Yves Saint Laurent TEINT RESIST Long Wear Transfer Resistant Foundation

4.1

TITANIUM DIOXIDE . (OTHER) : AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . NYLON-12 . ISODODECANE . ALCOHOL . CYCLOPENTASILOXANE . PEG-10 DIMETHICONE . CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE . PEG-20 . POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE . DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE . HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER . METHYLPARABEN . SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE . ACRYLATES COPOLYMER . BUTYLPARABEN . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TOCOPHEROL . ALUMINUM HYDROXYDE . ALUMINA . SILICA . GLYCERIN.[ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE). ] "8YT09-1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

even though this is discontinued they were still selling this at my local ysl counter.
This is my favourite foundation to date. I have VERY OILY SKIN. it has a lovely velvet like finish initially then by the end of the day when my natural oils have come through, the foundation wears very gracefully. instead of looking greasy I end up looking dewy and luminous. this foundation doesn't end up breaking apart like others do, for example the touche eclat which cannot compare in my opinion.
I use it with my urban decay de slick and it is the perfect combination.
the coverage is light to medium which I'm okay with as I enjoy using a very high coverage concealer to spot conceal.
I never need to blot my face anymore and it is truly amazing.

the only bad things is that I need two pumps each application, and the pump is difficult to control so you either have a full pump or none.
also if you have dry patches it will cling. so I wouldn't recommend for dry skin people.

I tried number 5 which is a really good match for my Asian yellow undertones. I also have number 4 in storage and I'm roughly a nc25.
I have stocked up with 4 backups because I'm so obsessed!

on 12/5/2014 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Got this one in August in #5 and been using it until now because the undertone is rather neutral whereas my complexion is quite yellow based. Giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 just for the poor color selection I guess. The foundation itself is really pretty fab, blends nicely smells like roses (not for those who hate scented foundations though) is long wearing dries to a semi-matte finish, doesn't dry out(but actually not great for hot days because it tends to get a bit too oily) looks just great and still natural even with 2 layer and is just really, really great overall! Definitely would be a holy grail if I found it in a different undertone.

The packaging is great. However, the cap can have "scars" if you accidentally scratch it.
This foundation gives a good coverage, and my skin just looked beautiful. I got compliments from my friends. The bad thing is that the scent. To me, I felt that it smells like watermelon, and in a bad way. I can not stand that smell. So I won't purchase it again.

on 4/26/2014 2:29:00 AM

I'm not the biggest fan of foundation, for some reason concealer works well as foundation on me (chanel, by terry concealer pens) but of course, that really isn't very cost effective. I've always liked YSL foundations (was using the brush one years ago and loved it but need something more moisturising-advanced? as I am nearing the big 4 0) I'm really happy I chose this one! Skin looks luminous but not shiny or greasy, just a lovely matte glow if that makes sense. I chose shade #4 and I would have preferred it a teeeeeny bit lighter, but it looks extremely natural on me. Major credit for not seeping into fine lines or making them look worse; That is the first thing I look for in a foundation.

on 2/25/2014 12:42:00 AM

I do not know if ysl still makes this but it is a great foundation! I have it in nr 5 but the color is way too dark/orange for me now, i got it when i used to go tanning and it matched me perfectly then but now it just doesnt ( im a bd 40 in teint touche eclat which is a 100% match and an nc 25 in mac)

I feel bad that i cannot wear it because i love it, it has the most beautiful finish, semi matte, natural looking, and for my dry skin it gives a medium coverage & it stays on forever flawlessly. I honestly own and have tried so many foundations and none gave such a flawless, natural looking finish.

The only problem with this was that i felt like all shades went a bit on the orange side so because of that i would say that this is perfect for summer, when we are a bit more tan & also the formula would help on hot summer days and it won't run all over your face.

Then again i have not seen this in stores anymore but im sure you can still get it online and it is worth it. I think this is indeed a very good quality foundation.

I would repurchase if they would bring it back, same formula but a whole other range of shades.

on 2/24/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been a drugstore foundation girl forever since I am only 19 years old and have never really had the money or the knowledge of make up to delve into the high end make up world. However, I work in a department store, surrounded by all the the gorgeous beauty stands with their lovely product packaging and thought that as it's the new year I'd give my face a bit of a treat with a new high end foundation. I have moderately oily skin and I have always had problems with acne. I spoke to a few of my friends in the store who told to me to try YSL as their Touche eclat foundation was a staple in their make up bags. Since my skin is more oily than dry (which Touche eclat is best for, I am told) the assistant said Teint Resist would be best. After colour matching me a number 4 and paying £29 (10% off promotion, RRP £33) for the beautifully packaged bottle I trotted off home eager to try it out.
Firstly I was horrified, I panicked thinking that she had matched me completely wrong and that I would now be walking round looking like an orange. I took it off and reapplied 3 times, trying different brushes and ways of application to see if that would make it look better. Alas, I did find that the Real Techniques buffing brush really worked the foundation into my skin and it turns out the colour is perfect for me, since I have a very uneven complexion due to redness and acne scars. It is darker to what I am used to wearing, but I believe it is down to the fact that I've always struggled to find the right colour in a drugstore foundation and have always gone for the lightest one, hence why it was such a shock and I was asking my mum every 5 minutes if I looked like an Oompa Loompa.

The coverage is medium but is buildable and covers the redness around my cheeks and nose. For those who have blemishes, concealer is needed as I found it didn't give me enough coverage to hide those completely, but that is a personal preference as I don't like my blemishes to be visable.
As for controlling my oiliness, it does work well and unlike previous foundation I do not need to reapply at all throughout the day or top up with powder as often as I used to to reduce shine; in fact I only seem to be reaching into my bag to reapply lipstick these days.
After using it for almost 4 weeks at the moment I don't have anything bad to say about the product; it hasn't increased the amount of spots I develop which has been a problem for me in the past with certain foundations (B. Flawless Complete Coverage), it doesn't make me look shiny which is the exact thing I am aiming to avoid and it lasts all day which is exactly what I need whilst standing under those ridiculously bright lights at work all day because they love to show all your imperfections.
Definitely one to try for those who have a similar skin type to me!

on 2/3/2014 1:45:00 AM

I have this in #4 and #6, which I mix together to get a color match for my skin. I really like this foundation as it has good medium coverage and lasts long on my combination skin. I like the packaging as it has a good foundation pump that doesn't distribute too much product. The gold cap and pump makes it look fancy and expensive, which it is. Make sure you blend and work it right into your skin when applied because it dries pretty quickly. Would definitely recommend this foundation, but it seems Nordstrom no longer carries it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loveeeeeee this foundation! Coming off the pill I am quite oily around my chin area and often have break out. I mix no. 4 & 7 and not only do I finalllllly get a colour that matches my completion (I am fair but I fake tan) without looking to pinky toned or oompa lumpa like, but it keeps my oil under control! I have quite reddish skin as well and it covers really good as it is buildable. Blends seamlessly and in photos my skin looks flawless (and it most definitely isn't from acne scaring). It just seem to glow with this foundation and I have had lots of complements lately. Also seem to be breaking out a lot less when I'm using this and will get them if I use another foundation! So in love with this and I've it ever goes out of sale I'll be heartbroken! It's just under $80 but we'll worth it.

on 7/9/2013 4:18:00 AM

I can not express how much I love this foundation. I've got oily, acne prone skin which can be very dry during winter and extremely oily in summer (especially during our Perth summer). I've tried drugstore to high end foundations and I think I've found my HG! I've been using this foundation for over a year now and have changed a few times in-between but have always gone back to this one. For me, the colour match is perfect both for summer and winter. I use the same shade as my skin adjusts to the tone. It keeps my oil at bay, and have to hardly re-powder after a long day. I love that the coverage is buildable. You can still get this in Australia which fingers crossed stays that way. Costs $78 in Myer but lasts a while so definitely worth the money.

Cost: $78 YSL Myer Counter
My Shade: #5
Skin Condition: Oily, acne prone. Dry during winter, oily during summer

on 6/2/2013 9:58:00 AM

Love this foundation, but YSL doesn't make it anymore. Is there anything out there that is close to the very nice finish this gives? Not too matte, not too shiny doesn't make me look like a grease ball in hot, humid Florida. Help, I don't know what to buy after my bottle is gone.

UPDATE - After not being able to find this at any of the YSL counters, I went on to YSL Beauty.com and they have this foundation on there in about 4 different shades. So, so happy to find my favorite foundation.