October 31, 2014 | 844 users online

Shampoo - Kevin Murphy - Angel.Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never spent this much ($28 CAD) on shampoo but never say never. I plunked down the $$ for Kevin Murphy's Angel Wash shampoo because I've been curious about this line and the salon sales staff raved about it, especially for colour treated hair.
I had just gotten red highlights and those of you who have had red hair colour know how challenging it is to keep the colour.

The bottle is a bit odd and not like the traditional shampoo bottles. It has a twist off cap and you squeeze the shampoo you need. It doesn't really lather (it's SLS free) but my concern was not having the red dye wash out in huge amounts so this wasn't a big issue.
I feel I need to give my hair an extra rinse with this shampoo and if I didn't then it felt like I had some residue. However, YMMV.

I did notice that the red dye didn't wash out as much as it did with other shampoos which really impressed me. (I rinse with cool water which helps)
My hair feels softer and the colour is preserved. (I also use a colour depositing conditioner as well)

Would I buy this again? Yes, for those times when I get red highlights as I know it will last me a long time.
My hair type: fine but abundant and colour treated every 6 - 8 weeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by kateamanion

This product is a bit misleading. As it says it is for fine hair, it really is designed for fine, very damaged hair (bleached). Your hair will really soak up the moisture if it needs it. If your hair is fine textured and and in relatively good condition, this will be way too heavy!! Lovely scent and cute packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by LaChispa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Kevin Murphy's Angel Wash (and Angel Rinse). My hairs are fine and can get dry easily so I used to struggle to build volume. I have very sensitive skin and eczema so not all products work for me, but this one is excellent due to the lack of SLS.

I've been using the Angel Wash for about a year now and recently bought a salon-size bottle to try and cut the cost per wash. My friends all comment on how voluminous and shiny my hair is now. I wash, blowdry and straighten my hair every day but hairdressers always comment on how healthy my hair is now. It's great to find a product that really works for you - this works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by luvinpepsi

I fel in love with Kevin Murphy's products after my hair dresser used "hydrate me" conditioner. I ended up coming back to the salon to buy the hydrate me shampoo and conditioner and loved them both ... the smell, packaging, softness of my hair, everything. I bought the angel shampoo and conditioner next. I have fine, color treated hair. To begin with, I love how angel wash smells. It is light, clean, and natural. The scent lasts throughout the day. It does not weight down my fine hair, and conditions my hair just enough. I love this shampoo/conditioner and would buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ellysek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am an avid user of Kevin Murphy hair products and was keen to use this shampoo after visiting my salon. As much as I love the smell and texture of the product, it left me with a nasty allergic reaction feeling itchy all over my scalp and resulted in dandruff. I thought surely this couldn't be happening and after the dandruff went away thanks to some trusty anti-dandruff shampoo, I decided to try it again and I had the exact same reaction AGAIN! So those with very sensitive skin like mine, be warned! I have very fine hair and find it hard to get the right shampoo, disappointed that Angel range wasn't for me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the best shampoo for my fine/thin/frizzy hair. It's sulphate-free and it makes my hair appear soft, smooth, and shiny. I have removed one lippie because one wash just doesn't appear to be enough; I have to wash my hair twice to get that "clean" feeling. I find that is the case with many sulphate-free shampoos. But, because of the way it's packaged (large opening), I often accidentally squeeze out too much shampoo which is annoying when you have to wash your hair twice and this stuff is expensive. To combat this, I transfer the shampoo to a travel bottle with a much smaller opening.
Regardless of the extra effort, this shampoo is gold. And when I follow with a leave-in serum, I don't even need to use the accompanying conditioner, Angel.Rinse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

I bought this and the matching conditioner/rinse at a recommendation from my hairdresser. After spending a fortune on it and a couple of uses I found it to dry out my already dry hair (which is also coloured) even further.
Not a fan of the smell of it either, but have since tried the "Luxury" range which a friend purchased and it works better on my hair and the fragrance is OK too ( though not great). I like their 'Born Again' treatment that my hairdresser uses on my hair after a colour, but not sure of I would purchase their shampoo and conditioners due to the high price and not so fabulous result.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by michelle2583

I am on my fourth bottle of this stuff, along with the conditioner. Why the serial repurchasing if only a one star rating, you ask? This was recommended to me by my stylist, and the first few bottles worked wonders on my hair. It was soft, shiny, easy to tame, etc. It seems that continuous use of the Angel products has had an adverse affect on my hair. Lately, it has been flat, dull, and extremely difficult to straighten (and my hair is only slightly wavy, with no curl). I got a free sample of a new brand of drug store shampoo and conditioner in the mail, and the cheap stuff actually made my hair look and feel about a hundred times BETTER than it did that morning, after using the Angel line. I contemplated ditching the rest of my current bottles, but it is so expensive that I may force myself ( and my hair ) to suffer through it until it's gone. I am officially going back to drugstore hair products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by hapabunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really love this shampoo. It has a nice lather and clean rinse without stripping my fine yet thick hair, has a heavenly and unique smell and a little goes a long way. Although my hair doesn't exactly need the volume this shampoo gives, my hair can get oily so I like a cleaner feeling in my hair. When I get the chance, I'll definitely be purchasing a liter of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

By Kevin Murphy

A nice shampoo which leaves my long flat and fine hair with natural volume when air dryed and gives that little extra oomph when blow dryed with a volumizing product. The smell is a bit funny but not strong so it doesn't bother. Doesn't dry my hair like many other volumizing shampoos.

I definitely recommend to all fine haired ladies who want to give their hair that nice natural bounce.