October 24, 2014 | 911 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - Immortelle Precious Cream SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This Precious Cream is not nearly as stellar as some of the other products L'Occitane has in its line. As a moisturizer, it is just okay, but for the price it should really be doing a whole lot more. If you are looking for deep moisturization in cream form, you would do better to check out L'Occitane's Very Precious Night Cream. Also, the SPF 20 leaves me a bit underwhelmed when they offer an awesome product (Immortelle Brightening Shield SPF 40) for around the same price, which is much more multi-tasking. The packaging is nice and elegant, but it does not make up for the lack of good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by go_onyagoodthing

I actually love this. I have combo skin & find it absorbs well and no cast. The main draw for me is that its not too oily & makeup lasts over it better than any other s/s I've ever tried. I would prefer higher protection though & Im not sure if its got good UVA protection-though the salesgirl said it had. Its really expensive aswell & you dont get a huge amoun & its not very hygenic. I can wear it daily though & I find I dont do that with my greasier, if better protection sunscreens.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the pretty glass jar this product is housed in. It's heavy and feels very expensive. Well, it is expensive. Almost $60 for 1.7 oz. This feels very creamy and moisturizing when applied on my skin (combo-oily). It does tend to look a little bit shiny and I have to be careful what I layer over it, because it will "catch" powder products and cause them to spread unevenly. I would never repurchase this - it's far to expensive for a nice cream that doesn't give me noticable benefits. I'll use this up and return to my Olay Total Effects.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been a L'Occitane Immortelle fan for years so when I heard that this was coming out, I anxiously awaited...but was soon to be disappointed. This cream is thick, fragrant (more than other Immortelle products) and sits on top of my skin, leaving a tacky feeling. It can make your face "white" from the titanium dioxide (6.624%) when you first apply it on and it eventually disappears as it "soaks" into the skin. This moisturizer feels like an average cheap facial sunscreen, nothing to write home about. For the price $50+ (I can't remember how much I paid and don't want to remember) I would not repurchase again. For those who have oilier complexions and are looking for something much lighter that I will continue to recommend and use is the L'Occitane Immortelle SPF 40.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

I really wanted to like this product but experienced a major issue which resulted in the return of this. This is an almost perfect product with one drawback: the sunscreen goes white at sign of any sweat. I experienced my face going white, especially around the hairline whenever I sweated. Now, the sweat I am referring to is not mid-summer sweat from walking around but rather just the minimal amount of sweat from usual skin respiration and obviously it was exacerbated at when there was serious sweat. When the sweat dries, it leaves a white patch as well so it draws attention to the parts of your face where the sweat glands are most active. This was very obvious and looked like a white mask. Under foundation, it made the colour look too light and again gave a mask like appearance.

This cream has a matte finish upon application and has slightly less moisture than the version without sunscreen. It absorbs fully and is such a shame that it goes white. I have combination skin and this seemed almost perfect for day wear since foundation applies well over it and doesn’t impart too much slip. There is no way around this problem either. The very precious lotion version with sunscreen does not suffer from this issue, but that is more suitable for oily skin or layered over other products.