner for 2 weeks now. I have shaken it to get the liquid out and its not helping. Is there something i'm doing wrong?!?

thanks!