July 31, 2014 | 990 users online

Eye Primer - GOSH - Eye Shadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by beaston92

I have been using this product for four years now, and I think it's fantastic. The pearly undertones are gorgeous under colorful eyeshadow. I like that they came out with a matte one as well for more professional looks. My eyeshadow never creases and stays on all day. The base also makes the colors pop and more noticeable. I go through one stick in about eight months on average. So the 15$ price tag is definitely worth it. Definitely pick this product up. My makeup routine wouldn't be the same without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by vivicali

I got this as a gift so I couldnt rate the price so i put a 3 since im not sure of the cost. My initial thought - wasnt crazy about the white/silver frosty look of the primer; however, once I put on my eyeshadow it wasn't noticable. I'd say I got a good 9 to 10 hours of perfect wear of my eyelook before my lids got a bit oily and shadows started blending/fading. First time i ever used an eye primer so I can't compare it to others but I was pretty impressed nontheless :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I bought this in December of last year, having just heard about eye primer, but did not want to splurge of the boring colorless thing that it is. I found this one at a local drugstore. In my opinion it was quite pricey (15$CAN or around), but I tend to splurge on colorful things, not on things that are not even going to show up. It was sooo worth it! It is a creamy, pearly white, which enhances every, literally every eyeshadow colors I own. They never crease, whatever brand they are (from MAC to E.L.F.). Plus, for the amount of product you get the amount you need for it to work, I don't think I'll have to buy another stick soon!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by amandaleejones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: This product completely stopped working one day, and i have no i dea why?!?!?! I'm SO disappointed! I haven't changed my makeup routine or even my eyeshadow. I really don't understand why it work so perfectly for a month or so, then one day i find creasing on my eyelid and it's been like that ever since! I've even tried using different eyeshadows, or applying concealor/foundation/lotion...anything to my eyelids to see if it made and difference and nothing. I see there is another post on here that says it stopped working after a while too. How is this possible? I'm so disappointed, i thought i had found my HG.

ORIGNIAL POST: I read the 2 reviews before me when i was about to buy this product. And even tho it was kind of mixed i bought it anyway since the girl at the store told me she uses it all the time and it's the best eyeshadow primer she's ever used.
i hadn't used a primer/base before, but had recently been noticing creasing in my eyeshadow nearly everyday. I looked on MUA and found a number of different ones, but didn't know where to buy them so i just ended up searching for something at my local Shopper's Drug Mart. Turns out they sold Gosh products and the lady raved to me about how awesome this eyeshadow base is.
And i must say I LOVE IT! Seeing as i've never used one before, there may be better ones out there, but it does what it's supposed to, isn't expensive and lasts a long time. How can you go wrong?
It is shimmery white when you put in on, but as soon as you put your eyeshadow on you can't see that. So it looks good under any eye colour. It's lasts all day long with no creasing. I put makeup on at 6am and it's still looks perfect when i go to bed at night. I've NEVER had that before! It makes your eyeshadow go on much nicer and smoother, and much more pigmented.
I also exercise daily and it STILL stays on without creasing well into the evening. Also, i think i only paid $12.95 CAN for it. For me, that's a steal for something that works this well!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by luckiiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite eye shadow base!
And it's so cheap,regular price :14$ ,and I bought it for 11$ on sale!
First of all,it's a tinted base (not clear or beige),it's a pearly white with blue-ish under tone. But the colors show off really great (under a blue or purple eye-shadow,the result is beautiful!) It works well underneath other colors too.

But most importantly..any eye shadow stay all day long without smudging or creasing,it's really impressive (my lids are ultra oily) and if you're not a fan of the blue reflect,there's like 6 or 7 other color.

The reason why i didn't give 5 on the overall rating,it's because they don't have any matte base. They're all pearly,so for older lids..it's not the best.

But still it's great product,for a good price! (You can only get it at Pharmaprix/Shoppers Drug Mart,it's their exclusive line)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This could be used as an eyeshadow base, or on it's own to brighten up the eyelid area.
At first I didn't have any problems with this creasing, but over time I have noticed that it does crease part way through the day. I switched eye creams recently, so maybe that could have something to do with it.
It's quite shimmery/pearlized, so it might not work with all eyeshadow looks. It doesn't camoflage all eyelid flaws like some eyeshadow bases/primers do, but the shimmery quality helps brighten up the eye area a bit.
Overall, I wouldn't buy this again. But I've been using it up because I don't want to waste it.