December 21, 2014 | 1874 users online

Lip Gloss - Hard Candy - Mouthing Off Sheer Lip Shine

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Colby516

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Please see my full review on my blog :) http://beautyproductreviewsbycolby.blogspot.com/2012/06/hard-candy-mouthing-off-sheer-lip-shine.html

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

I have this in Love Dove. I looks like a cool medium shade of cool pink with a bit of sparkle. When applied on my pigmented lips, it shows up as clear with a bit of pink...it's definitely cute. The texture is like MAC lip glass but not as sticky. The scent is similar to a vanilla cupcake...it's nice. Although the pigment is not as strong as MAC glasses (it is a sheer lip shine, after all), it is a good replacement if you want to cut back on spending. I paid about $6cdn at Walmart. I'm going to one or two more. They are perfect for a sheer and sexy shine on the lips. The packaging is kind of artsy and funky. I remember when you could only buy Hard Candy cosmetics in the department store. Honestly, I think this gloss is quite comparable to some department store glosses. I don't think I can do much better than this gloss. The price is right and the quality is good. I'm sold!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by shamcd

I have this in 214/Scoop, which is a nice, sheer beige-nude. It's probably the most neutral nude gloss I own and it smells great! Reminds me of vanilla cupcakes. It is quite sheer, as the name denotes, but applies smooth & creamy. Looks great by itself but even better layered over a nude lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by AudreyElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these and I don't find them to be sticky at all. To me, it's a very smooth, creamy sheer gloss, perfect for daily wear. I love the smell.

My favorite shade to date is exotic... I nice sheer, appley red with gold shimmer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by theserpentsapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these. They are a little sticky (hence removing 1 lippie) but overall, they are a nice, inexpensive gloss that lasts about 2 hours on me if I don't eat or drink.

This is one of the only shimmery glosses that don't make my lips feel weirdly numb. Chanel Glossimers do this to me and I'm not sure why. But Hard Candy's Mouthing Off Lip Shines don't and I'm really happy with them. My favorite shade is Gossip and if I could by 50 of these, I would.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Prom Queen and Heartbreaker. Prom Queen is glittery white in the tube and clear with glitter on my lips. I think I got an old tube or something. It smells like cupcakes but there's this slightly rancid, chemically scent along with it. Its not overwhelming but not good either. And the glitter is too gritty. I love Heartbreaker though. It's pink in the tube but basically clear. It smells so good and has a smooth, creamy texture. I like how these last a long time on my lips, at least a few hours or more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by snugsmontreal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

pros: smell/tastes great, good amount of product, good price, animal friendly
cons: cheap packaging, sheer (but that is in the name so...)

i love this as a lip gloss, i have it in "piglet 205" it is a cute mid-tone pink with a blueish cast to it. this smells and tastes great (a vanilla-candy-baked goods smell and a sweet taste), the color is very sheer (as it is marketed as a sheer lip gloss i am not surprised). it is more of a glistening shine with some glittery reflects in it. the glitter is smooth you don't get the sandpaper feel between your lips. the packaging is really the only thing i do not enjoy, it is a cardboard tube, yes it is decorated fancy but its still cardboard. it does have a clear plastic center strip so you can see the color. unlike the plumping serum gloss the mouthing off packaging is not deceptive. what you see is what you get, the tube is as thick as it looks from the outside. this is about 6 bucks and you get 7.5 gm or .26 oz or 7.7 ml. i would buy this one again before i would but the plumping on as you get 150% MORE with this than the plumping serum for the same dollar amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ainabarad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great, sheer, lip gloss. I have "Sweet Treat" and really like it. My ONLY complaint is I wish I had gotten a shade without glitter in it (DOH!), but I'm not going to hold that against the gloss because that was more of a user error with bad choice on my part! LOL Just keep in mind if you purchase that it is not sticky, some of the colors (not all) contain glitter (which the glitter does feel gritty to me), but it is EXTREMELY SHEER, so sheer that if you're wanting color to show up you'd want to pass on this.

Also, like all of the Hard Candy lip products, I have NO COMPLAINTS about the taste or smell (which is something I am VERY picky about when it comes to lip products). This gloss has a faint sweet smell, kind of similar to sugar cookies, fresh vanilla, or cake batter, and an extremely faint sweet taste to it. LOVE!!!

Slightly off topic: If you're looking for a very pigmented gloss and don't mind sticky glosses you may want to try Hard Candy's Button Your Lip instead. It's VERY pigmented and VERY sticky (note: the stickiness makes it last a very long time). I say this because a lot of people seem to have given this gloss bad reviews here and there around the internet solely because it's sheer/clear even though "Sheer" is part of its name.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these glosses in veil and heart-breaker. Heart-breaker is a gorgeous color (pink) that looks vibrant and against my natural skin tone. And veil is a good gloss to put over any lipstick. It's very soft, and isn't tacky or sticky. My only complaint is the packaging. While it's cute, I can't tell how much of the product I have left. But I have a trick for getting any extra gloss out of the tube, so it's not a huge loss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in "Au Naturel" which is the most gorgeous pale shimmery shade to layer over top of other lipcolors, to give a fuller more glam appearance. Also, looks beautiful on it's own for a nude lip with some sparkle! The packaging is really cute, although sometimes I'm not sure which end is the top, lol! GREAT lipgloss!