September 16, 2014 | 1480 users online

Skincare - Face - MD Formulations - Vit-A-Plus Night Recovery Complex

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by urs123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this product. I applied two nights in a row. I was excited at the light tingling the first night and definitely felt that my complexion seemed a little more even the next day. So I applied again day 2 and felt more tingling. The following morning my face was slightly red and puffy. Ugh I looked years older! Luckily I could cover it with foundation but my face was itchy and hot all day and I found myself scratching it. At the end of the day I had what appeared to be little clogged pores all over my forehead and a few on my jaw. Yikes! Hoping it settles over night, won't be using again. If you want to try it I recommend doing a very light application and working up to a heavier one over time - give your skin time to get used to it, and perhaps not doing every night in a row, maybe every other night. And maybe test a part of your face you don't mind getting little clogged pores. I thought I'd be tempted to try again, easing into the product, but the pore clogging has scared me off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very potent, more efficient than the continous renewal products and not to be used on any kind of broken skin. I really love it! I suffer from psoriasis which means my skin doesn't shed dead skin properly, but with this I can forget all about flaking, dull skin. Makes my skin radiant and with an even skintone, so much that I don't think I need foundation. A+, but please take warnings seriously, this is not a 'slather on' product, it's a treatment that should be used with care (and sunscreen).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

This product caused my skin to dry out and caused an itchy rash.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2009 4:41:00 AM More reviews by MicheleMonique

I had a massive allergical reaction to this product - 12 hours after I put it on, my skin was red, very itchy and developed a rash. It took 3 days and application of a strong cortisone cream twice a day to finally bring the condition under control. Oh boy, it was scary!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by marie66

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my third bottle for this. I alternate with the continus renewal serum alone at night. I sometimes give myself a break for a couple of days.
Unlike most of the reviewers, I have dry skin with only a bit of oiliness in nose and chin. It works really well, has helped some hyperpigmentation around the eyes fade and a little goes a long way. The packaging and smell are not very luxurious, but it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by marcellewood

I really like this stuff ... I have oily skin that gets clogged easily but at 34, I'm starting to show some signs of ageing (a few frown lines on my forehead) so I was looking for something with retinol and lactic acid to keep my pores clean but also with some potent anti-aging ingredients. At first I used it under the moisturizing lotion (as recommended by MD Formulations) but it was too heavy so I started using it on its own and love it. It keeps my pores clear but I haven't been using it long enough to see any long-term anti-aging benefits. My only gripe is that the bottle is so small ... only 30ml / 1 oz for $50!!! Luckily, I only use a very little at a time so hopefully it will last long enough to make it worth repurchasing.
EDIT: While I liked the product, I didn't repurchase it after it ran out. I am currently using Philosophy's Help Me instead. I honestly cannot say the MD Formulations gave me any dramatic anti-aging results either. Maybe I'll have better luck with Philosophy?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for a good price from Skinstore.com hoping to make my already decent skin that little bit better (ever striving for better skin has often been my downfall - I keep forgetting the KISS principle when it comes to skincare!). My skin is normal/combo with the odd hormonal breakout and thanks to a regular regime of Neostrata, the OCM, jojoba oil and EVOO, has been fairly well-behaved for the last eighteen or so months.

Oh what a mistake. After about six weeks or so of using this product once per day or every couple of days, I can safely conclude that it did nothing for my skin and in fact made it worse. It was hardly a coincidence that a few days after using this product for the first time, my chin, the area of my face most susceptible to breakouts, decided to erupt like a volcano. Initially I thought it might have been purging or perhaps period-related but the breakouts kept happening so long as I used this. Furthermore, the breakouts just wouldn't heal no matter what I did. Very frustrating. I think what happened was the overpowering alcohol in this dried out my skin, causing it to produce more oil and that caused me to break out. My skin likes AHAs a lot but I must admit I it doesn't seem to like most BHAs so in all fairness it could have been the salicylic acid that caused the breakouts. I eventually gave up and chucked it in the bin and went back to my Neostrata Bionic Face Serum. Unsurprisingly, the pimples that had thus far refused to heal cleared up in a day or two. Oh, and the reviewer who said this smelled funky was right on the money. It smells like another product I've used but can't for the life of me remember; needless to say, it isn't pleasant. I wouldn't use this unless you had extremely hardy, oily skin and have had prior experience with chemical exfoliants.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:18:00 AM More reviews by MissAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ladies please be careful with this product. MD Formulations are VERY active, VERY potent products and must be used with caution. I used this as an 'on the spot' lotion on broken skin after I'd squeezed a pimple as I presumed that as a treatment product with the same ingredients as other topical acne lotions it would do the job. I found nothing on the packaging or product saying 'do not use on broken skin' so off I went and put a blob on..... No stinging, nothing to suggest a reaction. BUT , next morning I woke up to find a second degree burn on my face which had spread the size of an inch diameter. Basically the next weeks were the stuff of nightmare....doctor....antibiotics....infection....localised pimple which would not heal cos it was trapped in the burned skin. Now thankfully I am fully healed and have a small slightly pink area to show for it , which will fade in the coming weeks.

I AM a fan of MD....BUT....please never apply to any kind of dermatitis, rash, broken skin or if in doubt at all as THESE ARE VERY POTENT GLYCOLICS. I have decided to go back to Jurlique and Vit E oil and more gentle lines as I think AHAs and BHAs ultimately 'thin' the skin and , yes, they're good exfoliants, yes your pores look smaller, but at the expense of your skin feeling a lot less plump and full.

The antioxident cremes and the skin renewal complex are very good and I would continue to buy the non-glycolic products , but the rest are just too scary.

PS. FYI the HG skin-savers that restored my skin's health are: Estee Lauder Night Repair Concentrate and Solgar VIt E oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by xdivinedollx

I just stated using this a week ago but im noticing some good changes. I can see that the blackheads on my nose and chin are clearing and my skin is smoother. My acne scars are a tad lighter. The consistency is very light and absorbs quickly. I took off one lippy for packaging, its hard to control how much pumps out so i either dont get enough or get too much, maybe its just mine tho. I will update after 1 month! UPDATE:this broke me out, im returning it today. i have been using aplha hydrox souffle and clearsil spot treatment and my skin looks better than before i started using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kit_kat68

I have normal to dry combination skin, with stubborn black head around my nose and congestion around my chin.

Whilst this didn't do anything harmful to my skin, I can't say for sure that its really done anything either. I got it for a bargain $40 AUD from ebay, so I would have been pretty annoyed if I paid full retail here in australia.

I might have a bit less black heads and congestion, but I can't say its been a miracle cream...