October 1, 2014 | 1150 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - TEINT RESIST Long Wear Transfer Resistant Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Christinezyy0207

The packaging is great. However, the cap can have "scars" if you accidentally scratch it.
This foundation gives a good coverage, and my skin just looked beautiful. I got compliments from my friends. The bad thing is that the scent. To me, I felt that it smells like watermelon, and in a bad way. I can not stand that smell. So I won't purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Upset

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not the biggest fan of foundation, for some reason concealer works well as foundation on me (chanel, by terry concealer pens) but of course, that really isn't very cost effective. I've always liked YSL foundations (was using the brush one years ago and loved it but need something more moisturising-advanced? as I am nearing the big 4 0) I'm really happy I chose this one! Skin looks luminous but not shiny or greasy, just a lovely matte glow if that makes sense. I chose shade #4 and I would have preferred it a teeeeeny bit lighter, but it looks extremely natural on me. Major credit for not seeping into fine lines or making them look worse; That is the first thing I look for in a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by AleRF

I do not know if ysl still makes this but it is a great foundation! I have it in nr 5 but the color is way too dark/orange for me now, i got it when i used to go tanning and it matched me perfectly then but now it just doesnt ( im a bd 40 in teint touche eclat which is a 100% match and an nc 25 in mac)

I feel bad that i cannot wear it because i love it, it has the most beautiful finish, semi matte, natural looking, and for my dry skin it gives a medium coverage & it stays on forever flawlessly. I honestly own and have tried so many foundations and none gave such a flawless, natural looking finish.

The only problem with this was that i felt like all shades went a bit on the orange side so because of that i would say that this is perfect for summer, when we are a bit more tan & also the formula would help on hot summer days and it won't run all over your face.

Then again i have not seen this in stores anymore but im sure you can still get it online and it is worth it. I think this is indeed a very good quality foundation.

I would repurchase if they would bring it back, same formula but a whole other range of shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by tonistarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been a drugstore foundation girl forever since I am only 19 years old and have never really had the money or the knowledge of make up to delve into the high end make up world. However, I work in a department store, surrounded by all the the gorgeous beauty stands with their lovely product packaging and thought that as it's the new year I'd give my face a bit of a treat with a new high end foundation. I have moderately oily skin and I have always had problems with acne. I spoke to a few of my friends in the store who told to me to try YSL as their Touche eclat foundation was a staple in their make up bags. Since my skin is more oily than dry (which Touche eclat is best for, I am told) the assistant said Teint Resist would be best. After colour matching me a number 4 and paying £29 (10% off promotion, RRP £33) for the beautifully packaged bottle I trotted off home eager to try it out.
Firstly I was horrified, I panicked thinking that she had matched me completely wrong and that I would now be walking round looking like an orange. I took it off and reapplied 3 times, trying different brushes and ways of application to see if that would make it look better. Alas, I did find that the Real Techniques buffing brush really worked the foundation into my skin and it turns out the colour is perfect for me, since I have a very uneven complexion due to redness and acne scars. It is darker to what I am used to wearing, but I believe it is down to the fact that I've always struggled to find the right colour in a drugstore foundation and have always gone for the lightest one, hence why it was such a shock and I was asking my mum every 5 minutes if I looked like an Oompa Loompa.

The coverage is medium but is buildable and covers the redness around my cheeks and nose. For those who have blemishes, concealer is needed as I found it didn't give me enough coverage to hide those completely, but that is a personal preference as I don't like my blemishes to be visable.
As for controlling my oiliness, it does work well and unlike previous foundation I do not need to reapply at all throughout the day or top up with powder as often as I used to to reduce shine; in fact I only seem to be reaching into my bag to reapply lipstick these days.
After using it for almost 4 weeks at the moment I don't have anything bad to say about the product; it hasn't increased the amount of spots I develop which has been a problem for me in the past with certain foundations (B. Flawless Complete Coverage), it doesn't make me look shiny which is the exact thing I am aiming to avoid and it lasts all day which is exactly what I need whilst standing under those ridiculously bright lights at work all day because they love to show all your imperfections.
Definitely one to try for those who have a similar skin type to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I have this in #4 and #6, which I mix together to get a color match for my skin. I really like this foundation as it has good medium coverage and lasts long on my combination skin. I like the packaging as it has a good foundation pump that doesn't distribute too much product. The gold cap and pump makes it look fancy and expensive, which it is. Make sure you blend and work it right into your skin when applied because it dries pretty quickly. Would definitely recommend this foundation, but it seems Nordstrom no longer carries it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Powderpuff84

I loveeeeeee this foundation! Coming off the pill I am quite oily around my chin area and often have break out. I mix no. 4 & 7 and not only do I finalllllly get a colour that matches my completion (I am fair but I fake tan) without looking to pinky toned or oompa lumpa like, but it keeps my oil under control! I have quite reddish skin as well and it covers really good as it is buildable. Blends seamlessly and in photos my skin looks flawless (and it most definitely isn't from acne scaring). It just seem to glow with this foundation and I have had lots of complements lately. Also seem to be breaking out a lot less when I'm using this and will get them if I use another foundation! So in love with this and I've it ever goes out of sale I'll be heartbroken! It's just under $80 but we'll worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by anedimo21

I can not express how much I love this foundation. I've got oily, acne prone skin which can be very dry during winter and extremely oily in summer (especially during our Perth summer). I've tried drugstore to high end foundations and I think I've found my HG! I've been using this foundation for over a year now and have changed a few times in-between but have always gone back to this one. For me, the colour match is perfect both for summer and winter. I use the same shade as my skin adjusts to the tone. It keeps my oil at bay, and have to hardly re-powder after a long day. I love that the coverage is buildable. You can still get this in Australia which fingers crossed stays that way. Costs $78 in Myer but lasts a while so definitely worth the money.

Cost: $78 YSL Myer Counter
My Shade: #5
Skin Condition: Oily, acne prone. Dry during winter, oily during summer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by supenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this foundation, but YSL doesn't make it anymore. Is there anything out there that is close to the very nice finish this gives? Not too matte, not too shiny doesn't make me look like a grease ball in hot, humid Florida. Help, I don't know what to buy after my bottle is gone.

UPDATE - After not being able to find this at any of the YSL counters, I went on to YSL Beauty.com and they have this foundation on there in about 4 different shades. So, so happy to find my favorite foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by barbi11111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good foundation for oily and acne prone skin. I love it !!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

I bought this foundation in #8 at a make-up counter in the airport where the sales lady matched me up. Unfortunately she matched me up with the totally wrong shade, and I look quite nice when I apply this but it becomes too orange after five or ten minutes. Maybe it oxidizes or something. During the winter months I am too fair for this foundation, and during the summer months I really do not like to apply too much foundation.

It is a shame that I did not find the right match for my skin, because I really like this foundation. It has a silky smooth feel when applied with a proper foundation brush. It does not make my poors clog, and it does not make my oily t-zone worse either. And it holds quite nice during the day. Even though it is pricey, this product delivers. I like everything about this foundation, except from the small colour range.