November 23, 2014 | 1153 users online

Shampoo - Davines - Love Smoothing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

Not super crazy about this product. Bought the cond and shamp but due to not seeing results when dry i wont be repurchasing. Price is high too...i would be more willing to pay if my results were better after blow drying and running a flat iron thorugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

I was hesitant to buy this because of the price, but all of a sudden my hair was being out of control frizzy lately even though I baby it in every way (limited washing, limit harsh detergents and products that build up, hair masks, periodic clarifying, limited heat styling, etc etc). This and the matching Love conditioner have had an instant, amazing effect on my hair. Smells nice, too. Really cut the frizz down!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is GREAT for my long, slightly curly (think beach waves when it air dries), prone to BAD frizziness when blown out and colored hair. It is a thick shampoo which coats. Having thick, coarse heavy hair... I can feel the difference immediately when rinsing it off. The scent is kinda citrusy (not my fave) but when dried, hair has a lovely scent.

Keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jesssala

I'd never of "Dah-vee-ness" until my new hair dresser told me about it. I'm happy to say that my hair finally looks shiny and stays cleaner longer. I used to have a lot of itchy scalp and since I've been using this I no longer have that problem.

This is how my hairdresser suggested I use the shampoo and conditioner:

- You need very little product, just a couple of dabs at the top of the head, middle and toward the nape of the neck and work it in.
- Rinse shampoo thoroughly and towel dry - DO NOT use the conditioner in the shower.
- Follow with the Davines conditioner on the TOWEL DRIED HAIR, but just about a nickel size and work through ends of towel dried hair and eventually run a wide-tooth comb to distribute, but you want to get the ends more attention.
- Blow dry and style (I usually flatiron)

My hair has never felt or looked better, I love the smell, not too overpowering or fake like the mass market brands.

I love the packaging - I'm trending toward all things simple and I like that this packaging doesn't "yell" at me like other packaging does. It just communicates peace and calm which is what both the shampoo and conditioner have done to my hair.

Last week, I made the mistake of trying the Tresseme sample that came in the mail, omg, one use and I couldn't get that crap out of my hair. The next day, I tried to use the Davines and it didn't work and my hair felt worse and I started to panic.

I figured the Tresseme caused a ton of build up, so I used the Neutrogena buildup remover shampoo for two days in a row before I used the Davines again and I prayed that my hair would go back to the way it was before I tried the Tresseme. Thank god it worked.

My advice to those who try the Davines -use a buildup remover shampoo first to remove cheap shampoo leftovers in your hair, and then start on the Davines. I should have never tried that mail sample, but hey, lesson learned. I used to use the Giovani conditioner but this Davines blows it away.

Two thumbs up for Davines: My hair Ioves it !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ivy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My salon sold this to me after I started coloring my hair, and I love love loved it. It's so moisturizing and smoothing on my coarse, frizzy hair. I adore the subtle smell as well, and the recycled packaging is great. Ultimately I stopped buying because my salon stopped carrying it, and it's pretty expensive for something you wash down the drain, so I didn't pursue it too hard. The conditioner is lovely too.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This caused a lot of itchy buildup on my hair that I ended up scrubbing off with Pantene one evening in globs (eww!). This is more for people who wash their hair daily. CG's who do only a weekly shampoo, I'd stay away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by dewdrop10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works great on my fine, easily damaged hair. It also helps to keep my $$$$ color from fading.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by JulesJoolz

This stuff has been a miracle worker for my frizzy, porous hair. My hair has always been in good condition but gets super puffy and frizzy in any kind of humidy. I was never able to replicate the "just left the salon" sleek hair on my own. Kerastase helped alot and I thought that was the best I could hope for. Then I tried Davines Love Shampoo and Conditioner and my hair has been transformed. I never imagined my hair could be so smooth and sily looking. I actually look forward to (instead of dreading) styling my hair now because I know it will last and not be a waste of time (i.e., frizzy hair an hour later). If you have frizzy rebellious hair you should definiately give this try!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by redhotpaprika

This shampoo doesn't moisturize or smooth at all. It does soften hair somewhat but at the same time leaves it dry and hard to manage with a lot of fly-aways. The smell is quite pleasant, kind of fresh and earthy and doesn't linger. The bottle is too soft and the lid is hard to open, especially with wet hands.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Get away from this product! I usually hate to write bad reviews, but I have to! I had high hopes before buying, but! For reference, I have medium-long, highlighted hair. After washing, it was like a straw. Even with my beloved Maskintense (Kerastase), I could not detangle my hair. With one word: horrible! However, the mask of this line works better than the shampoo.